[SKIN][Tutorial][04.07.2011] Skins for HTC Sense 2.0 roms & Framework mods.

Search This thread

sopL87

Apr 9, 2009
I created/ported skins for HTC Sense 2.0 (Froyo) roms and decided to share my work.

Rule1: You MUST have permission to edit and post anywhere my skins. Reposting skins is NOT allowed. Read xda forum rules point 12.

Rule2: I will not fulfill personal requests, but I'm open for intelligent sugestions.

FAQ:
Q: Skins for my Gingerbread Sense rom don't work.
A: Skins for Gingerbread HTC Sense 2.1 based on Desire HD/S roms are here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1048894

Q: Skins for my Thunderbolt 4G, Incredible S or Desire Z Gingerbread Sense rom don't work.
A: Skins for Thunderbolt 4G, Incredible S and Desire Z Gingerbread Sense 2.1 are here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1122229

Q: I like your skins so I post "THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!!!!!!!"
A: I am doing this to please you all. If someone want to thank me, then at the bottom of every post is "THANKS" button, so it's not necessary to post 'thanks posts', keep thread clear. But from other side it's also very motivating for me:p

Q: Why is there so many screenshots and I only see 4 skins to download?
A: Skins are ready to download in my post #1, #2, #3, #6 and #7.

Q: How to install skin?
A: Well, just install:p (download skin, move it to phone's SD card and with any file manager install it).

Q: How to uninstall skin?
A: Go to Skin Picker (menu where you are choosing skins), press "Menu" button and choose "Delete" option.

Q: Why flip clock don't flip?
A: When flipping animation is on flip clock is using some stock white .pngs for it that are placed in the rom. When clock in the skin is changed then for flip animation the same stock .pngs are used which resulting in glitches. That is why every skin with stock clock will have enabled flip animation and those skins with custom clocks will not.

Q: Why skin is not changing all .pngs that I want?
A: Skins have limited capability in theming look of rom - this is the downside compared to flashable theme. For pros: skins are easy to create, they're covering most of the look of rom, they're light, you don't need root, they're quickly changeable (don't need to reset).

Q: Why skin is downloading as ".bin" file?
A: Because you are using browser in your phone to download skin. Use your PC browser to download or use XDA official Android app and download via it.

Q: I created my skin and after installation it restarts whole system or some stock apps.
A: Check each of .pngs if they are properly named. Couple of times for me skin was restarting whole system because I had double spacebar in one of the names of one .png.

Q: Where did you get those fancy folder icons?
A: Icons: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=646967 & http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=604469. App for folders is SiMi Folder Pro (also Folder Organizer is great).

Changelog:
Code:
[Update 04.07.2011] New skin added: Meizu. Download in post #7.

[Update 17.06.2011] New skin added: Burgundy. Download in post #7.

[Update 17.05.2011] New skin added: Blue Sky. Download in post #7.

[Update 14.05.2011] New skin added: MIUI. Download in post #7.

[Update 11.05.2011] Updated skin: Sense3.

[Update 07.05.2011] New skin added: Sense3. Download in post #7.

[Update 08.03.2011] New skin added: Glass Sense. Download in post #7.

[Update 02.03.2011] New skin added: Xperiansed Arc. Download in post #7.

[Update 18.02.2011] New skin added: Honeybread. Download in post #6.

[Update 11.02.2011] New skins added: Black n Bold & PCB Sense. Download in post #6.

[Update 23.01.2011] New skin added: Radiant Acid. Download in post #6.

[Update 14.01.2011] New skin added: DroXense. Download in post #6.

[Update 07.01.2011] New skin added: GalaXense. Download in post #6.

[Update 29.12.2010] New skin added: Xperiansed. Download in post #6.

[Update 12.12.2010] Updated skin: Metro. Download in post #6.

[Update 11.12.2010] New skin added: Metro. Download in post #6.

