[Official] SG Note in the Philippines

Search This thread

hklt0110

Jan 30, 2012
San Juan City
same with me :(

UPDATE for my new battery: at 15% it starts to flicker then at 13% turns off by itself.. :(

tried to check if there is a bulge in my battery by spinning it, but there isn't.

I'll see if this issue is really just for low battery or maybe I have to replace it again..

Happen to me before, but after deciding to root my note and doing something, my battery now can last upto 3 days on standby mode, 8 hours of straight wifi internet and 1 and a half day of combine usage (call,text,mobile internet,music and wifi internet). Some of the things that i done to my note.

1. Check your system what apps is the main eater of your battery, if its an app on number 1 then followed by brightness, try stopping it or uninstall if your not using it frequently. Likewise, stop other services that your not using.

2. Do not auto-connect your wifi or mobile internet.Or if you have total internet commander try stopping the service.

3. Install Battery Saver Pro. Enable and choose the maximum saving option.

4. Set the brightness at the lowest point that you can still read even on direct sunlight. Do not click the auto- brightness.

5. Limit the usage of flash for camera, you can edit your picture using Adobe PSTouch.

Anyway, I also openline my note using GalaxSim, after rooting my phone.

Hope makatulong kahit papano.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk Premium App

joshxrain

Aug 22, 2012
Dasmarinas City Cavite
i would like to start the ball rolling on this thread that may somewhat cater to the filipino owners, users and lovers of the galaxy note...

being a new owner, i would like to find resources and share knowledge base for the galaxy note from our fellow pinoys...

i hope this thread blossoms as it does with our own galaxy s2 thread in the sgs2 string...

mabuhay and thanks!

Boss Jay thanks for building this thread , madami ka natulungan na note user sa ph isa na ko dun hehe :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jermitano

noteandfound

Nov 11, 2012
munoz
im usng zslm5 slimwizz beta2 and its the smoothest most battery friendly rom i have tried...

Recognized Distributor™

jtribaco

Jan 10, 2012
~MNL~
Regarding battery replacement, as an option to original, try MSM HK Power Series (Green Power Series)... almost same perfomance and cheap price ... Php 350 - 450... <<< the price of class A :)

Reactions: LoVeRice

zeemoh

Feb 19, 2013
Jelly bean update: When?

hello guys! :)

Any news about the release of the jelly bean update here in the philippines?:confused:

Last edited:

shintenkenX

Feb 9, 2013
My battery got bloated after 1yr 2mos, screen flickering and the phone shuts down at 50% or so, decided to buy a "genuine" battery at SM edsa for P1.5k instead of the class A china, though I'm not really sure if it's the real thing or a "class A genuine" lol, coz the store where I bought it almost only sell china products, anyway been testing the battery for about a week now, lots of 3D gaming and movies and it's doing ok, store gave me only 3mos warranty though.

I'm on Asylum CM10.1 w/ Next launcher 3D btw, fast and smooth for me:)

Kcube989

Mar 25, 2012
Las Piñas
Bought a MSM HK battery for 200php. Been running well for a couple of weeks already. No complains, works very well. I will probably change this on saturday when i find an extended stock sized battery on taiwan.

KBEscalona

Feb 10, 2010
Downloaded from SAM Firmwares and Installed via Odin then by Philz root process and works like a charm. - For SMART GNote.

noteandfound

Nov 11, 2012
munoz
how does the cycle affect the lag?

Affects by letting the apps settle...
Caches are made and media scanner behaves..
Dont know why JB behaves like that..
I was kinda skeptical too at first time I have read about ROM settling for a day or two but It really smoothen up after that..

<<<The CRACKS on my NOTE shows how often it KISSES the FLOOR>>>

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i would like to start the ball rolling on this thread that may somewhat cater to the filipino owners, users and lovers of the galaxy note...

being a new owner, i would like to find resources and share knowledge base for the galaxy note from our fellow pinoys...

i hope this thread blossoms as it does with our own galaxy s2 thread in the sgs2 string...

mabuhay and thanks!
    Anyone here with a note from smart and had a battery replaced? I noticed my battery has a small bulge so I want to replace it. I dont know whether the battery is covered by the warranty since its not part of the phone. If ever I wouldnt get a replacement battery from smart, can anyone give me battery suggestions, how much and where to buy them? Im looking for not so expensive batteries, 2500mA or more original as long as its size is the same as the original samsung battery.

you can buy them in the mall, it's about P1,000 - P1,500. About those prices for I bought mine for 1,200.
    Anyone here with a note from smart and had a battery replaced? I noticed my battery has a small bulge so I want to replace it. I dont know whether the battery is covered by the warranty since its not part of the phone. If ever I wouldnt get a replacement battery from smart, can anyone give me battery suggestions, how much and where to buy them? Im looking for not so expensive batteries, 2500mA or more original as long as its size is the same as the original samsung battery.

Mine came from smart. 8 months old and my battery's bulging as well. Iirc, batteries of any kind are not covered by warranty. Just get the oem bateries from samsung. They don't cost much anyway.

Sent from my Asylumized shopping cart.
    Yes I'm rooted and running midnote 2.0 ICS rom. It comes packaged with LP1 kernel and CWM

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

thanks...any tutorials on how to start?any how does the usb jig method work on the note btw

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Wipe data factory reset.
    Wipe cache.
    Wipe dalvik cache.
    Format system.
    Format preload.

Or click the "clean install" option on Philz recovery. Its below wipe data factory reset.

Edit: this will remove all user apps installed. Better make a titanium backup or whatever.