[ROM][ICS][P7300/P7310]Official CyanogenMod 9 [2012-09-03]

Search This thread

safir187

Sep 14, 2011
Tehran
come on people! i did a fresh install in the first place. i have wiped every thing thrice now. i have fixed the permissions. i have used a couple of wifi fix apps. i have changed my router's channel to all the 13 channels that it supports. but still no luck. i can not get the wifi to work.
when i turn it on in the settings it stays on "turning on wifi..." and it doesn't show my network. and when i go to another settings tab and come back the "turning on wifi..." disappears and still nothing.
what do i do?!

pseudoheld

May 8, 2009
come on people! i did a fresh install in the first place. i have wiped every thing thrice now. i have fixed the permissions. i have used a couple of wifi fix apps. i have changed my router's channel to all the 13 channels that it supports. but still no luck. i can not get the wifi to work.
when i turn it on in the settings it stays on "turning on wifi..." and it doesn't show my network. and when i go to another settings tab and come back the "turning on wifi..." disappears and still nothing.
what do i do?!

i feel you pain man. i remember when my nexus one just wouldn't connect to my router and no one could figure out why.
i am no pro nor a dev but here are some things you could try.
first of all it would be good to have a log of whats happening.
either get this via logcat or use an app like osmonitor
then turn the wifi on and off and see if you can find something out from the logs (error messages or whatnot) otherwise save the logs and post them here maybe I or someone more talented can help you out...

ChristopherJ

Jan 27, 2009
Blacksburg
what do i do?!

Start from scratch with the wifi. I had problems with it weeks ago and posted here after replacing the wpa_supplicant file a few times to try and enable ad-hoc networks. Try a fresh flash and wait on the wifi to connect for about 20 minutes. Not sure why it takes so long, but that's what worked for me on my most recent install. It only took awhile on the first time connecting and is fairly fine on the subsequent connects. The wifi has a few wonky moments here and there but a reboot usually fixes it.

safir187

Sep 14, 2011
Tehran
i feel you pain man. i remember when my nexus one just wouldn't connect to my router and no one could figure out why.
i am no pro nor a dev but here are some things you could try.
first of all it would be good to have a log of whats happening.
either get this via logcat or use an app like osmonitor
then turn the wifi on and off and see if you can find something out from the logs (error messages or whatnot) otherwise save the logs and post them here maybe I or someone more talented can help you out...
i don't have access to the market but i downloaded osmonitor from here:
http://android-os-monitor.googlecode.com/files/OSMonitor_Tablet-1.0.2.apk

but it says application not installed when i try to install it.
so thats that.

@ChristopherJ: thank you very much. i'm gonna try that and report back.

pseudoheld

May 8, 2009
but it says application not installed when i try to install it.
so thats that.

?! that is VERY strange behaviour. have you activated installation of non market apps? i have never seen or heard of that error. it gives you that error when you try to install? not when you try to run it after installing? (just double checking)

do you know how to use adb and get a logcat and dmesg? (basically what i was gonna ask you to use osmonitor for)
if not then try and use any other logcat app that you can find.

logcat basically says what is doing on with your system and dmesg is the kernel output saying what your kernel is doing. maybe with this we can discover what is going on underneath the UI.

safir187

Sep 14, 2011
Tehran
i installed android sdk and i used the adb devices command via cmd. this is the response:
List of devices attached
C4F121B12AFCE9E offline

i also tried adb logcat but it only said "waiting for device" and nothing happened.
usb debugging is enabled in developer settings. i don't know what i'm doing wrong.

pseudoheld

May 8, 2009
No but hope next release the camera works. Nice for skype

camera will probably only work once we get an OFFICIAL ics rom by samsung.
the camera is proprietary hardware thus not included in the open source part of android, so we can't get it to run unless samsung release the code to get it working (which will only come bundled in an official ics rom)
so yeah...don't hold your breath for seeing it in the next release or sth ;)

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
camera will probably only work once we get an OFFICIAL ics rom by samsung.
the camera is proprietary hardware thus not included in the open source part of android, so we can't get it to run unless samsung release the code to get it working (which will only come bundled in an official ics rom)
so yeah...don't hold your breath for seeing it in the next release or sth ;)

We now and we wait wait wait...:rolleyes:

Print from my GT-I9000 using
------------AOKP------------

s.illes79

May 24, 2010
Works like a charm, i'm running at 1.4GHz, no issues so far :) completely transformed my tab, always hated the laggy stock rom. Where to find the latest nightly builds ? Latest in thread seems to be out dated,

Cheers

Reactions: odysseus84

odysseus84

Dec 19, 2010
Solothurn
I asked a few posts before: this rom is very similar to the tab 10.1 rom. So... every developing for the 10.1 tab is also for us. But there is no one out there who kang a new build. I think i will ask the galaxyan soup guy for make a kang build :)

PS last merged change for this tab generation was made on 19.4 soo no, it s not dead.
Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts