BASEUS Ultra-Thin Air Case

Search This thread

bjkc

Mar 5, 2013
Hi friends, I would like to inform you about a nice transparent-soft case. I have been using it for 3 weeks and very pleased with this case. It has two colour options; fully transparent and grey transparent.

Advantages;
- It covers all body but does not affects the usage of infrared.
- Since it is soft, does not scratch the phones' edges and body.
- It is very cheap (~$5) but really at good quality.
- It protects its clearity and not yellowing like other transparent soft cases.
- It is very thin, only 0.6mm.
- It fits perfectly.
- It looks very stylish.

Disadavantages;
- Since it is very thin, I don't think that it will protect the phone from drops.

henderjr

Hi friends, I would like to inform you about a nice transparent-soft case. I have been using it for 3 weeks and very pleased with this case. It has two colour options; fully transparent and grey transparent.

Advantages;
- It fits perfectly.
- It looks very stylish.

Disadavantages;
- Since it is very thin, I don't think that it will protect the phone from drops.

Does the case effect camera photos when using the flash? My clear spigen does and makes flash photos in dark scenes useless with the case.

henderjr

i have no flash issues with my spigen clear case...ill post a pic and you tell me what you think??

I had some washed out type pics with case on and flash. Just tried to duplicate at work but not dark enough. This is the Spigen I have

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IF5B218/

Even in the reviews there are lots of comments about the issue.

I did have the same issue with the flash adding a haze to pictures. I googled this and apparently quite a few cases can have this effect, In this case it is because the case acts like fibre optics and carries the light from the flash and disperses it across the lens. Easily fixed however, take a black permanent marker and draw round the edge of the lens and flash hole and this stops the light transmitting.

I might try the sharpie around the inside of the flash hole on the case to see if that helps. I did order the Baseus case too since it's such a reasonable price.

DruoGaby

May 31, 2013
I had some washed out type pics with case on and flash. Just tried to duplicate at work but not dark enough. This is the Spigen I have

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IF5B218/

Even in the reviews there are lots of comments about the issue.

I might try the sharpie around the inside of the flash hole on the case to see if that helps. I did order the Baseus case too since it's such a reasonable price.

ok i tried it and i did notice the difference...sorry...does this baseus case have super clear?..and lemme know with the sharpie

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

im ordering one of these!!!...the spigen is a bit thick i dont really want a case and the picture thing isss anoyin

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

this case fits the whole phone right??? show us a picture with it in it?..thanks

peoples_flip

Apr 24, 2011
Toronto
For $5.00 I decided to buy this case... once I receive the case I will post pictures.
I opted for the Transparent White version of this case.

d.cortez

Dec 30, 2005
north texas
Google Pixel Fold
i also have the same case, and mine must be one that slipped through QA... it fits rather poorly and the sides are not properly aligned with the phone face/top, e.g., what lip there is does to come to the top. if the fit was better, this would be an ideal case for those desiring a case that adds minimal bulk and provides some level of protection.

DruoGaby

May 31, 2013
mines should ship out today from amazon....is it full transparent tho?..still show us some pics man

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga

henderjr

I have a clear Spigen that looks a bit "yellow" and has the flash bleed issue. I also just got the Baseus Air case. It can't be anymore slim. It doesn't stick out past the screen so there isn't any screen protection if you lay it upside down. No flash bleed and it looks very clear. Power button sucks on it (have to push really hard) though volume buttons are alright. Here are a couple pictures.

The other case is a Diztronic that has a QI receiver taped inside. I usually only use that case while at work because I have a QI enabled dock.

Attachments

• IMAG0130.jpg
    IMAG0130.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,338
  • IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,241
  • IMAG0133.jpg
    IMAG0133.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,209
Last edited:

DruoGaby

May 31, 2013
I have a clear Spigen that looks a bit "yellow" and has the flash bleed issue. I also just got the Baseus Air case. It can't be anymore slim. It doesn't stick out past the screen so there isn't any screen protection if you lay it upside down. No flash bleed and it looks very clear. Power button sucks on it (have to push really hard) though volume buttons are alright. Here are a couple pictures.

The other case is a Diztronic that has a QI receiver taped inside. I usually only use that case while at work because I have a QI enabled dock.

nice thanks for the pics!! im still waiting on mine!!..loking at tracking everyday..lolol...i rather go caseless but this phone is so slippery..and i just want something so when i lay it down it doesnt scratch it...cant wait for it

RAM_1994

Oct 1, 2011
M8 looks perfectly, so I just need a fully transparent TPU case to protect it, and this one seems great. It should arrive in a couple of days.

Just one question for everyone who has it- is it hard to press the power button?

DruoGaby

May 31, 2013

can u post a picture of it on the phone?/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Advantages;
    - It fits perfectly.
    - It looks very stylish.

Disadavantages;
    Been eyeing this case for the longest time, but didn't think it'd be that much thinner than a typical generic TPU case. I finally caved and got one, because I wanted to pair it with a dbrand skin and be able to show off the back. Some of the pics in this thread depicting just how clear it is convinced me.

I got it today and must say, I am extremely impressed by it. This is far from your typical generic TPU case that you can buy by the truckload off eBay, it is by far the most thin TPU case I have ever seen for ANY phone. In fact I will be exclusively looking for Baseus TPU cases from here on out for any future phone I buy, this case is awesome for showing off the default look of a phone or a back skin, and the glossy sides and lips add a bit of attention grabbing shimmer to the phone. There's definitely a sense of attention to detail, by how they managed to give the back a texture without turning it into a completely frosted finish, like most other generic clear TPU cases with textured backs. It's amazing how clear the back is, despite it having a textured back. I think the back will be far less likely to pick up obvious scratches as well, compared to clear TPU cases that are 100% clear.

In terms of grip, because the back is textured, it doesn't have the sticky feel that most clear TPU cases have. Only the sides have it, so you have enough stickiness to get a grip, but not so much that it starts turning into a dust magnet, or starts sticking to your pocket.

I picked mine up off eBay auction # 400783457579, pretty much was the cheapest auction there was for it. It came without a box, but as far as I can tell, it seems authetic enough...zero scratches, no yellowing. Quite frankly I don't think you could easily replicate a TPU case this thin, and with the same back texture, which has a pretty complex microdot pattern to it upon close examination. Mines wraps around my M8 perfectly, and is only loose along the long edges if I try to hold the phone by the lips. I personally prefer the case to be just a tad loose, it makes it easier to take off and clean out dust now and then.
    Does the case effect camera photos when using the flash? My clear spigen does and makes flash photos in dark scenes useless with the case.

No, it does not effect the camera photos that are taken with flash. No extra shining.
    can u post a picture of it on the phone?/

Maybe tonight. At work and don't have another camera available at the moment.