[App] [4.28.09-Update 23]M2D - NEW manila 2d build 1.20.19131530.00 NOW UP

Search This thread

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
Everywhere a htc phone is located
THIS IS STILL BETA VERSION AND IT IS WORLD WIDE ENGLISH (0409) SO HEADS UP.

KNOWN QUICK FIXES ARE IN POST 2

IF YOU USE THESE BETA FILES EXPECT TO DO HARD RESETS EACH TIME A NEW UPDATE COMES OUT

[4-23-09 Update 23]New version manila 2d build 1.20.19131530.00

here is the download for the new m2d files from the jade rom

THANKS GOES OUT TO CRACING AND Zecanilis for their efforts of giving me the newest updates to keep this thread going so thanks to you both for the help.

DOWNLOAD HERE

[1.31.09-UPDATE 22]New - IOLITE VERSION READY

I was able to get it to work thanks to the help of XPLODE so thanks XPLODE. DOWNLOAD FROM HERE

From what I was informed :
m2d version: 1.0.1911.1733
new tab called footprints

here is a pic i was given:

pccapture5bb0.png

[11.06.08-Update 21]New - ELFIN Version
this download is only the manila2d file only. The other files you should have already from other downloads. this is an older manila 2d update version. the most current build is in version 20. The elfin build is found here.

N2A WEATHER patch for version 21 found here:http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2923387&postcount=5145

[11.3.08-Update 20] M2D Build 1.0.18203328 - Jade (TOUCH 3G Version)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2860699&postcount=4764

N2A Weather patch for version 20 found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2881525&postcount=4986

ANY PHONE THAT HAS CUBE BY DEFAULT (NIKI, POLARIS, TOUCH) READ THIS BEFORE INSTALLING VERSION 20:http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2864460&postcount=4836

HOTFIX for Battery Meter in version 20 of m2d found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2865086&postcount=4844

[10.12.08-UPDATE 19]ALL DEVICES INCLUDED NOW - Opal (Touch VIVA Version)
FOUND HERE

UPDATE 18 WAS REMOVED DUE TO MANY PROBLEMS FROM IT

[UPDATE 17]M2D 0.10 Files
RAPIDSHARE

[UPDATE 16] September 26, 2008
MEGAUPLOAD RAPIDSHARE

[UPDATE 15] September 22, 2008
RAPIDSHARE
MEGAUPLOAD

[UPDATE 14] September 20, 2008
MEGAUPLOAD

Last edited:

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
QUICK FIXES LIST

Weather Problems look at the 2 links for help:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2638970&postcount=1089
Weather Fix #1 Link

WiFi NOT working look at this link for fix:
WiFi Link Here

Want a different skin for 2d manila follow this link:
Skin Thread

Want to know how to edit XML Files follow this link:
EDIT XML FILES LINK

Have questions about using Opera 9.5.1957 only look here:
Opera 9.5.1957 Link

Not able to see Album Art Work click this link:
Album Art Fix

Opal Large Title Bar pointing to wrong item when clicked go here:
Opal Large Title Bar Fix

Does TomTom Work:
At this time only TomTom 7 works (but I can't confirm that since I don't use tomtom in the usa)

Want to remove say audio manager tab or remove album tab look here:
Manilla 2D Customizer

Want to edit the Internet Widget look here:
Edit Internet Tab Section

Update HTC Home before install of 2d manila to improve over all 2d manila fuctions download here:
SCHEN HTC HOME 2.1.1005.722 CAB

To launch another PIM from TouchFlo 2d from the home tab:
Launch Another PIM from 2D Manila

Additional help found here thanks to jeiyuu
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2691419&postcount=2741

BACKLIGHT FIX LOOK HERE: xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2928782&postcount=5171"

Last edited:

ericmcintire

Jul 13, 2006
Some observations....

it SEEMS that although the images have been changed from VGA to QVGA... the actual size of the links remains the same, so pressing anywhere on the screen opens the calendar application. (manila.m9 seems to have the code we need to change, but it's over my head..)

libgls_cm.dll seems to have a big affect on framerate (different versions drop and raise FPS signifigantly)

these couple of issues are what should probabally be fixed first... good luck all!

