System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone

Search This thread

morbeious

Mar 12, 2009
Gang,

I rooted the phone, but I thought I unlocked the bootloader, but apparently it didn't work, when I boot the phone I get the error with a Yellow Triangle! -“System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off phone and go to the nearest Verison Wireless Store for Help.

I've tried going into ODIN, with Down/Home and Power, but the phone only vibrates, when I press up, with blank screen.. If I wait for the "“System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off phone and go to the nearest Verison Wireless Store for Help." It just sits there no change..

Is there any other way to unbrick the phone, did something change? I've done this to many other S3's but this one is giving me the flucks..

in the top left hand corner with verizon message is error in red: Secure Fail: Kernal

Last edited:

Lehocki

May 21, 2012
Toronto
You softbricked. Odin back to the vzw. Then root again and unlock bootloader this time

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

DubleJayJ

Jan 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Oh god, I got this message when I first did my phone. Literally had it for 10 minutes and just about died. Pull your battery, it'll boot into system. Then there's an app called EZ-Unlock. Use that and you'll be good.

kmsck5

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisburg,PA
Oh god, I got this message when I first did my phone. Literally had it for 10 minutes and just about died. Pull your battery, it'll boot into system. Then there's an app called EZ-Unlock. Use that and you'll be good.

Thats what I had done too while rooting my phone. EZ-Unlock fixed the the yellow triangle and unlocked my bootloader. No worries don't panic you just need to unlock your bootloader

Thats the issue I can't get odin working,

Are you using a usb 3.0 port on your computer? Odin only works like 10% when I use a 3.0 port. Otherwise I would just try redownloading odin and right click on it and run as administrator.

Idk which method you used to root and unlock your bootloader but this always works for http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2332825 I only use odin for flashing back to stock, I've had occasional fails when rooting or unlocking the bootloader.

But you only soft bricked your phone so it's fixable. Verizon just puts that's message there to scare people so you have to go in, be told your warranty is void and have to buy a new phone.

morbeious

Mar 12, 2009
I will try a 2.0 usb, but are you daying the device should be found via odin even if the up/done home key combonation doesn't work?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jager420

Aug 25, 2010
San Fernando Valley
Does anyone have a link to a stock odin. There is a sticky under development section and when I flash the Odin file I still have root. Im hvaing issues with the same message and I've tried unlocking bootloader. When I odin using the .tar file the rom still has superuser on it. Am ibdoing somethinh wrong? Im looking forba stock odin with no superuser or anything so I can flash custom ROMS again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app