Solution for connect gear 2 neo to any phone!!

Search This thread

joebuttons1

Feb 15, 2011
got a Samsung J3 Luna pro(SM-S327VL) the other day, cant connect gear 2 neo to it, it will pair Bluetooth, but when you start to connect through gear manager you get a "check if phone is compatible or if gear manager needs to be updated" or "failure to download"

germanchoop

Sep 12, 2013
got a Samsung J3 Luna pro(SM-S327VL) the other day, cant connect gear 2 neo to it, it will pair Bluetooth, but when you start to connect through gear manager you get a "check if phone is compatible or if gear manager needs to be updated" or "failure to download"

Solution: Download a old Android Wear, the lastest version wont work.

joebuttons1

Feb 15, 2011
Yeah I just flashed android wear to solve my problem, I held off as long as I could cause I know the difference in OS. I might have compatibility that teizen didn't have, but now I have the battery drain that comes with wear.

MacGyver_MZG

May 31, 2018
Merzig
Please comment if you can't connect gear 2 neo to phone any thanks!!

First of all, please excuse my English...

I want to connect my Gear2 Neo to my "Huawei P20 lite" (Android 8 not rooted). Unfortunately, on my search in Google I only found very old instructions, which didn't work for me. I suspect it is because these instructions use an older Android version and the apps included do not work on my device. Unfortunately, I haven't taken care of such things at all in the last few years, but I can still remember that the XDA developers always had a solution for almost everything.

Can you help me out here?

TacoNikky

Dec 12, 2013
Istanbul
First of all, please excuse my English...

I want to connect my Gear2 Neo to my "Huawei P20 lite" (Android 8 not rooted). Unfortunately, on my search in Google I only found very old instructions, which didn't work for me. I suspect it is because these instructions use an older Android version and the apps included do not work on my device. Unfortunately, I haven't taken care of such things at all in the last few years, but I can still remember that the XDA developers always had a solution for almost everything.

Can you help me out here?

While Tizen is on your watch it is not possible to pair it. You should install android wear to your watch, then you will be able to pair it with your Huawei phone.

miopedaspunk

Jun 19, 2018
While Tizen is on your watch it is not possible to pair it. You should install android wear to your watch, then you will be able to pair it with your Huawei phone.

I do have WearOS by Google on my Moto G6 Plus and can't connect, I had done almost everything that was recommended but nothing any tips on this one? (Old phone died on me Moto G4 Play and it worked flawlessly)

It has the Android OS 6.0.1 and wear version is 1.5.0.2884951 if that can help you guys at all.

Cheers

slimbudy

Nov 27, 2018
Almost same problem here. Have Gear 2 with the latest software on it(the BOA). It won't pair neither with Samsung or other manufacturer. The only time that pairs is when i've tryed with an older version of android wear on my sony z1 but when showing the updating message, it freezes like that. Pls help people!

barrnunn

Jun 9, 2008
Hey, I just got an LG Stylo 3 and cant get my gear 2 neo to connect. I can connect via phone bluetooth, but wear cant find phone and the when I try to connect from the watch the watch wont find the phone. I can answer calls through the watch only. I have the old patch for gear version 2.1.14052101. Any help is appreciated.

mcclellandk

Jan 12, 2013
Any backdoors to get this smart watch to work with newer Samsung phones yet? Or a way to use an older Samsung gear on newer Samsung's without being forced to update? Have a note 9 I want to use this watch with but thus far no luck

newtoallthis101

Mar 16, 2019
i have a Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra

i have no idea how to use my Samsung Gear 2 Neo with my Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra,can anyone help me

i have no idea how to use my Samsung Gear 2 Neo with my Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra,can anyone help me

Yeah, there is an old version of Android Wear that works with the Gear 2 Neo. I installed it twice this week. A lot of stuff works, some doesn't.
Some big stuff that works:
• Google Fit App
• Heartbeat
• Pedometer
• Google Authentication
• media controls (I've used Spotify, TuneIn, Google Music), volume control
• notifications, app options (example, delete an email)
• speaker (tested with Google Music → Play on Wear → Sync)

You'll need Samsung Odin, just search and download from whichever site.
I rooted before installing AW. Not sure if I needed to do that but it took 2 minutes.
Go to watch settings and see if you have firmware ending in NE5. If you have any other version, you need a stock NE5 firmware. One of mine had NE5 and one did not. If you have trouble finding a copy that isn't behind a paywall or something else stupid, just send me a message and I'll upload it to Google Drive (I can't post links yet).
Once you have stock NE5 firmware flashed to the device, download the file "R381XXU0BNE5rootfs_root.tar" from this thread and flash it also - https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2773803
Then download the Android Wear file from this post and flash it last - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73542831&postcount=4
The watch will boot into a menu. Select "reboot" and then "system". Give it a few minutes and you should be good to go.

For each file you need to install (stock NE5, root, AW 1.5), follow these steps.
Flashing firmware with Odin:
1. Connect the device to your PC and open Odin.
2. Hold down the button until the watch restarts (the menu will appear, don't select reboot just keep holding the button).
3. When the logo appears, tap the button 5 times.
4. Tap the button once to select "download" and long press the button. The device should be in "download mode".
5. In Odin, click "AP" and select the firmware file.
6. Verify the default options "auto reboot" and "f. reset time" are enabled. Press start.

Last edited:

pizza_pablo

Dec 6, 2013
PNW
You can not ;) (or flash with an old Android Wear version, not easy and not really good)
I disagree. Biktor's AW ROM worked great on my Neo, for years. I had the best luck using the Beta 3 version.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Any backdoors to get this smart watch to work with newer Samsung phones yet? Or a way to use an older Samsung gear on newer Samsung's without being forced to update? Have a note 9 I want to use this watch with but thus far no luck
I reverted my Neo to Tizen from AW, last night and paired it with my Verizon branded, Snapdragon Note 9. No pairing issues. I used the same Samsung Wearable app that I used to pair the Fit2 Pro, Sport and S3. It's seriously old school, compared to the Gear Sport or Gear S3, but works fine.

d.dipto89

Nov 27, 2016
Can not connect gear 2 neo to huawei p30 android 9.
Even i flash with custom android rom in my gear but no luck can not detect gear on my p30.
Any expert here who can do it..

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

kcallis

Dec 18, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I just dug out my Neo, and I was all set to enjoying my watch until I ran across Google Wear. I am running on a Nexus 6p and Android Gear worked just fine. Not so much with Google Wear. So where can I find a apk that will put me back to being able to make use of the Neo. Not ready to invest in a new watch, and Tizen is not feasible since I am not playing with a Sumsung phone.

sxynrd34

Nov 14, 2016
I have a gear 2 neo running Android wear 1.5.0.2884951 and Google play services 8.7.01. It connects nicely for notifications and Spotify/media controls for my LG v40.

Unfortunately only one phone app was able to push it's extension app over to the watch. I have been trying to adb sideload (install not push) some older APK files, that appear to complete 100%, but never showup on the watch.

Any ideas?

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I disagree. Biktor's AW ROM worked great on my Neo, for years. I had the best luck using the Beta 3 version.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I reverted my Neo to Tizen from AW, last night and paired it with my Verizon branded, Snapdragon Note 9. No pairing issues. I used the same Samsung Wearable app that I used to pair the Fit2 Pro, Sport and S3. It's seriously old school, compared to the Gear Sport or Gear S3, but works fine.

do you have the apk for it or even the version please?

EDIT: DW i just noticed it's a note, i have the new 1+8pro

Last edited:

pizza_pablo

Dec 6, 2013
PNW