*DISCONTINUED* [ROM][CM10][4.1.1]AOKP JB Preview build JUL23 /\ new AUG03 test build.

Search This thread

LittleRedDot

Jan 5, 2012
As for twrp, you flash it in recovery. If you're in cwm just flash it like any other zip and reboot back into recovery will see it now booting twrp

Hi Thanks for your help

Do I need to root first?

Having difficulty booting to recovery am pressing the relevant buttons but it just boots to ICS

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Hi

I dont have BACKUP as an option in my RECOVERY menu??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

^I don't think this guys is rooted.....

I've read your 2 threads in the Q&A section, have you rooted your phone? Do you have a oblong button at the bottom of the screen?

zsdersw

Jan 3, 2012
Milwaukee
There's not necessarily any reason to switch to TWRP unless you like it. The latest non-touch CWM (5.8.4.8) will work fine.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I have two complete setups configured the way I want and backed up in CWM... one running FJ's UCLF6 ICS and the other running this AOKP release (july 28). Switching between them is just a matter of restoring a backup. :)

I can't wait until hardware acceleration is fully working on CM10/AOKP. As it is right now, the ICS rom I'm using is smoother.

area4689

Oct 31, 2009
tested this ROM and other than bugs to be expected, its do-able, personally speaking. my only CONS are that the external_sd is unreadable and the build.prop gets non-functional after one change of the dpi so the next time I rebooted, the app itself wouldn't load all the way...those are my main important concerns, but other than those, there might be something else i'm missing, but seriously its ok. i know its in beta (very aware of that), but i figured these are essential things to point out. it was a nice test nonetheless...

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
or he downloaded/installed the wrong kernel, or he has a setting messed up, or, he just doesnt know that much about flashing roms...

this rom is anything but "laggy"...
The fact that he posts in BOLD FONTS, IN RED, tells you something..

rohankb

Feb 15, 2012
Seven Mile Beach
I don't want to add to the fire but to just help the comments, @Mohammed why not try a different launcher. I am running apex, some others use nova.

I for one can tell u I was on cm9 it was smooth, this is just as smooth if not smoother. I don't know what lags you're seeing that you can say is 1/6th of cm9. The rest of us dont. And its not even that anyone is not commenting. Its running great to me.

Last time I checked I didn't pay to join xda and am greatful to this forum and the guys like JamieD, H0tw1r3 and Cyanogen who helped develop this so I can have this on my Note.
Peace

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Thread Cleaned

I have cleaned the last few pages of this thread, tbh i am disgusted by some of the post i have read, they are just childish moans. Its is clear this is a beta preview build, so its not going to be perfect. No one has been forced to use it, so dont like it, dont ***** about it, use something else! Just appreciated the developers efforts, they put a lot of effort into there work for everyone's benefit and dont need any aggravation in return.

Also dont type in large red bold text, this really annoys me, there is no need unless you are a MOD posting a notice or a OP who wants to make something clear. Otherwise its like a spoiled child throwing there toys out of the pram because they dont get enough attention.​

Last edited:

lmorel12

Jul 11, 2008
IT Manager perspective

I am a geek and in the last few years my work has my highest priority. Therefore I don't get to "play" as much as I used to. I have been tweaking my phones for over 10 years. I want to thank you ALL involved with the Jelly Bean project, everyone involved. I wanted to say this: I bought a Note back in March. And yes I miss my iPhone 4 up until today. Jelly Bean is FINALLY something I truly enjoy. And because it's in the early stages of dev work, I can only imagine what's coming next. So for someone like me who needs something reliable because I end up using that tool to make money at the end of the day, you guys are FOR SURE on the right path. I guess my patience and tolerance for half baked products have been really low. Jelly Bean is truly a breath of fresh air.

Dudes, what's with the performance improvement compared to ICS??!?!? Just awesome!!!!!!! :D

ad44891

Mar 29, 2010
or he downloaded/installed the wrong kernel, or he has a setting messed up, or, he just doesnt know that much about flashing roms...

this rom is anything but "laggy"...
The fact that he posts in BOLD FONTS, IN RED, tells you something..

No lag here....+1

Sent from the mighty G-Note....if u not the best... than u like the damn rest!

celkin

Mar 16, 2011
Saint John, NB
Interesting thread over here... been using jamies paranoid android builds for a while. Got bored today n decided to give this a flash. Question though... there was a setting combination that put the notification bar into tablet mode. Changed something... not sure what and lost it. Any idea where it is that i tweak that?
Aside from that solid rom jamie, good work man. Im sure theres a few unexpected bugs i will stumble upon, but no complaints yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

ad44891

Mar 29, 2010
I don't want to add to the fire but to just help the comments, @Mohammed why not try a different launcher. I am running apex, some others use nova.