[Update 07.12.2010] New skin added: Gingerbread. Download in post #3.

[Update 28.11.2010] New skin added: LEOnidas. Download in post #3.

[Update 23.11.2010] New skin added: distINCtion. Download in post #3.

[Update 21.11.2010] Updated skin: Froyo.

[Update 20.11.2010] New skin added: Froyo. Download in post #3. Updated skins: rEVOlution.

[Update 13.11.2010] New skin added: Acid Rosie. Download in post #3. Updated skins: All skins except Black Espresso.

[Update 11.11.2010] New skin added: AuraxTSense. Download in post #3.

[Update 09.11.2010] New skin added: Black Espresso. Download in post #3. Updated skin: MattedBlues.

[Update 04.11.2010] New skin added: rEVOlution. Download in post #3.

[Update 01.11.2010] New skin added: Purple Detox. Download in post #2. Updated skin: Carbon Fiber.

[Update 29.10.2010] New skin added: Carbon Fiber. Download in post #2. Updated skin: MattedBlues. 

[Update 28.10.2010] New skin added: MattedBlues. Download in post #2.

[Update 26.10.2010] New skin added: Safari HD. Download in post #2. Updated skins: Ruby HD, Wildflower HD, RedRocks HD.

[Update 23.10.2010] New skin added: RedRocks HD. Download in post #2.

[Update 22.10.2010] New skin added: Wildflower HD. Download in post #2.

[Update 20.10.2010] New skin added: Ruby HD. Download in post #2.

[Update 17.10.2010] New skin added: Carbon Espresso. Download in post #2.

[Update 16.10.2010 again] Updated OBsensed skin.

[Update 16.10.2010] New skin added: CommonSense.

[Update 15.10.2010] Updated TronSense skin.

[Update 13.10.2010] New skin added: TronSense.

[Update 11.10.2010 again] Skins are installable like every .apk.

[Update 11.10.2010] New skins are working without disabling original skins:)

[Update 10.10.2010] New skin added: OBsensed. Cosmetic upgade for RogueSense skin.

[Initial release 07.10.2010] First skin added: RogueSense.

Credits:
Themes: RogueSense, OBsensed, TronSense, CommonSense, are originally created by Cubanaso, I ported them and also created and edited some of the graphics.
Link to his thread:CLICK

Themes: Carbon Espresso and Black Espresso are originally created by BrightSilence, I ported them and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: MattedBlues is originally created by jabbawalkee, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Carbon Fiber is originally created by trinityEon, I ported it, changed it color from original green to orange and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: rEVOlution is originally created by manup456, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Detox is originally created by Cubanaso, I ported it, changed it color from original green to purple and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: AuraxTSense is originally created by NeoPhyTe.x360, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Acid Rosie and Radiant Acid are originally created by NCX Designs, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Themes: Ruby, Wildflower, RedRocks, Safari are originally created by HTC and can be found in HTC Glacier [myTouch 4G] roms, I ported them and created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: distINCtion is originally created by USAsokr, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: PCB Sense is originally created by scar45, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Black n Bold is originally created by Devildog8791 and thebowers from droidforums, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Honeybread is originally created by haxzamatic, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Glass Sense is originally created by esk02k, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Skin: Blue Sky and Burgundy are originally created by HTC and can be found in HTC Sense 3.0 roms, I ported them and created and edited some of the graphics.

Skin: Froyo, Gingerbread, LEOnidas, Metro, Xperiansed, GalaXense(thanks to NCX Designs for the clock!), DroXense(thanks to NCX Designs for the clock!), Xperiansed Arc, Sense3, MIUI(thanks to MIUI Developers for original graphics) and Meizu are created by me.

Attachments

• TronSense.apk
    5 MB · Views: 23,281
  • RogueSense.apk
    4.4 MB · Views: 27,694
  • OBsensed.apk
    4.2 MB · Views: 18,014
  • CommonSense.apk
    3.6 MB · Views: 21,504
Last edited:

sopL87

Apr 9, 2009
SKINs download & screenshots.

