Bluetooth / Alpine KCE-300BT / Headunit

Search This thread

garfield2412

Feb 15, 2008
Göppingen
hello Everybody,

first of all:
no problem with KCE-300BT while a2dp after done the registry fix (Value 60). thanks to this forum!

but now there is one problem:
when i want to update my phone-book after pairing, my radio is always displaying "updating" and no more continue.

do you know, if the kaiser has problems using the bluetooth comunication between the KCE-300BT (or other bluetooth adapters) ?
is there a fix/software for this problem??

ewans

Apr 18, 2007
hello Everybody,

first of all:
no problem with KCE-300BT while a2dp after done the registry fix (Value 60). thanks to this forum!

when i want to update my phone-book after pairing, my radio is always displaying "updating" and no more continue.

do you know, if the kaiser has problems using the bluetooth comunication between the KCE-300BT (or other bluetooth adapters) ?

When they first pair after getting in the car, leave it a few minutes before accessing, this works for me. If I try to access my phonebook straight away I get the same problem.

What headunit do you have?

Shinare

May 18, 2008
hello Everybody,

first of all:

Hi there, I am having a problem with my BT620s and was wondering what you were talking about with the registry fix and would it have to do with the sound cutting in and out periodically? I have searched this forum and have also asked in a new thread but ignored, but I guess I don't know how to search very well. How do you edit the registry?

garfield2412

Feb 15, 2008
Göppingen
Hi there, I am having a problem with my BT620s and was wondering what you were talking about with the registry fix and would it have to do with the sound cutting in and out periodically? I have searched this forum and have also asked in a new thread but ignored, but I guess I don't know how to search very well. How do you edit the registry?

here you are:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=262119

editing the registry with: resco registry explorer

but: my problem with my alpine - didn't solve it.. always displaying "updating"
is there any problem with to many contacts? do i have to wait more than 20 minutes at the first time?
anybody out there with an alpine stereo too??

garfield2412

Feb 15, 2008
Göppingen
here you are:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=262119

editing the registry with: resco registry explorer

but: my problem with my alpine - didn't solve it.. always displaying "updating"
is there any problem with to many contacts? do i have to wait more than 20 minutes at the first time?
anybody out there with an alpine stereo too??

okay.. getting closer to the problem!
--> PBAP Phonebook Access Profile Zugriff auf Telefonbuch (nur lesend)

does anybody know how to enable this on the kaiser?
mybe a soloution here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=377539&page=2 ?

but strange: http://www.htcwiki.com/page/ATT+TILT?t=anon
is displaying that kaiser supports this ? how to activate? or a problem with the KCE-300BT ?

Last edited:

garfield2412

Feb 15, 2008
Göppingen
very strange...
--> got access once!
was able to go in the dial list, recieved calls etc.
exited telephone function and tested it once more: same problem "updating"

no one here with car bluetooth and a kaiser? maybe with an alpine stereo and the kce-300bt ?

ewans

Apr 18, 2007
Dur - you just reminded me that I had installed the jetware extension! Sorry, I could have saved you some time.

Bodacious

Jul 31, 2008
Nacogdoches
Quick id10t question...

Sorry guys but I jumped in this conversation a little late.

I have an HTC 2125, 3125 (WM 5.0), and am contemplating purchasing the Tilt if it would make any difference.

With the registry fix and the Jetware software, will I have full compatibility with the KCE-300BT? Streaming music and all?
(using Alpine CDA-9885 head)

Thanks.

Last edited:

garfield2412

Feb 15, 2008
Göppingen

I have an HTC 2125, 3125 (WM 5.0), and am contemplating purchasing the Tilt if it would make any difference.

With the registry fix and the Jetware software, will I have full compatibility with the KCE-300BT? Streaming music and all?

Thanks.

streaming music --> registry-fix and no more stuttering while playing via a2dp
full access to your phone-book --> install the jetware extension

Luk4S

Mar 17, 2004
Hi people! Sorry if i open this thread again. I've got a P750 (instead of Kaiser). Installed jetware and the first time it worked (synchronizing the phonebook to head unit).

But the second time i tried again and it always tells me "updating". Do I need to do other registry entries together with Jetware to enable phonebook?

garfield2412

Feb 15, 2008
Göppingen
Hi people! Sorry if i open this thread again. I've got a P750 (instead of Kaiser). Installed jetware and the first time it worked (synchronizing the phonebook to head unit).

But the second time i tried again and it always tells me "updating". Do I need to do other registry entries together with Jetware to enable phonebook?

windows mobile 6.0 or 6.1 ?

Luk4S

Mar 17, 2004

g-rig

Oct 2, 2007

Thanks.

Looking at buying the new KCE-350BT which is out now (unfortunately still not properly working with Polaris + WM6.0), just wanted to know do i still need to do this registry fix if i'm running Jetware.

Thanks

g-rig

Oct 2, 2007
Tested the KCE-350BT in store and couldn't get it to work even with JetWare. It did download all the contacts at one point, but stuggles to pair every time and doesn't look like it would work very well at all.

Any other programs,registry fixes or ROMs to try? (to convert the OBEX format to PAB in the phone itself)? JetWare is a bit cumbersome having to browse using file explorer, doesn't even create any shortcuts etc.

Thanks in advance.

g-rig

Oct 2, 2007
yes it works with jetware. i've discovered that it works only after you've made or received a call.

Bump. just wondering is WM 6.1 any better than 6.0 in terms of getting this to work properly. Working only after making or receiving calls sounds pretty annoying. i didn't find jetware to work at all really.

Jeat

Mar 27, 2007
Bump. just wondering is WM 6.1 any better than 6.0 in terms of getting this to work properly. Working only after making or receiving calls sounds pretty annoying. i didn't find jetware to work at all really.

Just wondering... Did you ever get this to work with your Polaris? I have one too and I would like it to connect to my Alpine IVA-W502R using a yet to be purchased 350BT. Should I keep my money or can we get it to work using Jetware / WM6.1 / regfixes or whatever needs be done?

Tnx in advance