Zerolemon Rugged Case

Search This thread

Jeremiah164

Jun 28, 2013
For anyone considering this case, it blocks the proximity sensor. I thought that maybe my sensor had gone bad as during a call my screen would go blank and not turn back on. Turns out it was the case. Another thing to consider is the whole thing feels "cheap" compared to my otterbox but considering it's only $20 instead of $60 I can't really complain. It is easier to swipe down from the top to open menus than the otterbox, I just wish it didn't block the proximity sensor.

johnny crapple

Jul 9, 2011
For anyone considering this case, it blocks the proximity sensor. I thought that maybe my sensor had gone bad as during a call my screen would go blank and not turn back on. Turns out it was the case. Another thing to consider is the whole thing feels "cheap" compared to my otterbox but considering it's only $20 instead of $60 I can't really complain. It is easier to swipe down from the top to open menus than the otterbox, I just wish it didn't block the proximity sensor.

My proximity sensor is fine in this case.

Ricerocket00

Mar 30, 2013
I have a blue one, and also had the proximity sensor issue. Same problem I had with my GS3 and the ZL rugged case. In both situations I just snipped the bar off and cleaned up the area that I cut off with very fine sandpaper (started at 600 grit and progressed all the way to 2500 grit)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

johnny crapple

Jul 9, 2011
What colour case do you have? Maybe just my case or colour (blue) is bad

I have the black one. I also seen someone complain that their colored case had a problem with flash on their camera and they got a black replacement and it fixed that too.

My S3 and this case are working fine for me with my iloome tempered glass screen protector even (removed screen protector that was in it)

I plan to do this also. I do not like how much glare the included protector has in the sun, I can barely see the screen when its bright out even with the highest brightness set.

KRAZYADROIDMASTER

Feb 1, 2011
Got this holster at the flea market $3.00. :thumbup:

Had this since I got the case since the clip that came with the case I did not like it.

The clip is metal so it can take a beating. :D

If you look around the Internet you can find it on Amazon bigger and smaller to fit most phone's. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396135226803.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396135226803.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 148
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396135244515.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396135244515.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 151
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396135262094.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396135262094.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 149
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396135279195.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396135279195.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Wittyusernametaken

Sep 22, 2013
Do you have a colored inside to the case? I haven't had a problem with the black one. The only problems I have seen is with other colors.

I don't have one, but I really want the pink case, but not if it has proximity sensor issues. After the lifeproof debacle I've got zero desire for another case with tons of problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wittyusernametaken

Sep 22, 2013
I got the pink one. After watching a bunch of YouTube videos I realized the ones sold on amazon address the issue. I've got the anker 7800 in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

stellarose

Feb 27, 2011
I received my black case yesterday. Nothing bad to report except I live in South Texas with the glaring sun@102 I couldn't see my screen with the built in protector so I removed it.

johnny crapple

Jul 9, 2011
My clip to my holster broke. Does anybody know how I can get a new one or does anybody have one they don't use?

Firepac

Oct 24, 2011
Anyone else having a problem with the power button that's too sensitive? It keeps showing the power off screen when I hit the power button.

Edit: the power button is waaay too sensitive. Just running may finger across the power button is enough to turn the phone on/off. Is there anyway to fix this?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's some images of the ZeroLemon Rugged Case
    from what you said is the only really bad thing is the screen protector if anything im just going to cut it out if i do not like it. i look at it this way it has to be safer than just using the TPU case for my 7500 mAh battery. :D

Couldn't resist this at $20, ordered a few hours ago on amazonUS and got a shipped email shortly after. Wish it had a kickstand on the case though, it's the only thing i'll miss about the cheap case i'm currently using. Also disappointing to hear the built in screen protector isn't tight against the screen, as the otterbox defender case I had on my s3 made it feel like an old resistive touch screen, still if it's an issue a sharp knife should fix it.

Hello from ZeroLemon

For the screen protector, we do see some clients are having issues about it not sitting tight on the screen. We are happy to get those sorted for you. Please email us about this

Thanks
    Just ordered the rugged extended battery case from zerolemon. I'll be posting a full review in this thread as soon as I receive it. Hopefully I can retire my modded Defender now:D

(Link:) http://www.amazon.com/Zerolemon-Black-Series-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B00CXZIEC6/ref=sr_1_33?m=A3FBBJRRMMULGW&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1381245391&sr=1-33
    Well mine arrived today and i'm pretty impressed with it, it appears well made and fits perfectly. Seems to add almost no extra bulk over the 7500mah tpu case, and actually looks better too. The screen protector is as bad as I thought it was going to be, doesn't sit tight against the screen and makes it feel like an old resistive screen, i've already removed it and will fit an ordinary screen protector. Cutouts are all perfectly placed and the volume and power buttons have a decent feel to them and require no extra or lesser pressure to operate. Overall, very happy with this.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Can someone post some front pics without screen protector

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

image-1382642843331-V.jpg

image-1382642866307-V.jpg
    I just got it yesterday. No review yet bit I figure some pics at least. The shell feels like tpu material as opposed to the silicon rubber used by most other rugged cases.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app