[App] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for Note10, NEW: Notification preview!!

Search This thread

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
There's actually 2 that do this. AOE, and ArcLighting. They are both terrible (in my opinion) and drain the battery. It's really sketchy that they both require a third party AOD to work. I would definitely stick with AodNotify or LED Me Know, they don't require a third party AOD.

The Note 10+ bug is definitely because Samsung hasn't updated their AOD app, it's the same reason the Note 10 devices won't hide the fingerprint image when the screen turns off. They're just really slow at fixing things.
AOE does not require a third-party AOD to work and it doesn't kill your battery. Once set up correctly it works perfectly fine. I hate when people bad-mouth an app because they don't understand it.

Back on topic, I have purchased the premium version of aodNotify and hopefully Samsung will soon get there AOD updated so I can use it.

bmwwheelman

Oct 17, 2011
Kelowna BC
Am I missing it, or is there a setting for persistent notifications? When I receive a notification the ring shows up but goes away after a few seconds. And I have not touched the phone at all during this.

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Just investigated a Note 10+
the screen is actually compeltely disabled in the upper area. So theres no way to display content in there. I have no idea why Samsung is doing this on Note10+ but not on Note10. Maybe different hardware. Also forcing the screen on in this area is not possible currently.

Need further investigation

Reactions: joemill and guyd

jmstumme

May 21, 2007
Iowa
If you have Samsung's edge lighting on and the compatibility mode off then it shows correctly until the edge lighting finishes. Sooo Samsung can turn it on somehow ?*♂️

djchiments

Jul 4, 2014
Hello - I've been following this thread a bit. 4 days into this Note10+ and I'm a bit upset of how dumbed down the OS is. I may go back to my Note 5, still on the fence. The screen was brighter on that phone too.

It's funny to me that there is no notification light....something so simple. Strangely I have noticed what looks like a notification light to the right of the front camera about the size of a notification light, maybe it is a few pixels in size. I don't know if it is a glitch or something, but sometimes when i miss the thumbprint reader (which sucks) from an off screen, the screen will AOD wake with the thumb outline. But also for just a second, a little white light lights up next to the camera. I can reproduce this 4/5 times. I wonder what that is. I'll try to snap a pic of it.

As for the issue at hand, I'm on a 4 day old Note10+(Verizon), latest update. Latest google play version of this app.
I have tested several combinations of options based on what I've read here. What I have found is that there is NO option to get it working as designed other than ONE.

It will work correctly when you have AOD settings in aodNotify set for "Tap to Show". Granted you would have to single tap on the screen when you want to check for notifications, but both the edge lighting and the camera ring display as intended. The thing is... I don't believe its a true screen wake because it triggers the AOD display and not the lockscreen. So that makes me think it can work in AOD but something from a "screen off" pre-state is not letting it vet properly for a full display.

Something interesting though is that when the app option for AOD is set for "Only on Notification", the AOD triggers on alert and stays on until I clear the alert. (Even after you've woken the screen and are moving around. I verified this live while looking at the AOD Setting. As soon as you swipe the alert it turns off AOD, as intended). If i have the AOD clock or something then that would stay visible until I cleared the alert.

So then with that, personally I don't really need edge lighting or the camera ring. (I do like the camera ring though) to really work when I really just need something to trigger the AOD on alert and keep it on until i clear rather than what the stock settings provide. Even if there was an additional option in the app for just a small dot of color to display somewhere near the top of the screen would be great IMO. Even that little slice of the camera ring would technically suffice on a basic, basic level. If I were to chose not to display the clock it'd be a virtually blank screen. The thumbprint always on is annoying too. Waiting for the days of independent pixel brightness control. :cool:

Samsung Edge lighting: ON
Native AOD: OFF
aodNotify - AOD: Tap to show
aodNotify - Compatability mode: OFF

Sorry for the long post. As a Sys Eng I tend to be thorough. Hope this helps!

Reactions: joemill

torickray

Feb 22, 2010
AOE does not require a third-party AOD to work and it doesn't kill your battery. Once set up correctly it works perfectly fine. I hate when people bad-mouth an app because they don't understand it.

Back on topic, I have purchased the premium version of aodNotify and hopefully Samsung will soon get there AOD updated so I can use it.
Totally agree. This reason I use AOE because it doesn't need to enable AOD to work and doesn't need to install third party AOD. And it works when screen off. And it drain battery minimally.
This only issue is the app is not optimize for note 10, need manually adjustment to make it work.
Anyway, this is not the thread for AOE.
Anyone who use AOD persistently should support aodnotify

Reactions: bp328i

noobandroid

Sep 4, 2010
Hello - I've been following this thread a bit. 4 days into this Note10+ and I'm a bit upset of how dumbed down the OS is. I may go back to my Note 5, still on the fence. The screen was brighter on that phone too.

