[Solved] Who can make odin flashable tar file?

Search This thread

bobfrantic

Lol now i give you links to tar and md5sum

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I copied the tar.exe and md5sum.exe from Cygwin bin folder. got the tar built ok. opened it with 7zip to check if the file was in there and it was with permissions of 0rwxr-xr-x. did the command for md5sum and then opened with 7zip again, and it gave me an error before it opened. "there is no correct record at the end of archive" then it opened. But the permissions are different from the one I know works. In screenshot below, the one that works is on top, the one I made is on the bottom. Not the differences in "mode". do you think that will make any difference?

comparison.jpg

KINGbabasula

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2013
Treviso
I copied the tar.exe and md5sum.exe from Cygwin bin folder. got the tar built ok. opened it with 7zip to check if the file was in there and it was with permissions of 0rwxr-xr-x. did the command for md5sum and then opened with 7zip again, and it gave me an error before it opened. "there is no correct record at the end of archive" then it opened. But the permissions are different from the one I know works. In screenshot below, the one that works is on top, the one I made is on the bottom. Not the differences in "mode". do you think that will make any difference?

View attachment 2120080

No the differences are just that the second has an md5 file that can be checked by odin

bobfrantic

No the differences are just that the second has an md5 file that can be checked by odin

So that should be good to go then? The mode makes no difference? and lastly, the error when opening the tar after doing the md5sum command doesn't matter, the tar is made properly considering I followed the instructions, and to make sure, I used copy and paste on the command lines to make it. Fingers are crossed LOL...

KINGbabasula

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2013
Treviso
I think it's good and if you want to flash it use odin3 3.07 because it checks the md5 before clicking start

bobfrantic

I think it's good and if you want to flash it use odin3 3.07 because it checks the md5 before clicking start

It worked!!! :D :D :D :highfive: I did use odin3 3.07 as you suggested but it didn't check the md5 before installing. Didn't matter, it changed the bootscreen to Galaxy S Advance, from my current one that says Galaxy SII lite :D Thanks for your great help!!! Will give you credit for the lessons I learned when I post this.

Reactions: KINGbabasula

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there someone who can make a tar file flashable with odin? PM me please if you have that knowledge. I know it requires Linux which I do not wish to install. Thanks in (S) Advance :)

You can use cygwin

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
    I just need to know where to put the file please. If there is a clear tutorial share it if you can. Thanks in advance. I have searched and failed...

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

1.Download tar.exe (you can find it googling)
    2.Download md5sum.exe (google too)
    3.Run cmd
    4.Put param.lfs.md5, tar.exe, md5sum.exe in the same folder
    5.Do this: tar -H ustar -c param.lfs.md5 > param.tar
    6.Do this: md5sum -t param.tar >> param.tar
    7.Do this: rename param.tar param.tar.md5
    8.Check you did all correctly
    9.Flash through odin

Pay attention!!! This isn't just like changing SystemUi.apk, this is the bootloader. If you do something wrong editing the param.lfs and you flash it you can say goodbye to your phone

Ok thanks for the info. I followed your instructions to the letter (copy and paste) I had to change the -H to -h then I got the file into the tar but the md5sum didn't work. here is the text:

C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin>tar -H ustar -c param.lfs.md5 > param.tar
    tar: invalid option -- H
    Try `tar --help' for more information.

at this point I changed -H to -h

C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin>tar -h ustar -c param.lfs.md5 > param.tar
    tar: Cannot add file ustar: No such file or directory
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

Not sure what it means that it cannot add file ustar, but after the above the param.lfs.md5 was in the tar. mode is -rw-rw-rw

C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin>md5sum -t param.tar >> param.tar
    md5sum: invalid option -- t
    Try `md5sum --help' for more information.

mode didn't change after this part tho and I think it should be something like 0rwxrwxrwx

I am aware of the danger of a brick LOL but I am very very cautious and it isn't the param.lfs.md5 I am editing, just trying to make it in an odin flashable tar. But at least I am farther than before, so thank you for your assistance to this point :)

Lol you can't change -H to -h. It's different and it's because you have error ustar. For me it always worked

It worked!!! :D :D :D :highfive: I did use odin3 3.07 as you suggested but it didn't check the md5 before installing. Didn't matter, it changed the bootscreen to Galaxy S Advance, from my current one that says Galaxy SII lite :D Thanks for your great help!!! Will give you credit for the lessons I learned when I post this.