Screenshots:
Rogue Sense:
attachment.php
OBsensed:
attachment.php
TronSense:
attachment.php

CommonSense:
attachment.php
Carbon Espresso:
attachment.php
Ruby HD:
attachment.php

Wildflower HD:
attachment.php
RedRocks HD:
attachment.php
Safari HD:
attachment.php

MattedBlues:
attachment.php
Carbon Fiber:
attachment.php
Purple Detox:
attachment.php

rEVOlution:
attachment.php
Black Espresso:
attachment.php
AuraxTSense:
attachment.php

Acid Rosie:
attachment.php
Froyo:
attachment.php
distINCtion:
attachment.php

LEOnidas:
attachment.php
Gingerbread:
attachment.php
Metro:
attachment.php

Xperiansed:
attachment.php
GalaXense:
attachment.php
DroXense:
attachment.php

Radiant Acid:
attachment.php
PCB Sense:
attachment.php
Black n Bold:
attachment.php

Honeybread:
attachment.php
Xperiansed Arc:
attachment.php
Glass Sense:
attachment.php

Sense3:
attachment.php
MIUI:
attachment.php
BlueSky:
attachment.php

Burgundy:
attachment.php
Meizu:
attachment.php

Attachments

• MattedBlues.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 14,831
Last edited:

sopL87

Apr 9, 2009
Complete guide to SKINs for Sense 2.0

Rule: Now remember: if you want post result of your work (modified skin) you MUST have permission to use .png's from person who originally created them or also from me (if you are using png's from one of my skins in this thread). If you are only modifying skins for personal use, you can use what you want without asking anybody.

Note1: I'm using Windows 7 32 Bit PC, so tutorial is written for this platform. In "[]" are my comments. If you seeing "" you're not writing it, only sentence between them.

Note2: If you want relese skin, post it, and I will create link to your post in my second post, over tutorial.

Note3: If anybody would have any problems or will find any bug in my tutorial - post it.

So, you have awesome idea for a skin for Desire HD, but you don't know how to build it? Here is your answer:

Download & install 7zip.

Download & install Java Development Kit (JDK) & Java Runtime Environment (JRE): http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

Download & install Android Software Development Kit (SDK): http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Download Auto-sign.zip by Dave Da illest 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uwzjjydnm2r

Download Apktool by Brut.alll: http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/downloads/list

I. Installation of Auto-sign:
1. Unpack Auto-sign.zip to any folder and you're done.

II. Installation of Apktool:
1. Unpack: "apktool-install-windows-2.2_r01-3.tar.bz2" and "apktool1.3.2.tar.bz2" to "C:/Windows" directory.
2. Pull from your Desire HD: framework-res.apk and com.htc.resources.apk. They are in "root/system/framework" directory. Save them on your PC.
3. Place com.htc.resources.apk in "C:/Users/'your name'/" directory.
4. Open terminal/command line [Start->Run->type "cmd"->press <enter>] and type "apktool", press <enter>. Then you should see usage help.
5. Write: "apktool if com.htc.resources.apk DesireHD" [There should be created directory "C:/Users/"your name"/apktool/framework" and 2 apk files in it].

III. We will start with modifying standard, HTC made Slate skin. First, we must pull Slate.apk from "root/system/app" folder. In this directry there are also skis: Metal.apk, Wood.apk, Blackboard.apk.
1. Extract pulled Slate.apk with 7zip. [Right mouse button click on skin .apk, from menu choose: 7zip->Extract to "Slate\"]. Now you can edit/replace all .png's stored in "Slate/res/drawable-hdpi; drawable-port-hdpi; drawable-land-hdpi".
2. Place pulled original Slate.apk in "C:/" directory.
3. In command line write: "apktool d -f -t DesireHD C:/Slate.apk".
4. There should be created directory "C:/Users/"your name"/Slate".
5. Editing name of skin, colors, and other miscellaneous things [in decompiled .xml files]:
a. Name of skin: with notepad we are editing AndroidManifest.xml in "C:/Users/"your name"/Slate" folder.

