Entire usb_composite folder gone can't go stock

Search This thread

firejerm

Jun 25, 2013
I bought this verizon DNA from craigslist 4 days ago. The guy says its unlocked for anycarrier. skeptical i checked the prl file and its the stock Verizon prl. I have been wanting to flash it to cricket, but I can't get diag mode or adb mode.
The entire folder "usb_composite" is missing.
So using Gscript with "echo 1> sys/devices/virtual/usb_composite/diag enable" don't work.
The weird part is I see a diag folder @ "sys/devices/virtual/diag" but no enable script. I've not been able to Flash any roms to the thing at all except the dang beanstalk rom that is on it. All I can do is float around beanstalk.

bootloader screen reads:
**Unlocked**
MONARUDO PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
VID-VZW-001
HBOOT-1.54.0000
RADIO-1.01.04.0308
OpenDSP-v6.120.274.01114
OS-
eMMC-BOOT 2048MB

Its running Beanstalk 4.4015-20131204-dlx.

It came with CM v6.0.4.6 recovery.

I have wiped, formatted, Tried to flash stock Hboot, recovery, rom, Ruu. Yes I tried Locking the bootloader per revert to stock instructions. I have tried both recovery and fastboot and even Ruu mode. Nothing.
Speaking of Ruu...Whenever I try to follow those instructions, the Ruu.exe tells me to turn the phone on and connect to adb, but the adb folder is missing from the phone. This thing is just junk for me unless i can get diag mode on the phone. Yes i do have all the needed drivers.

Halp!...please?

thayl0

May 26, 2013
Can't you just flash a Rom that supports gsm network and your done? I'm not really sure what your trying to get done.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
I bought this verizon DNA from craigslist 4 days ago. The guy says its unlocked for anycarrier. skeptical i checked the prl file and its the stock Verizon prl. I have been wanting to flash it to cricket, but I can't get diag mode or adb mode.
The entire folder "usb_composite" is missing.
So using Gscript with "echo 1> sys/devices/virtual/usb_composite/diag enable" don't work.
The weird part is I see a diag folder @ "sys/devices/virtual/diag" but no enable script. I've not been able to Flash any roms to the thing at all except the dang beanstalk rom that is on it. All I can do is float around beanstalk.

bootloader screen reads:
**Unlocked**
MONARUDO PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
VID-VZW-001
HBOOT-1.54.0000
RADIO-1.01.04.0308
OpenDSP-v6.120.274.01114
OS-
eMMC-BOOT 2048MB

Its running Beanstalk 4.4015-20131204-dlx.

It came with CM v6.0.4.6 recovery.

I have wiped, formatted, Tried to flash stock Hboot, recovery, rom, Ruu. Yes I tried Locking the bootloader per revert to stock instructions. I have tried both recovery and fastboot and even Ruu mode. Nothing.
Speaking of Ruu...Whenever I try to follow those instructions, the Ruu.exe tells me to turn the phone on and connect to adb, but the adb folder is missing from the phone. This thing is just junk for me unless i can get diag mode on the phone. Yes i do have all the needed drivers.

Halp!...please?

You probably need to be on a Stock Sense DNA Verizon ROM for that to be there.

Ok... pause... deep breath... everything will be ok... make sure you have adb installed and working properly and then continue with this post.

I posted two options to either Return to Factory Stock (Stock Rom, Stock Recovery)
or the Second option will unlock the bootloader so you can flash to a different ROM

You do NOT need to do both, but I suggest reading both and see which one you would prefer.

Both of these Options will wipe the device Clean including the sdcard.

Code:
OPTION 1

[Collection] HTC Droid DNA Firmware [RADIO][HBOOT][RUU]

Click that link, it will take you to my thread, go to the bottom of the OP and open the RUU Links section, go past the two RUU.exe files and there will be a little tutorial to return the device back to Stock

After you do this, you will need to download a new Custom Recovery (I recommend TWRP which can be found here: TWRP 2.6.3.0)
To flash this boot into bootloader again and enter this adb command
Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery_.img
***Replace "name_of_recovery_.img" with whatever the name of that recovery is called.

========================================================================================================
Code:
OPTION 2

boot into bootloader and do this:

(There need to be eight 2's in this command when you type it in)
Code:
fastboot oem writecid 22222222
Go to www.htcdev.com and follow the "Unlock Bootloader" instructions, when you go to select the device you will pick "All other supported models"

HTC will give you a file called "Unlock_code.bin" You will use that to unlock your bootloader.

Now you can flash ROM's and whatever else you want to.

Last edited:

firejerm

Jun 25, 2013
Can't you just flash a Rom that supports gsm network and your done? I'm not really sure what your trying to get done.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It's cdma not gsm. And I just said I have tried flashing roms. The only rom it will take is the stupid beanstalk that's already on it.

I would like to go back to Full Factory Stock. As it was when it was new.

Or if anyone knows how to get the folder back in place that would be helpful as well.

I know how to flash phones to cricket,sprint,ect...
I know how to flash Roms, Hboot, Recovery. I have and a Ruu on my HTC One.
This retarded phone won't do either.

firejerm

Jun 25, 2013
You probably need to be on a Stock Sense DNA Verizon ROM for that to be there.

make sure you have adb installed and working properly and then continue with this post.

[/hide]

Yeah that one one of my issues. The entire usb_composite is gone, taking adb with it. Only usb related things i can do is charge and transfer files through mtp. Thanks though.

I have used fastboot oem rebootRUU

Ruu.exe runs, go through a while but says it can't be updated and i have the wrong version.
Then the phone goes blank when i unplug it. Totally unresponsive.
Had to wait an hour for the battery to die completly, then 10min to charge long enough to boot back into recovery and flash the only stupid rom it works with. freakin beanstalk 4.4.

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Yeah that one one of my issues. The entire usb_composite is gone, taking adb with it. Only usb related things i can do is charge and transfer files through mtp. Thanks though.

I have used fastboot oem rebootRUU

Ruu.exe runs, go through a while but says it can't be updated and i have the wrong version.
Then the phone goes blank when i unplug it. Totally unresponsive.
Had to wait an hour for the battery to die completly, then 10min to charge long enough to boot back into recovery and flash the only stupid rom it works with. freakin beanstalk 4.4.

Holding down the power button will cause the phone to shut down after like 15-30 seconds

And I didn't say to run the RUU.exe I said skip past those and go to the 3 files below and run those with the instructions posted

firejerm

Jun 25, 2013
Holding down the power button will cause the phone to shut down after like 15-30 seconds

And I didn't say to run the RUU.exe I said skip past those and go to the 3 files below and run those with the instructions posted

Thanks Dude! Worked awesomely. Mistaken when you said adb had to work first. The adb files were missing so i didn't bother to read it.lol.

I love you. no homo.