It's funny to me that there is no notification light....something so simple. Strangely I have noticed what looks like a notification light to the right of the front camera about the size of a notification light, maybe it is a few pixels in size. I don't know if it is a glitch or something, but sometimes when i miss the thumbprint reader (which sucks) from an off screen, the screen will AOD wake with the thumb outline. But also for just a second, a little white light lights up next to the camera. I can reproduce this 4/5 times. I wonder what that is. I'll try to snap a pic of it.

As for the issue at hand, I'm on a 4 day old Note10+(Verizon), latest update. Latest google play version of this app.
I have tested several combinations of options based on what I've read here. What I have found is that there is NO option to get it working as designed other than ONE.

It will work correctly when you have AOD settings in aodNotify set for "Tap to Show". Granted you would have to single tap on the screen when you want to check for notifications, but both the edge lighting and the camera ring display as intended. The thing is... I don't believe its a true screen wake because it triggers the AOD display and not the lockscreen. So that makes me think it can work in AOD but something from a "screen off" pre-state is not letting it vet properly for a full display.

Something interesting though is that when the app option for AOD is set for "Only on Notification", the AOD triggers on alert and stays on until I clear the alert. (Even after you've woken the screen and are moving around. I verified this live while looking at the AOD Setting. As soon as you swipe the alert it turns off AOD, as intended). If i have the AOD clock or something then that would stay visible until I cleared the alert.

So then with that, personally I don't really need edge lighting or the camera ring. (I do like the camera ring though) to really work when I really just need something to trigger the AOD on alert and keep it on until i clear rather than what the stock settings provide. Even if there was an additional option in the app for just a small dot of color to display somewhere near the top of the screen would be great IMO. Even that little slice of the camera ring would technically suffice on a basic, basic level. If I were to chose not to display the clock it'd be a virtually blank screen. The thumbprint always on is annoying too. Waiting for the days of independent pixel brightness control. :cool:

Samsung Edge lighting: ON
Native AOD: OFF
aodNotify - AOD: Tap to show
aodNotify - Compatability mode: OFF

Sorry for the long post. As a Sys Eng I tend to be thorough. Hope this helps!

your setup doesnt work on my 10+

Akram.

Dec 8, 2013
Hi dev,

I purchased the pro assuming I can replace the app instead of an actual notification light.

Below is what I require, can anyone help me configure?

1. Low battery indication with camera circle, when screen on and on aod screen.

2. Charging indication on cam circle even on aod. For some reason it is disabled. Check attached pic.

3. Does the 15s timeout apply even on aod?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
View attachment 4813271

edtranka

Jan 5, 2011
Is this beta available for download from the playstore or is there a link we need to go to to download it?

You can now display the lighting effect around the fingerprint sensor when the phone is locked!

Lighting effect:
• Fingerprint sensor effect
• Default timeout set to 1min.

General:
• Added translations!
• Fixes and optimizations

More features to come soon..[/QUOTE]

Pinu'u

Apr 22, 2016
In Playstore you can become a beta tester. Just wait a bit and you will get the update. ;)

FoneFreak786

May 2, 2009
hi friend, with the note 10+ error, can you make it so the light flashes around fingerprint area?
this should bypass the note10+ issues?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a notification light / LED for your Galaxy Note10? With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED directly to Samsung's Always On Display!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Galaxy Note10! As the notification light is integrated in Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

If you don't need the Always On Display, the app can also activate the Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications or show the notification light / LED even without the Always On Display!

With the notification preview feature you can directly see if you have important notifications without waking your Galaxy Note10!

MAIN FEATURES:
    • Notification light / LED for Galaxy S20, S10, Note 10 and others!
    • Low energy notification preview (android 10+)
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES:
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery
    • Minimal battery consumption

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO & INTERVAL - 1.0%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

Other apps use up to 5-10% per hour!

DOWNLOAD:

NOTES:
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software or always on display!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Samsung Galaxy" is a protected trademark of "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS"
    Next update will have an exciting new option to hide the AOD, so only the lighting effect will be visible :)

Stay tuned, coming soon...
    e4hkjvc.png
    e3kkjvx.png
    e1oijfy.png
    NOTE10+ IMPORTANT NOTE::
    Its currently not possible to show edge lighting above the camera when the screen is off on Note10+.
    Because of this edge lighting is displayed below the camera. Working on a fix.
    This does not happen on normal Note10, only on Note10+
    With latest Samsung september software update the Note10+ bug is finally fixed!!

Compatibility modes can be disabled if you have september update installed.