Alarm goes of twice at ones

Search This thread

V J

Nov 27, 2006
Hello,

Just recenty, I started having this very odd issue with my tytn. When I set an alarm, it goes of at the specified time, but twice!
So the alarm sound is mixed with itself (second one has a slight delay), and the pop-up box displays "alarm 1/2". I also get the option to "dismiss this alarm" or to "dismiss all". :confused:

The phone is competely unmodded, no software has been added or removed prior to this problem surfacing. A soft reset didn't help...:)

Any suggestions?
(I'm fearing it will be a hard reset :()

Jörg

MikeChannon

Forum Admin
Staff member
Jun 7, 1972
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Hello,

Just recenty, I started having this very odd issue with my tytn. When I set an alarm, it goes of at the specified time, but twice!
So the alarm sound is mixed with itself (second one has a slight delay), and the pop-up box displays "alarm 1/2". I also get the option to "dismiss this alarm" or to "dismiss all". :confused:

The phone is competely unmodded, no software has been added or removed prior to this problem surfacing. A soft reset didn't help...:)

Any suggestions?
(I'm fearing it will be a hard reset :()

Jörg

Get yourself one of the applications that clears duplicate notifications. SKtools is one but there are others.

Also have a look at this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=289333&highlight=duplicate+notifications
Mike

Last edited:

johnny--2k

Jan 14, 2007
V J....mine does the same thing as well.

I have alarms set for Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. It seems in only does the duplicate alarm on certain days (tuesdays so far) and not any of the others.

V J

Nov 27, 2006
Thanks, I'll give it a go (but I did a hard reset yesterday...).

Jörg

anderson a

Jul 25, 2006
V J....mine does the same thing as well.

I have alarms set for Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. It seems in only does the duplicate alarm on certain days (tuesdays so far) and not any of the others.

Because of these bugs and ugly interface I had to search available alarm software solutions. And I found! Novii (www.novii.tv) released WAWA alarm software that lets my handheld turn on my TV to wake me up! TV is not necessary - it can turn on my DVR or Music Center - anything with infrared. Moreover, WAWA has all the functions of an ordinary alarm clock. A low price was a surprise for me ($14.99) I coudn't resist and purchased this app. It's so nice and so useful!