I for one can tell u I was on cm9 it was smooth, this is just as smooth if not smoother. I don't know what lags you're seeing that you can say is 1/6th of cm9. The rest of us dont. And its not even that anyone is not commenting. Its running great to me.

Last time I checked I didn't pay to join xda and am greatful to this forum and the guys like JamieD, H0tw1r3 and Cyanogen who helped develop this so I can have this on my Note.
Peace

my thoughts exactly....+1...c'mon on man, this Rom and JamieD81 PA rom are the smoothest around.

Sent from the mighty G-Note....if u not the best... than u like the damn rest!

rohankb

Feb 15, 2012
Seven Mile Beach
Interesting thread over here... been using jamies paranoid android builds for a while. Got bored today n decided to give this a flash. Question though... there was a setting combination that put the notification bar into tablet mode. Changed something... not sure what and lost it. Any idea where it is that i tweak that?
Aside from that solid rom jamie, good work man. Im sure theres a few unexpected bugs i will stumble upon, but no complaints yet.

Below 177 is tablet

Reactions: celkin

celkin

Mar 16, 2011
Saint John, NB
Correct me if im wrong then, no individual control over a specific apps dpi? With lcd density set to 160, the keyboard is painfully small.

knlgSeeker

Jul 30, 2010
Sunrise, FL
Google Pixel 5
Below 177 is tablet

downloading this right now.. just to clarify, you mean DPI of 177 or less is required for tablet mode in this ROM? it's been 213 or lower on ICS, not that i have any problem with running my phone at 177.. i've been running at 180 DPI for a while, currently at 240 which just doesn't look right to me now lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here is a taste!

test release cause i was bored read this post.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29760074&postcount=473

you guys have had your taste, and im having troubles keeping up with both roms, so all my efforts are back on PA
    someone will bring you guys aokp soon i promise :p
    thanks for all the support!!

YOUR FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK
    KEEP IT CIVIL IN HERE AND DONT BE A JACKOFF!

clearly the big red writing was passed by. here is a quote to read.
    lots of **** comments lately,

if someone asks a question be nice and point them to the right answer, no need to think your better then them
    we were all new to this at one point.

if it keeps up ill have the thread closed to comments.

BUGS:
    all from h0tw1r3's cm10
    usb to pc seems to be screwed? ADB WORKS SO DOES AIRDROID
    google now doesnt want to connect to server for voice.

this is built off the maguro aokp preview build #3 and CM10, there are alot of features missing still from aokp as its not all there.

take this for what it is and enjoy it.

extras:
    -nexus 7 bootanimation
    -appwidgetpicker2
    -filemanager
    -phablet mode out of box *213dpi* but all dpi's work 160-320

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: ALL OF THIS MUST BE DONE

1-download rom/kernel/gapps *linked below*
    2-place on your sdcard
    3-reboot to recovery *twrp2 preferred*
    3-BACKUP
    4-WIPE *YES INCLUDING YOU CM10 USERS*
    5-flash rom then kernel, then gapps *easy to do in twrp2 as you can set it to flash all 3, 1 after another.
    6-reboot and wait.

DOWNLOADS: NO MIRRORS PLEASE

ROM: HERE / MIRROR
    KERNEL: HERE
    GAPPS: HERE

SCREENSHOTS:

CLICK HERE

BUG FIXES:
    -if you cant download from market do this *worked for me*
    for google play store clear the cache, clear data, force stop then reboot. might throw another error, just download again should work.

thanks out to h0tw1r3, aokp team, anyone else thats helped me along the way.
    if 10 people like this post ill release a test build that has some things changed, and other things might be fixed or broken.
    it will not go in OP so only people that see the link in the post or quoted post will get to use it.
    i got 10 votes in less then 20 mins last night,
    can we double that on this post?

up for grabs. a new build with more rom control options.

typical disclaimer: things are broken, some new, some old, some things added, some might have been removed.

edit: its not thouroughly tested it was quickly tested and bootlooped after 5 minutes *theme engine which was removed after bootloop*
    it will be as last nights, highly unsupported and fully a testers release.
    Thread Cleaned

I have cleaned the last few pages of this thread, tbh i am disgusted by some of the post i have read, they are just childish moans. Its is clear this is a beta preview build, so its not going to be perfect. No one has been forced to use it, so dont like it, dont ***** about it, use something else! Just appreciated the developers efforts, they put a lot of effort into there work for everyone's benefit and dont need any aggravation in return.

Also dont type in large red bold text, this really annoys me, there is no need unless you are a MOD posting a notice or a OP who wants to make something clear. Otherwise its like a spoiled child throwing there toys out of the pram because they dont get enough attention.​
    Mine first!!!!!!