Adobe Flash - 4.1 Jelly Bean

Search This thread

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
So as we are all aware Adobe said they wouldn't support flash in Jelly Bean, as stated here - http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/375574/adobe-kills-off-flash-for-android

Of course on the Jelly Bean ROM I'm running flash doesn't appear in the market, but when I installed the apk, flash worked perfectly on a number of websites.

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone knew the reason as to why it still works?! This is not a huge update to ICS so may be due to that but I was just being interested and wondering. Anyone have any insight?

Cheers guys.

EDIT: I have attached the adobe flash apk, the latest one. Install it on your device manually if you're running jelly bean and flash should work. Although I think we have established it will only work in the default android browser

Attachments

• com.adobe.flashplayer-2.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 340,477
Last edited:

tdarren

Dec 28, 2011
Basically the apk is the android software, the Google Play store filters out Adobe flash because you are running Android 4.1 jelly bean which explains why you cannot find it in the Google Play store.

When you install the apk, it will still work because Adobe have only stopped support for it, they haven't disabled it or blocked it. The term 'support it' means to give the product updates and provide help for users. Adobe are no longer providing updates (apart from security updates) and help to users for Adobe flash on android.

Sent from my Full Android on Wingray using xda premium

Chaosgod27

Jan 4, 2011
Perth
Hmm, can someone share the adobe flash apk to me? Or better a place that gives updates to it? Lol Thanks

Sk8er Boi

Feb 11, 2005
Alexandria
So as we are all aware Adobe said they wouldn't support flash in Jelly Bean, as stated here - http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/375574/adobe-kills-off-flash-for-android

Of course on the Jelly Bean ROM I'm running flash doesn't appear in the market, but when I installed the apk, flash worked perfectly on a number of websites.

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone knew the reason as to why it still works?! This is not a huge update to ICS so may be due to that but I was just being interested and wondering. Anyone have any insight?

Cheers guys.

witch browsers did you test ?

Neolo

Jan 19, 2010
Doesn't work with just apk installed for me. Tested in Google Chrome, Opera.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app

adz63

Aug 11, 2010
London/Surrey
I tried the apk. In 1st post I still get messages telling me to install a flashplayer . Any ideas

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda app-developers app

sdthelord

Jun 15, 2012
I'm not sure exactly which of the linked apk's I installed, but Flash is running fine in Stock Browser.
I never got flash in Firefox and didn't try any other browsers.

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
I tried the apk. In 1st post I still get messages telling me to install a flashplayer . Any ideas

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda app-developers app

Use the stock browser. If you're using any other browser it may/may not work/may work slightly. But the apk in the OP is pulled from my motorola xoom and i have it installed and it was working on youtube and various other flash sites through the stock browser.

rlmesq

May 13, 2011
Dolphin HD browser won't load flash (and has a nasty nag screen if you try to enable it).

Many thanks for the information from here and other sources, as a result of which I've managed to get Flash sites working on the Nexus 7. In case it helps the non-technical, I've blogged full step by step instructions with screenshots on how to install Flash on the Nexus 7 and set up browsers (with link back to this thread), at my blog at consumingexperience.com (sorry, I'm new here so can't post a working link direct to the post).

I've tested several browsers and listed the results and browser settings in that post. Mainly I've tried them on UK TV catchup sites ie BBC iPlayer, 4od, Demand Five, ITV Player.

In summary, generally on the Nexus 7 I found Firefox Aurora (with the Phony add-on) and XScope to be the most reliable so far. An older version of Dolphin does work, but not as well. I couldn't get either Opera Mobile or Opera Mini to work.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

thefatalepic

Dec 1, 2010
Los Angeles
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thank you so much for this! I had another apk that everyone claimed was working fine but I have the CM10 preview build for Verizon Galaxy Nexus and couldn't play any videos until I tried your apk.

balek

Mar 19, 2008
Hi,
flash Apk ok with default browser. It seems to slowdown the browser.
Not working with chrome.
I am running eos jb...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cheers guys.

EDIT: I have attached the adobe flash apk, the latest one. Install it on your device manually if you're running jelly bean and flash should work. Although I think we have established it will only work in the default android browser
    I've added the latest adobe flash apk to the OP so people running jelly bean can get hold of it more easily
    Hmm, can someone share the adobe flash apk to me? Or better a place that gives updates to it? Lol Thanks

Here
    http://www.apktops.com/adobe-flash-player-11-1-111-10-android-4-x.html

You can install it but I dont think it works
    EDIT This version is OK with 4.1
    They've only stopped support, doesn't mean that it won't work but if it doesn't on certain devices then they won't fix it or support it, because it's not a massive update there's a very good chance that it will work.
    Ok what do you guys mean when you say default browser, mine only came with Chrome... Am I missing something or are you guys on a non-stock rom?

Everyone has a default browser that is not Chrome... with the exception of your device in which the default browser *is* Chrome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app