[ROM][6.0][AOSP][{Un,}Official] LineageOS 13.0 (Marshmallow)

Search This thread

stargo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2011
Fürth
LineageOS 13.0 (Marshmallow) {un,}official builds for the Droid 4

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 * Collectively, and at the same time.
 */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Use these builds on your own risk!

Builds:
Current official builds:
https://download.lineageos.org/maserati (Droid 4)
(When migrating from CM (official and unofficial) or Lineage unofficial, flash this first (manually mount /data in TWRP before flashing and unmount it afterwards) and then directly flash the new image without rebooting)

Su addon for official builds: http://droid.cs.fau.de/lineage-13.0/addonsu/ (The official addon doesn't currently install on Omap4)

Current unofficial manual builds:
https://droid.cs.fau.de/lineage-13.0/

Old official CM nightly builds and snapshots:
https://droid.cs.fau.de/Official_CM_Builds/maserati/ (Droid 4)

Old manual builds:
https://droid.cs.fau.de/cm-13.0/test/

Changes (only device/family specific, CM base is always synced before build and contains more changes):
  • 2017-03-25:
    • Sync with LineageOS (March security level)
  • 2017-03-02:
    • Sync with LineageOS
  • 2017-02-19:
    • Fix 10 kernel security bugs
    • Add SGX Omap4-changes
    • Sync with LineageOS
  • 2017-02-10:
    • Sync with LineageOS (January security patchlevel)
  • 2017-02-01:
    • Sync with LineageOS
  • 2017-01-11:
    • Sync with LineageOS
    • Rebrand to lineage
  • 2016-01-21:
  • 2016-01-16:
    • Added SELinux rules to allow fsck on stock-partitions and fixboot to unmount safestrap-partition
    • Graphics glitches fixed
    • zRAM uses 2 compression streams now
  • 2016-01-14:
    • Implemented LiveDisplay/Color Calibration
  • 2016-01-13:
    • More fixes for switching CDMA devices to GSM
    • T-Mobile CZ APN corrected
  • 2016-01-11:
    • Preferred network type is now set earlier
    • Audio-routing through dock-audio (desk/car) added
    • Mouse-pointer (USB/Lapdock) fixed
  • 2016-01-08:
    • Camera no longer crops pictures in portrait mode
    • USB storage integration added
    • Initial root-mode setting fixed
    • Migrated from busybox to toybox, busybox is gone
    • Fixed duration of boostpulse in power HAL
  • 2016-01-06:
    • VZW data fixed
    • Reboot to recovery fixed
    • Wifi configuration updated
    • Widevine blobs updated (from sprout)
  • 2016-01-04:
    • Adoptable storage fixed
    • Many kernel patches to filesystem-, block- and mmc-layers
  • 2015-12-25:
    • Fixed internal storage for real. You need to manually remove /data/system/storage.xml and reboot when upgrading from previous builds. After that the internal storage will be the primary sd.
  • 2015-12-24:
    • Fixed crashes of com.android.phone on GSM/UMTS (XT894/XT912)
    • Configure internal storage like expected in M (can't be adopted, would kill safestrap)
    • Fixed GPS initialization failing most of the time
    • Run wifi calibration at an earlier stage
    • Workaround for VZW data: toggle airplane mode after boot once
    • Something which needed ffmpeg and imagemagick
  • 2015-12-18:
    • Switching of preferred network fixed
    • SELinux rules updated
    • SELinux is now enforcing
  • 2015-12-14:
    • Audio-routing fixed
  • 2015-12-11:
    • Capacitive buttons on {umts_,}spyder are no longer recognized as an external stylus, but as buttons
    • SELinux policies updated
    • Update widevine from mako
    • Added (very slow) emulation of idiv-operations not supported by Omap4 but required by newer blobs (gapps swype, widevine)
  • 2015-12-07:
    • First build for most devices

What's working:
  • Phone (tested on Verizon and on GSM/UMTS in Europe)
  • Mobile data
  • WiFi
  • GPS
  • Camera
  • HDMI
  • Playback of DRM-protected content (using Widevine from sprout)
  • Reboot to recovery

What's not working:
Probably most everything else, including, but not limited to:
  • Data encryption (due to safestrap)

Gapps:
OpenGApps
If you install Gapps after the ROM has been booted for the first time you either need to wipe data or manually delete /data/system/users/0/runtime-permissions.xml and reboot. Without this Gapps will crash constantly. This is due to the new permissions-system in M.