-line: <manifest android:hasCode="false" android:versionCode="8" android:versionName="2.2" package="com.htc.skin.Slate"
change to: <manifest android:hasCode="false" android:versionCode="8" android:versionName="2.2" package="com.htc.skin."your name of skin without spacebar""

with notepad we are editing strings.xml in "C:/Users/"your name"/Slate/res/values" folder.

-line: <string name="skin_name">Slate</string>
change to: <string name="skin_name">"your name of skin"</string>

b. Colors: with notepad we are editing colors.xml in "C:/Users/"your name"/Slate/res/values" folder. [Colors of specified areas of Sense UI are in HTML code. You can check and edit them with help of some sites].
c. Flipping of clock and screen indicator courve line: with notepad we are editing integers.xml in "C:/Users/"your name"/Slate/res/values" folder.

-line: <integer name="clockwidget_flip">1</integer> means that clock will flip. If "1" changed to "0", clock will not flip.
-line: <integer name="rosie_scrollbar_curve">0</integer> means that screen indicator will move in curve line. If "0" changed to "1", indicator will move in strait line [there is no mistake here!].

6. Now if you edited .xml's in the way you want, you must compile .apk of skin. In command line write: "apktool b -f C:/Users/"your name"/Slate "your name of skin without spacebar".apk" [for example: apktool b -f C:/Users/****/Slate Dick_Slate.apk].
7. In "C:/Users/"your name"/" directory will appear compiled skin .apk.
8. Open it with 7zip. [Right mouse button click on skin .apk, from menu choose: 7zip->Open archive]. You will see in this directory 2 folders: assets & res, and 2 files: AndroidManifest.xml [which is edited already] & resources.arsc.
a. In "assets/image" directory there are stored preview.png [which you see when you choosing skin in Skin Picker, on your phone] and wallpaper.jpg.
b. In "res" directory there are folders: drawable [which contains .xml's], drawable-hdpi, drawable-land-hdpi & drawable-port-hdpi [containing .png's which you will replace]. Now you can drag'n'drop previously prepared
[in point III.1.] .png's [or whole folders], so your new files replace those in opened .apk. Close 7zip window.

9. Now take edited "your name of skin without spacebar".apk to Auto-sign root directory [see point I.]. Change it's name to update.zip. Drag'n'drop update.zip at Sign.bat file and in command window press <enter> when signing will be finished. There should appear new file called update_signed.zip. Now you can change it's name to "name of you skin".apk and youre done. This file is installable on your Desire HD.

Attachments

• AuraxTSense.apk
    4.2 MB · Views: 16,386
  • Froyo.apk
    4.2 MB · Views: 11,496
  • distINCtion.apk
    3.9 MB · Views: 14,941
  • rEVOlution.apk
    3.6 MB · Views: 16,308
  • LEOnidas.apk
    3 MB · Views: 11,158
  • Gingerbread.apk
    3.6 MB · Views: 17,736
Last edited:

sopL87

Apr 9, 2009
FRAMEWORK download.

FRAMEWORK----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I created custom frameworks for Desire HD (also Desire Z) builds/roms and decided to share my work.

Features: Changed icons in taskbar (wifi, bluetooth, signal, battery, gps, etc.), background of notifications, popup menus and added new system transitions. Battery have 1% step, added extended and tweaked animations of: Download, Upload and GPS icons.

Note1: 1.32 & 1.72 frameworks are cross compatibile. I have 1.72 rom and my 1.32 frameworks are working ok. When you have 1.32 rom, frameworks based on 1.72 will work too.
Note2: Download in my post #4 and #5.

