[Q] Blank screen after theme install

Search This thread

borrecognize

Aug 9, 2011
San Jose
I just rooted my phone, flashed superuser and backed it up. Now I installed a theme, but after it gets passed the 4G screen it makes me force close a lot of apps, did I install it wrong? PLEASE HELP!

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
Most themes say which rom its for. If you were on the stock rom you need to find a stock rom theme

We're comin from a pure power source.

tropicalbrit

Mar 6, 2011
United States
Well, if you just rooted then you probably have the basic odexed ROM. Most of the themes are for deodexed ROMs.
Please correct me if the theme is for odexed, but I am guessing that is the problem. If you didn't make a nandroid you may have to flash your first custom ROM

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

borrecognize

Aug 9, 2011
San Jose
nandroid shows up in the boot menu, and i flash the theme. Is there any sites you guys can recommend for themes?

2.3 root
hboot 2.16

How do I find if the ROM type and if it's Odexed?

plainjane

Jan 14, 2011
Charlotte, NC
If you haven't specifically flashed the stock deodexed rom, it's odexed. You'll need to flash the stock deodexed rom to be able to theme. The themes will need to be made specifically for stock, Sense 2.1/3.0, CM7/AOSP and MIUI themes won't work.
If you want more themes, you'll be better off flashing a custom rom. I'm not sure about the availability of Sense themes, but CM7 and MIUI have theming built in. These are both AOSP roms, they're not Sense which is what you're used to. MIUI is my personal favorite, and definitely the most themable.
You can always make a nandroid backup and try out different roms/themes. If you don't like what you flash, just restore your backup or keep flashing until you find something you like.

Sent from my Evo + MIUI using Tapatalk!