Mirror: http://clutch-productions.com/herg62123_ericmcintire_nothrills_qvga_manila.cab

Last edited:

xplode

Dec 9, 2005
Nesebar
still crashes a lot but it has good improvement, why dont you try the libgles_cm.dll from Diamond rom?

gullum

Mar 22, 2007
no where as bad as before.

it is still being worked on for improvements.

we wanted to let people see what we have done.....but still needs more work

this is cool guys and shure you will make it work fully I rememberd when the htc home plug and cube first came we also had this slowdown problems but they got solwed after some time and are now just as fast on older devices as newer once so I beleive in you :D

davidebeatrice

Jun 28, 2007
First of all. thx for your work.
my English is not so good, so i hope nobody take offense.

my impressions are that this cab is a backward step in comparison to the last release by Herg, cause this one is based on manila beta, instead of manila oem package.
this last qvga version works on my tytn II as was working the first beta posted in "did you configured..." thread with patched images and .m9 files. so fps 3.89 and 45mb ram.
the vga version that was posted by herg based on package was working; not in qvga, sure, but all the tabs was working perflectly although slow.

by the way i would not be able to made the work you are doing, so thx!

i repeat, i hope nobody take offense for this post and my opinion.

Last edited:

opgadgets

May 23, 2008
well, it's definitely an improvement. The only questions I have is if you can take off the text that says "HTC Home is running." and the FPS and Available RAM?

nsa666

Jan 16, 2008
You have used files from my(very old) beta to make that version(search for NSA666 in file Manila\HTC\Home.m9), that version was not complete.;) you must also edit the scripts to make the controls work.

wmvfan

Nov 15, 2007
wow, great work !
looking forward to your next release.
hope you get controls work soon.

davidebeatrice

Jun 28, 2007
someone know where are the manila images in the diamond? i.e. in winodws directory or another one?
thx!

esny23

Apr 9, 2007
Impressive; i was waiting for someone to finally crack Manila; its a bit buggy but of coarse you know this already; and all the icons on the bottom open up the calender. Can't wait for the 2nd edition; and can't wait till someone cracks the Raphael UI.

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
this is cool guys and shure you will make it work fully I rememberd when the htc home plug and cube first came we also had this slowdown problems but they got solwed after some time and are now just as fast on older devices as newer once so I beleive in you :D

thanks gullum....thank you for the kind thoughts.

it make take sometime but it will be working like original htc home.

vj4

Apr 10, 2007
Hey nice job sorta im getting 2.8-3.2 fps acording to the little box that came was on my screen. plus when ever i pressed a button i got contacts or calander loading. just so u know.

ericmcintire

Jul 13, 2006
I found this on my PC from a very old version I was messing with... but if you replace your home.m9 with this one, the bar becomes useable.... it also messes up some of the graphics but it's a start... someone with even a little bit of programing knowledge might be able to work it out in notepad, I just can't right this second.... good luck!

http://www.clutch-productions.com/Home.zip

Last edited:

ericmcintire

Jul 13, 2006
well, it's definitely an improvement. The only questions I have is if you can take off the text that says "HTC Home is running." and the FPS and Available RAM?

the top text that says Home is running can be removed by going to calander and then clicking back to get back to the home screen (or if you have task manager installled at the top just click it twice)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first, thats awesome MUI. but can I display my next appointments on home menu? I see picture on skin threat, several of them can display the appointment... I have a lot of appoinment list but on home menu only displaying a text "Calender". thanks

I guess it only shows the next appointment of the current day. At least that what it does here.
    Is landscape even a possiblity with this?
    I HAVE NOT HEX EDITED THESE FILES FOR NON HTC AND OLDER HTC DEVICES YET

STILL USING EXPLODES CAB

HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S

JOHNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

NO YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET (VERSION 19a)
    RAPIDSHARE........................MEGAUPLOAD

WITH YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET (VERSION 19b)
    RAPIDSHARE.........................MEGAUPLOAD

ALL DEVICES (VERSION 19b) WITH YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET
    RAPIDSHARE.........................MEGAUPLOAD

again i have a tilt aka kaiser and it works perfectly on mine.

hope this helps out with this new update

by the way here is some basic opal cabs i found and fixed or made and fixed the errors.

***opal commanager is made by greatbal and fixed by herg62123***