Preorder thread htc u12+

Search This thread

OGhoul

Apr 17, 2013
Pittsburgh
NOW I'm PISSED!!! We ordered on the first day of pre-orders and we're getting screwed??? Makes me what to abandon HTC...

Am I missing something? I literally ordered two weeks after you, and my status hasn’t changed since the day of my order. I only this evening set up my access to the financing website.

Do I want my phone? Sure. But there’s a pile of people before me, including you.

shango22

Jun 16, 2013
Add me to the cancelled status group. How do you login to see your finiancing account?

holz75

Apr 18, 2012
LA, CA
Amazon now says Currently Unavailable. Looks like they sold out of their stock! I wonder how long it will take to get more?

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro
So basically beside Germany there have been nothing further in the EU but the US seems to be rolling out. :( I know it is still in line with what they said and the confimration mail said it's just that it rolled out in Germany but no where else in the EU gaaah!

To have a positive spin on it maybe it means we will get phones thats had rigorous QC on them.

mouzaihem

Jan 15, 2008
Detroit
Looks my order is definitely cancelled. Pending charge is gone with HTC financing today. Very frustrating.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

k_l_o

Jun 16, 2016
NYC
Looks my order is definitely cancelled. Pending charge is gone with HTC financing today. Very frustrating.

First thing I checked this morning. Same, "Pending" disappeared...:crying::mad:

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Am I missing something? I literally ordered two weeks after you, and my status hasn’t changed since the day of my order. I only this evening set up my access to the financing website.

Do I want my phone? Sure. But there’s a pile of people before me, including you.

I don't have an answer and, apparently, neither does HTC... This is pathetic and embarrassing for them... The people that pre-order obviously were fans, but this is finally going to push some more people away when HTC needs as many buyers as possible.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

---Cancelled Group---

What are you going to do? Re-Order? Amazon? Abandon Ship?

I'll be calling HTC this morning and see if they have a resolution. I might order from Amazon if HTC drops the ball. If I didn't need to replace my HTC 10 so bad, I might've waited for the Samsung S10 and finally abandon HTC. I"m so pissed, right now...

mouzaihem

Jan 15, 2008
Detroit
First thing I checked this morning. Same, "Pending" disappeared...:crying::mad:

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

I don't have an answer and, apparently, neither does HTC... This is pathetic and embarrassing for them... The people that pre-order obviously were fans, but this is finally going to push some more people away when HTC needs as many buyers as possible.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

---Cancelled Group---

What are you going to do? Re-Order? Amazon? Abandon Ship?

I'll be calling HTC this morning and see if they have a resolution. I might order from Amazon if HTC drops the ball. If I didn't need to replace my HTC 10 so bad, I might've waited for the Samsung S10 and finally abandon HTC. I"m so pissed, right now...
I have a long day today, so will think about it later. Do update us on whether customer support helps out. I'll likely put in another pre-order because I prefer to finance my phones, but I might just buy it off Amazon because at least they'll both:

1. Actually ship it when you make an order with them

2. Probably offer an expected date of delivery vs "July 2018" on HTC site right now.

HTC should give us a discount for this if we reorder with them. Been using their devices since the cingular 8125 days, wish they didn't give up on the US so badly. And botch these launches since the M7/M8 days. M10 was okay too. I also had no problems last year with the U11, but I know some others did

So basically beside Germany there have been nothing further in the EU but the US seems to be rolling out. :( I know it is still in line with what they said and the confimration mail said it's just that it rolled out in Germany but no where else in the EU gaaah!

To have a positive spin on it maybe it means we will get phones thats had rigorous QC on them.

I think they all ship from Germany as well so no idea.
Still for pre-order on the HTC site, despite being available from many retailers.

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro
I think they all ship from Germany as well so no idea.
Still for pre-order on the HTC site, despite being available from many retailers.

Ahh yes maybe you are right, I'm not sure why I was thinking that Digital River was distributing from Ireland.

That is one of the most annoying part that you can get the phone faster from retailers than doing a pre order directly from HTC that is now coming up for a month 23rd of May.

shango22

Jun 16, 2013
This is very frustrating as one of the cancelled preorders. I agree please continue to share updates as you get them. I'm going to wait and see what happens but its somewhat reassuring to see this isn't an isolated occurrence but rather a wider problem that an actual resolution may occur

shango22

Jun 16, 2013
Update on pre-order cancellation

So, I called htc first thing this am as I'm on Eastern time. The rep was very nice explained that THEY ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM. However he said that they don't have a solution yet. He said they are waiting on a corporate HTC to make a solution. He said you have two options
1. Reorder and expect delivery 2-3 days later than not reordering. He said expect delivery in July but I emphasize they don't know yet
2. Call support give them your order number and wait for corporate to figure out what they are going to do if they can do anything. He recommended doing this.
He said that it's an issue between there system and TD Bank system that only affects those orders.