Installation:
I.For those who flash via ClockworkMod 2.5.x.x recovery:
1. Extract the attached "Blank 'framework_update.zip' for CWM 2.5.x.x.zip", then open up the "framework_update.zip" with 7zip.
2. Drag downloaded framework-res.apk to the "framework" folder in 7zip window, to overwrite the existing blank framework-res.apk file.
3. Close "framework_update.zip" (agree to any messages about updating the file).
4. Copy "framework_update.zip" to your SD card.
5. Flash the "framework_update.zip" via ClockworkMod 2.5.x.x.

II.For those who flash via ClockworkMod 3.x.x.x recovery:
1. Extract the attached "Blank 'framework_update_CWM3' for CWM 3.x.x.x.zip", then open up the "framework_update_CWM3.zip" with 7zip.
2. Drag downloaded framework-res.apk to the "framework" folder in 7zip window, to overwrite the existing blank framework-res.apk file.
3. Close "framework_update_CWM3.zip" (agree to any messages about updating the file).
4. Copy "framework_update_CWM3.zip" to your SD card.
5. Flash the "framework_update_CWM3.zip" via ClockworkMod.

III.For those with HTC HD2 and SD Build of Android:
Put 'framework-res.apk' in "sdcard/android/root/system/framework" folder and reboot.

Changelog:
Code:
[Update 08.03.2011] Updated NeoHTC & Xperiansed frameworks with 1.84.661.1 versions.

[Update 01.03.2011] Added Xperiansed framework (extended animations).

[Update 02.01.2011] Added NeoHTC framework (battery have 1% step, extended animations of upload, download, gps icons, black notifications, new popup menus, new system transitions). Download in post #7.

[Update 07.12.2010] Added Gingerbread framework. Download in post #7.

[Update 23.11.2010] Added distINCtion framework (battery have 1% step, extended animations).

[Update 21.11.2010] Updated Froyo framework (battery have 1% step, extended animations).

[Update 20.11.2010] Added Froyo framework.

[Update 15.11.2010 again x2] Added Detox framework (battery have 1% step).

[Update 15.11.2010 again] Added RogueSense framework (battery have 1% step). Updated rEVOlution framework (battery have 1% step, extended animations).

[Update 15.11.2010] Added DesireHD mod by sopL87 (everything is stock except 1% step battery, tweaked and extended animations of Upload, Download and GPS, just download some apk's from market or turn on GPS and see how sweet it is looking now:P).

[Update 13.11.2010] Added Galaxy S framework (battery have 1% step).

[Update 13.11.2010] Added rEVOlution framework (battery have 1% step).

Screenshots:
rEVOlution:
attachment.php
Galaxy S:
attachment.php

DesireHD Mod by sopL87:
attachment.php
RogueSense:
attachment.php

Detox:
attachment.php
Froyo:
attachment.php

distINCtion:
attachment.php
Gingerbread:
attachment.php

NeoHTC by sopL87:
attachment.php
Xperiansed:
attachment.php

Last edited:

sopL87

Apr 9, 2009

Attachments

• Metro.apk
    2.6 MB · Views: 8,852
  • Xperiansed.apk
    4 MB · Views: 8,162
  • GalaXense.apk
    3.4 MB · Views: 6,449
  • DroXense.apk
    3.4 MB · Views: 6,211
  • BlackNBold.apk
    3.9 MB · Views: 7,788
  • Honeybread.apk
    3.6 MB · Views: 8,939
Last edited:

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Thanks man.
Looking forward to more delicious themes from you.