Installation:

GSM users:
These versions (both unofficial and official) automatically switch to GSM/UMTS without installing additional patches.

Source / Repositories:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 13.0 on Motorola Droid4, ROM for the Motorola Droid 4

Contributors
stargo, Hashcode, Dhacker29
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2017-03-25

Created 2015-12-14
Last Updated 2017-04-05

Shobai

Jan 13, 2010
Installed 151214 this morning over the top of 151210.

The "low in call volume " issue appears to be fixed, as per the notes above; I've had a few phone calls this morning with only one issue:

I was in my car, listening to music from my phone via the 3.5mm socket, when I had a phone call come in. While the phone paused the song during the phone call, instead of hearing the call through my car's audio it was output via the phone's speaker. The music picked up from where it had left off, [edit: through the car audio system,] after the call ended. @stargo, is that related to the issue you've fixed? Or will that be something silly at my end?

Last edited:

stargo

Jan 7, 2011
Fürth
Hi,

Installed 151214 this morning over the top of 151210.
I was in my car, listening to music from my phone via the 3.5mm socket, when I had a phone call come in. While the phone paused the song during the phone call, instead of hearing the call through my car's audio it was output via the phone's speaker. The music picked up from where it had left off, [edit: through the car audio system,] after the call ended. @stargo, is that related to the issue you've fixed? Or will that be something silly at my end?

All low-level audio-routing problems should be fixed, this sounds like a problem with the IncallUI (it probably did not specify that the audio should be routed over the headphone out). Haven't looked there yet...

Cheers,
Michael

Reactions: Bobcus Leper

Shobai

Jan 13, 2010
Apologies for the double post! @stargo, I think this may have been mentioned in the CM12 thread - I've got "Playback control" turned on under Buttons, but a long press of the volume keys doesn't have any effect on playback. The volume keys work properly for volume, though.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

LuH

Aug 10, 2007
CZ
Tested 2015-12-11, looks awesome! However, I couldn't find a way to turn off vibration upon touching buttons (capacitative ones under screen), spent over 10 mins in settings, searched there for "vibr" and checked all results – nothing... Any clue?

Septfox

Whoa nice, you got it running. Not that there was ever really any doubt ;)

I don't have time at the moment to flash it myself, but to those who've flashed it, I pose the questions that are always inevitably posed:

How's it running, about the same as Lollipop? Has the Doze mode done anything for battery life on our hardware?

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus
Whoa nice, you got it running. Not that there was ever really any doubt ;)

I don't have time at the moment to flash it myself, but to those who've flashed it, I pose the questions that are always inevitably posed:

How's it running, about the same as Lollipop? Has the Doze mode done anything for battery life on our hardware?

Far better performance than LP. Also, with doze, my phone can last up to four and a half days in standby. I'm running the December 14th build on my RAZR as my DD. Performance is incredible!

Reactions: Septfox

Careless_

Nov 13, 2010
So has the build from the 14th fixed the DATA issue?

By no LTE/CDMA support right now, does that mean I wouldn't be able to receive emails and online push notifications unless I am on WiFi or they are Text/SMS based?

Cain77

Sep 12, 2012
hi, can i have noob question? is there some tutorial how to make own build (i have tried to google what to do in which order but i didnt have much luck - create folders, get local manifest, init repo but when and how get omap4 common files required for build...)?

Narevek

Feb 4, 2009
Managed to get a working data connection with Verizon after tweaking the apns-conf file. Changed the Verizon apn lines to match what we had in Lollipop. Both 4g and 3g seems to be working, and I was able to successfully send and receive MMS messages.

I've attached the edited file in case any other Verizon users want to test and confirm. Just extract and copy it to /system/etc using your favorite root explorer, then go into APN settings and reset to default (I don't remember if I had to restart or toggle airplane mode on/off before it connected the first time, but I don't think I did).

Attachments

• apns-conf.zip
    59.3 KB · Views: 33

Careless_

Nov 13, 2010
Managed to get a working data connection with Verizon after tweaking the apns-conf file. Changed the Verizon apn lines to match what we had in Lollipop. Both 4g and 3g seems to be working, and I was able to successfully send and receive MMS messages.