I'm thinking they'll throw something in for this issue.

Last edited:

k_l_o

Jun 16, 2016
NYC
***Cancelled Group***

Latest Update:
Called HTC and, if he was to be believed, "Corporate" will try to insert us, those who called, into the front of the line. Should hear back from them in 24-48hrs. Gave them a piece of our minds - True fans that pre-ordered on first day, HTC brand is losing supporters, not the best way to treat these "fans." Warned him for a day of calls from irate "supporters." Rep's name was Santiago.

So CALL them to give them your order numbers! Good luck...

Last edited:

bennyrodz

Jun 21, 2018
Anybody on the Amazon side of things get a shipment notification this morning at all?

I didnt get any notification whatso ever. I even called them after it became unavailable, and he states he doesnt even know when theyll be in stock, that it may be until after July. I was completely shocked and i do not know what to believe, i even went as far as to make an additional order with HTC today. What in the world is happening? So frustrating.

bennyrodz

Jun 21, 2018
Mine was delivered about an hour ago. U.S purchased from htc directly for full amount. 128g blue model

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

So jealous. I actually ordered it on HTC the very first date, but the HTC rep a few days later claimed that amazon should get it faster so he suggested i switch my orders. I would have had it today too had the rep not told me that :(

Reactions: OGhoul

holz75

Apr 18, 2012
LA, CA
I didnt get any notification whatso ever. I even called them after it became unavailable, and he states he doesnt even know when theyll be in stock, that it may be until after July. I was completely shocked and i do not know what to believe, i even went as far as to make an additional order with HTC today. What in the world is happening? So frustrating.

I know it's hard to trust anything the Amazon customer service people say, but the one I just spoke to said the phone was never in stock to begin with! No idea why they'd say it would be released on June 21.

bennyrodz

Jun 21, 2018
I know it's hard to trust anything the Amazon customer service people say, but the one I just spoke to said the phone was never in stock to begin with! No idea why they'd say it would be released on June 21.

That is absurd, Ive never seen amazon royally screw up like this. So incredibly frustrating, especially since i already got the screen protector and case yesterday. This whole preorder has turned into such a nightmare, and like others have mentioned my htc 10 is running on fumes at the moment as well.

Also just yesterday they confirmed the item would be DELIVERED by today.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

NGP Store on amazon is selling it now for only $50 over market value. Im going for it due to all this stress from the cancelled orders and such. Just wanted to throw it out there as well for whoever has a dying htc 10. Currently have 3 orders in place between amazon, this third party, and the htc from today. So if it works out ill send an update next week.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

NGP Store on amazon is selling it now for only $50 over market value. Im going for it due to all this stress from the cancelled orders and such. Just wanted to throw it out there as well for whoever has a dying htc 10. Currently have 3 orders in place between amazon, this third party, and the htc from today. So if it works out ill send an update next week.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No financing option over here unfortunately, really wish there was as the fund hasn't quite covered it yet and I'm not in a position to close the gap...

Waiting patiently but I will be joining you all soon... Exciting stuff!
    Never heard of him. And there's your problem, so there's no thermal issue.

There is no issue with overheating during video recording. I used the U12+ at a wedding yesterday and recorded a TON of video and mine was perfectly fine. That includes 4K and slowmotion video.
    Saw this video about the buttons... kept me from cancelling order..

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=kiFOh_iD21I
    So here's mine. Got it yesterday, bit originally should actually only be ready for pick up on Monday.

But it definitely has to be love if the g-friends picks you up faster work, saying: "Common let's drive to the UPS facility and check if it is already there!"

Sent from my HTC U12+ using XDA Labs
    It would be great if we could get the 10% htc club discount like in other countries. That would make a huge difference. :rolleyes:
    HTC US has to decide to do so. Same applies for the fact, that HTC Germany decided to ship the U12+ with an additional free USB-C-Adapter, if you ordered via HTC Club, as it doesn't come in the box. An idea HTC US seemingly didn't have and/or didn't want to promote.

Sent from my HTC U11 using XDA Labs