[Q] Development for the LG G2 from videoton/WIND D801V11B

Search This thread

h00k

Nov 10, 2009
Hi all, I have a LG G2 from Videotron model LG-D801, variant D801V11B. I pretty sure it is the same model for WIND user. I got it rooted with the chinese method. I did not find any TWRP image for this device so I tried some and finally got it working with the openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-g2rog.img, every other image/version i tried put me in a black screen with white character saying something like: [760] Fastboot mode started \n[800] udc_start(). I think I tried every version i could find up to 2.6.3.7.

Now each time I try to install a custom rom on my device i get this error: error executing updater binary... And it seems that I am unable to find any custom roms that was developed for my phone. I was wondering if a section could be made for the canadian version of this phone and if someone could help me put a custom roms on it. :) Ho i wish I could put paranoid android or hellfire kitkat on it tired of the stock rom

Thanks in advance

angel7501@live.com

May 3, 2010
Cloud 9, O'hara
Hi all, I have a LG G2 from Videotron model LG-D801, variant D801V11B. I pretty sure it is the same model for WIND user. I got it rooted with the chinese method. I did not find any TWRP image for this device so I tried some and finally got it working with the openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-g2rog.img, every other image/version i tried put me in a black screen with white character saying something like: [760] Fastboot mode started \n[800] udc_start(). I think I tried every version i could find up to 2.6.3.7.

Now each time I try to install a custom rom on my device i get this error: error executing updater binary... And it seems that I am unable to find any custom roms that was developed for my phone. I was wondering if a section could be made for the canadian version of this phone and if someone could help me put a custom roms on it. :) Ho i wish I could put paranoid android or hellfire kitkat on it tired of the stock rom

Thanks in advance

Got here late but better late than never. In theory D801 is a D803, and every d803 rom should work on it. Paranoid has a version for d803 that has worked pretty well on my phone but I wouldnt recommend it. There is a workaround for installing d802 roms on this phone by changing the updater script and afterwards flashing a d803 kernel.

I could make you a zip with any d802 rom (cm11, aokp, probam, etc) that could work on your phone without flashing any additional files. Just tell me what rom you prefer and what kernel and done

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida

Thanks in advance

If I am correct currently you are running 2.6.3.2 and are trying to flash a kk based aosp Rom well the problem is the recovery it won't flash it because it's before the kk binary, the only way to be able to flash the Rom is to find twrp 2.6.3.3 or higher

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

zakihabibi

Apr 25, 2014
Gatineau
I need your help

hi, i have an lg g2 from wind and it says its a d801 but all the roms dont work.
could you tell me which kernel and rom i am supposed to download