N7100XXUFNE1 France

Search This thread

robalm

Oct 4, 2013
NEE
There is no changelog as you guys know.
Probably security and bug fixes, i don't expect any huge changes.
I be back with kernel build info later today.

Last edited:

STELIOSFAN

Jan 5, 2012
Athens
Just saw this update.

I have an Italian N7100 and flashed over the France kit kat firmware (N7100XXUFND3) via odin, when it was first released.

Now, the new f/w is not available when checking for updates from my phone (not rooted). It says "latest updates already installed".

Shouldn't I get an update (N7100XXUFNE1) taken into consideration that my phone currently has the previous XEF f/w ?

xdapao3

Oct 31, 2008
Just saw this update.

I have an Italian N7100 and flashed over the France kit kat firmware (N7100XXUFND3) via odin, when it was first released.

Now, the new f/w is not available when checking for updates from my phone (not rooted). It says "latest updates already installed".

Shouldn't I get an update (N7100XXUFNE1) taken into consideration that my phone currently has the previous XEF f/w ?

Not if the CSC doesn't match the country your FW is for.

I am in a similar situation, I live in Italy and I have a Note II from Germany (DBT), Kies would always automatically alert me of new firmwares and download them for me (even though my Note is rooted), now that I have flashed a French FW Kies doesn't do that anymore (it would if I changed the CSC to France but that would wipe the Note so I am obviously not doing that).
The onboard FOTA SW (for you that are not rooted) works exactly like Kies, the CSC must match the FW or it wouldn't see new updates.

No big deal really...
Simply download the French update and flash it via Odin (which is what I am doing right now), it's a Kies FW so it will not wipe the Note.

Last edited:
Reactions: STELIOSFAN

luiss34

May 12, 2014
Just saw this update.

this is for france, wait a while

STELIOSFAN

Jan 5, 2012
Athens

I am in a similar situation, I live in Italy and I have a Note II from Germany (DBT), Kies would always automatically alert me of new firmwares and download them for me (even though my Note is rooted), now that I have flashed a French FW Kies doesn't do that anymore (it would if I changed the CSC to France but that would wipe the Note so I am obviously not doing that).
The onboard FOTA SW (for you that are not rooted) works exactly like Kies, the CSC must match the FW or it wouldn't see new updates.

No big deal really...
Simply download the French update and flash it via Odin (which is what I am doing right now), it's a Kies FW so it will not wipe the Note.

Thanks for the info.

My CSC is N7100OXAFND3
My BB is N7100XXUFND3

I think all are from France. So isn't it strange that I don't get the update?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-19-15-08-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-15-08-58.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 493
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-15-09-09.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-15-09-09.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:

xdapao3

Oct 31, 2008
Thanks for the info.

My CSC is N7100OXAFND3
My BB is N7100XXUFND3

I think all are from France. So isn't it strange that I don't get the update?

Nope, that's just the FW, the Country Sale Code of your Italian Note II is ITV (unless you bought it from a carrier, then it would have a different CSC for each one of them, and each of them would receive only its own updates).

You used to be able to check and change it by inputting *#272*Phone’s IMEI Here# in the dialer but I don't think that works anymore. there are now apps that do that (remember that changing it will wipe the smartphone).

Try *#1234# instead and see what it shows.

STELIOSFAN

Jan 5, 2012
Athens
Nope, that's just the FW, the Country Sale Code of your Italian Note II is ITV (unless you bought it from a carrier, then it would have a different CSC for each one of them, and each of them would receive only its own updates).

You used to be able to check and change it by inputting *#272*Phone’s IMEI Here# in the dialer but I don't think that works anymore. there are now apps that do that (remember that changing it will wipe the smartphone).

Try *#1234# instead and see what it shows.

Thanks for the reply. My CSC is French. (check my previous message, I have added 2 screenshots for CSC and baseband)

djlukas1983

Aug 20, 2009
Project Treble
I have xxund3 firmware right now and I tried to flash this new firmware using Mobile Odin but I can't do it because mobile odin doesn't reboot my phone to load the firmware. I didn't want to use odin cause I've got mj5 bootloader and don't want to lose it. Anyone have a problem with Mobile Odin?

Wysłane z mojego GT-N7100 przy użyciu Tapatalka

robalm

Oct 4, 2013
NEE
I have xxund3 firmware right now and I tried to flash this new firmware using Mobile Odin but I can't do it because mobile odin doesn't reboot my phone to load the firmware. I didn't want to use odin cause I've got mj5 bootloader and don't want to lose it. Anyone have a problem with Mobile Odin?

Ye MobilOdin cant reboot on some devices with custom rom.
You can still flash a revovery via MobilOdin and manuell reebot the phone.
Then flash a different rom via recovery (like a stock deodexed one)
Then use MobilOdin to flash N7100XXUFNE1.

djlukas1983

Aug 20, 2009
Project Treble
Ye MobilOdin cant reboot on some devices with custom rom.
You can still flash a revovery via MobilOdin and manuell reebot the phone.
Then flash a different rom via recovery (like a stock deodexed one)
Then use MobilOdin to flash N7100XXUFNE1.

I've got stock prerooted ND3 with Philz recovery.
What file in the archive is for bootloader, so maybe I will try to delete it and flash thru PC odin?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Model: GT-N7100
    Model name: GALAXY Note II
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: N/A
    Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
    Product Code: XEF
    PDA: N7100XXUFNE1
    CSC: N7100OXAFNE1
    MODEM: N7100XXUFND3

Download> https://mega.co.nz/#!2QRmCbyb!YkWs927BfvYxqL-vJiQHXkshqG3UtqHm4XIDbgLsEK0
    Just saw this update.

No big deal really...
    Thanks for the reply. My CSC is French. (check my previous message, I have added 2 screenshots for CSC and baseband)

That's still just the FW. Apps like this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo should show your smartphone's (not the FW's) Country Sale Code (and allow to change it, and you need root too).
    Does it still have the extra whitespace in the multitasking menu? And the blurry Wi-Fi icon? Or has it been improved?

KitKat build:
    pacarHq.jpg

Correct Jelly Bean build:
    FYjfzi3.jpg
    Wait wait are you saying one can flash stock firmware via Pc Odin and avoid bootloader ? I thought one only needs to check the AP tab and select the tar file of firmware ? Bootloader would get flashed no matter with PC Odin right ? How can one avoid bootloader in PC Odin ? Please explain

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

This will only work if one gets 4 seperate files from sammobile, right?
    EDIT: Theoretically speaking: Another option is to remove boot.img from tar file and modify md5 checksum