I've attached the edited file in case any other Verizon users want to test and confirm. Just extract and copy it to /system/etc using your favorite root explorer, then go into APN settings and reset to default (I don't remember if I had to restart or toggle airplane mode on/off before it connected the first time, but I don't think I did).

So by finding this out, it would seem that the Data connection for any provider is not functioning due to a permissions issue in which the OS cannot write the given APNs from the "search" function to the file which stores the data... is that correct?

stargo

Jan 7, 2011
Fürth
Hi,

Great :)

Does it work after a reboot, too?

Or do you then need to toggle airplane mode again? It might be that toggling airplane mode is what actually causes the connection to be established. Judging from the radio logs I have seen, the RIL responds with an error after bootup and toggling airplane mode might fix it.

Btw, for the people on UMTS: I'm testing a fix for the crash of com.android.phone after boot.

EDIT: Confirmed by @joojoobee666: toggling airplane is enough to get data working

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:

LuH

Aug 10, 2007
CZ
Flash the build from the 14th.
Yup, switching Vibrate on touch off in sounds settings helps from this build on. Thanks, I have decided to make this my primary system, so far great impression :)

Far better performance than LP. Also, with doze, my phone can last up to four and a half days in standby. I'm running the December 14th build on my RAZR as my DD. Performance is incredible!
I second that; especially Trebuchet, Settings, dialer, contacts and messaging are way more responsive. I clean installed system (1218 build; wipe /system, install just this and Open GApps Pico) with keeping data from 12.1, it went pretty smooth.
Also it's been laying in standby for about 12 hours now, Wi-Fi on, and it's still charged ~96%. Either it's a battery level reading bug and will soon drop fast, or huge improvement over L - usually I'd lose 10% - 20% at least.

Last edited:

hearkenoath

Jun 22, 2013
Juarez
GREAT JOB I was looking forward to CM 13 since June. However, right after flashing GAPPS the processes crash and can't make any progreses. Doesn't matter if I use Slot 1 or 2, already tried mount no-mount /system and /data.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 13.0 (Marshmallow) {un,}official builds for the Droid 4

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Use these builds on your own risk!

Builds:
    Current official builds:
    https://download.lineageos.org/maserati (Droid 4)
    (When migrating from CM (official and unofficial) or Lineage unofficial, flash this first (manually mount /data in TWRP before flashing and unmount it afterwards) and then directly flash the new image without rebooting)

Su addon for official builds: http://droid.cs.fau.de/lineage-13.0/addonsu/ (The official addon doesn't currently install on Omap4)

Current unofficial manual builds:
    https://droid.cs.fau.de/lineage-13.0/

Old official CM nightly builds and snapshots:
    https://droid.cs.fau.de/Official_CM_Builds/maserati/ (Droid 4)

Old manual builds:
    https://droid.cs.fau.de/cm-13.0/test/

Changes (only device/family specific, CM base is always synced before build and contains more changes):
    • 2017-03-25:
      • Sync with LineageOS (March security level)
    • 2017-03-02:
      • Sync with LineageOS
    • 2017-02-19:
      • Fix 10 kernel security bugs
      • Add SGX Omap4-changes
      • Sync with LineageOS
    • 2017-02-10:
      • Sync with LineageOS (January security patchlevel)
    • 2017-02-01:
      • Sync with LineageOS
    • 2017-01-11:
      • Sync with LineageOS
      • Rebrand to lineage
    • 2016-01-21:
    • 2016-01-16:
      • Added SELinux rules to allow fsck on stock-partitions and fixboot to unmount safestrap-partition
      • Graphics glitches fixed
      • zRAM uses 2 compression streams now
    • 2016-01-14:
      • Implemented LiveDisplay/Color Calibration
    • 2016-01-13:
      • More fixes for switching CDMA devices to GSM
      • T-Mobile CZ APN corrected
    • 2016-01-11:
      • Preferred network type is now set earlier
      • Audio-routing through dock-audio (desk/car) added
      • Mouse-pointer (USB/Lapdock) fixed
    • 2016-01-08:
      • Camera no longer crops pictures in portrait mode
      • USB storage integration added
      • Initial root-mode setting fixed
      • Migrated from busybox to toybox, busybox is gone
      • Fixed duration of boostpulse in power HAL
    • 2016-01-06:
      • VZW data fixed
      • Reboot to recovery fixed
      • Wifi configuration updated
      • Widevine blobs updated (from sprout)
    • 2016-01-04:
      • Adoptable storage fixed
      • Many kernel patches to filesystem-, block- and mmc-layers
    • 2015-12-25:
      • Fixed internal storage for real. You need to manually remove /data/system/storage.xml and reboot when upgrading from previous builds. After that the internal storage will be the primary sd.
    • 2015-12-24:
      • Fixed crashes of com.android.phone on GSM/UMTS (XT894/XT912)
      • Configure internal storage like expected in M (can't be adopted, would kill safestrap)
      • Fixed GPS initialization failing most of the time
      • Run wifi calibration at an earlier stage
      • Workaround for VZW data: toggle airplane mode after boot once
      • Something which needed ffmpeg and imagemagick
    • 2015-12-18:
      • Switching of preferred network fixed
      • SELinux rules updated
      • SELinux is now enforcing
    • 2015-12-14:
      • Audio-routing fixed
    • 2015-12-11:
      • Capacitive buttons on {umts_,}spyder are no longer recognized as an external stylus, but as buttons
      • SELinux policies updated
      • Update widevine from mako
      • Added (very slow) emulation of idiv-operations not supported by Omap4 but required by newer blobs (gapps swype, widevine)
    • 2015-12-07:
      • First build for most devices

