E980 problem

Search This thread

electrojas

Dec 6, 2013
North Dakota
Hello all. Question. I flashed TWRP from Phil's and after that, I went into settings and I can access everything accept when I choose the network setting it fforce closes with" unfortunately settings has stopped" what can cause this and is there a fix?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
Hello all. Question. I flashed TWRP from Phil's and after that, I went into settings and I can access everything accept when I choose the network setting it fforce closes with" unfortunately settings has stopped" what can cause this and is there a fix?

Try the KitKat bug thread...

electrojas

Dec 6, 2013
North Dakota
This is a general question about the system error, I apologize if I'm in the wrong forum ✌

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
This is a general question about the system error, I apologize if I'm in the wrong forum ✌

Your fine ! Just that Kitkat is all the rage, so I assumed you were on that too.

Try this : Settings >>> Apps >>>>ALL... Find the settings running app. Then CLEAR CACHE. You cannot clear data though.

Hope it helps !

Also, Philz latest (I think 6.14 or 6.16) has some bugs. I would just flash a generic CWM. TWRP latest also is buggy.

electrojas

Dec 6, 2013
North Dakota
Thanks Man I appreciate your help. I'm not so sure about the e980 and KitKat yet on ATT sounds pretty buggy so I'm still holding off.

electrojas

Dec 6, 2013
North Dakota
Hey community, I need your help here pretty bad. I was running the aicp 7.0 release but ended up flashtooling back to bone stock. I am getting constant and random reboots. Sometimes it is a bootloop, sometimes it gets to the att logo, sometimes it makes it to my home screen, and sometimes I can actually use it for 10 or 15 minutes but it always fails and reboots. Is there anything I can try? I am totally stumped. I figured a tot file flash back to stock would have solved this but it didn't. It almost seems like a hardware failure but I have never dropped it, got it wet nothin. Another real odd deal is when I can't get it to come out of a loop, if I take the back cover off it will start up. I thought maybe it was the connection on the back cover so I put a piece of tape over it but it still does it, but even now it is working with the back cover off but randomly reboots. Its always like this, my signal drops to no bars with the red x and then freezes then reboots. Sometimes it's when I wake it up, and sometimes it's when I start a program. Can anyone please give me some hope?