What's working:
    • Phone (tested on Verizon and on GSM/UMTS in Europe)
    • Mobile data
    • WiFi
    • GPS
    • Camera
    • HDMI
    • Playback of DRM-protected content (using Widevine from sprout)
    • Reboot to recovery

What's not working:
    Probably most everything else, including, but not limited to:
    • Data encryption (due to safestrap)

Gapps:
    OpenGApps
    If you install Gapps after the ROM has been booted for the first time you either need to wipe data or manually delete /data/system/users/0/runtime-permissions.xml and reboot. Without this Gapps will crash constantly. This is due to the new permissions-system in M.

Installation:

GSM users:
    These versions (both unofficial and official) automatically switch to GSM/UMTS without installing additional patches.

Source / Repositories:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 13.0 on Motorola Droid4, ROM for the Motorola Droid 4

Contributors
    stargo, Hashcode, Dhacker29
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2017-03-25

Created 2015-12-14
    Last Updated 2017-04-05
    Hi,

Starting tomorrow, the official nightlies will be CM13: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/129192/

Cheers,
    Michael
    Hi,

Come to think about block devices, could we make unused ones, namely cdrom, preinstall and webtop, appear as USB device to enable Marshmallow to adopt it as an internal storage? @stargo ? That would be a dream workaround for the locked partitioning of the internal storage for me :)

Looking at the code it seems it always wants to actually partition the device (because it needs two partitions) which would corrupt the internal MMC, so I don't think this is going to work :(
    I'm also not sure if I can at least add additional partitions as internal "portable" storage, as only one would get the flags needed to be seen by Android (that's exactly the flag that was missing in the 12-24 build).

Apart from that, adopting doesn't work on the devices at all currently :(

I've spent the day searching for patches from the stable linux-tree and the omapzoom kernel to at least stop it from crashing when trying to get adoptable storage up and running, but now it fails at fsck (after successfully partitioning, encrypting and formatting). I can manually mount the crypto container without a problem, so this should be solvable.

On the bright side this might have improved SD performance and fixed an SD deadlock or two.

I was also shown another bug on the 32C3: Camera currently crops images but the preview shows the full frame.

I'll make a new build if any of the bugs is fixed.

Cheers,
    Michael
    Good news everyone!

The LineageOS build-system was finally able to produce a working build for the Droid 4 :)

You can find the official build here: https://download.lineageos.org/maserati

When migrating from CM (official and unofficial) or Lineage unofficial, flash this first and then directly flash the new image without rebooting.

This build does not include su by default. To get su back, just flash the su (arm) 13.0 addon. The official su-addon does not work on Omap4, you can find a working one at: http://droid.cs.fau.de/lineage-13.0/addonsu/

Cheers,
    Michael
    Hi,

Yes, I know (but always try to forget it). This is because the binary blob from Motorola no longer works and the phone is now using an open source implementation for accelerometer, orientation and compass.

Unexpected things might happen ;)
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/129445/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/129499/
    https://github.com/TheMuppets/propr...mmit/2726b00f295736b9f832d37aac12e927f673bf51

Cheers,
    Michael