P.S. A personal request. I really like the Common Sense theme from the link in your post.

motoman234

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Man, your killing it with these new skins. Great job! My only suggestion is to modify the white skin where it says "phone" on the launcher to make it more centered. Like maybe scoot the dots over to the left and bring the word "Phone" down next to the dots. But your doing a great job, i know porting the little parts of the skins are NOT easy! Its so cool we can just install an apk now and totally change everything.

pafimal

Jun 4, 2007
Athens
GREAT JOB

Hi sopL87,Excellent work,the themes look amazing, great job, look forward to future themes from you.....:)

sopL87

Apr 9, 2009
Man, your killing it with these new skins. Great job! My only suggestion is to modify the white skin where it says "phone" on the launcher to make it more centered. Like maybe scoot the dots over to the left and bring the word "Phone" down next to the dots. But your doing a great job, i know porting the little parts of the skins are NOT easy! Its so cool we can just install an apk now and totally change everything.

Thanks. About Phone label it's impossible to move or delete it. I can only change icon next to it. I will modify it to show standard 'phone' icon so Phone label would be more centered;)

sopL87

Apr 9, 2009
Update.

Updated OBsensed skin. Now all setting widgets, like bluetooth, wifi, autorotation, are in OBsensed-white style. Also added some minor modifications.

Attachments

• OBsensed.jpg
    OBsensed.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 439,553
  • TronSense.jpg
    TronSense.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 435,369
Last edited:

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Thanks man for giving us the new Common Sense theme which I requested.
Great Job.

Also can we have theme components on the dialer? And also can the background of the App Drawer be changed from black to something else?
Thanks for everything

sopL87

Apr 9, 2009
Thanks man for giving us the new Common Sense theme which I requested.
Great Job.

Also can we have theme components on the dialer? And also can the background of the App Drawer be changed from black to something else?
Thanks for everything

Sorry, but skins have no possibility to modify dialer graphics. Also app drawer background is not changeable:(

sopL87

Apr 9, 2009
Update.

New skin added: Carbon Espresso by BrightSilence. Enjoy:)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created/ported skins for HTC Sense 2.0 (Froyo) roms and decided to share my work.

Rule1: You MUST have permission to edit and post anywhere my skins. Reposting skins is NOT allowed. Read xda forum rules point 12.

Rule2: I will not fulfill personal requests, but I'm open for intelligent sugestions.

FAQ:
    Q: Skins for my Gingerbread Sense rom don't work.
    A: Skins for Gingerbread HTC Sense 2.1 based on Desire HD/S roms are here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1048894

Q: Skins for my Thunderbolt 4G, Incredible S or Desire Z Gingerbread Sense rom don't work.
    A: Skins for Thunderbolt 4G, Incredible S and Desire Z Gingerbread Sense 2.1 are here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1122229

Q: I like your skins so I post "THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!!!!!!!"
    A: I am doing this to please you all. If someone want to thank me, then at the bottom of every post is "THANKS" button, so it's not necessary to post 'thanks posts', keep thread clear. But from other side it's also very motivating for me:p

Q: Why is there so many screenshots and I only see 4 skins to download?
    A: Skins are ready to download in my post #1, #2, #3, #6 and #7.

Q: How to install skin?
    A: Well, just install:p (download skin, move it to phone's SD card and with any file manager install it).

Q: How to uninstall skin?
    A: Go to Skin Picker (menu where you are choosing skins), press "Menu" button and choose "Delete" option.

Q: Why flip clock don't flip?
    A: When flipping animation is on flip clock is using some stock white .pngs for it that are placed in the rom. When clock in the skin is changed then for flip animation the same stock .pngs are used which resulting in glitches. That is why every skin with stock clock will have enabled flip animation and those skins with custom clocks will not.

Q: Why skin is not changing all .pngs that I want?
    A: Skins have limited capability in theming look of rom - this is the downside compared to flashable theme. For pros: skins are easy to create, they're covering most of the look of rom, they're light, you don't need root, they're quickly changeable (don't need to reset).

Q: Why skin is downloading as ".bin" file?
    A: Because you are using browser in your phone to download skin. Use your PC browser to download or use XDA official Android app and download via it.

Q: I created my skin and after installation it restarts whole system or some stock apps.
    A: Check each of .pngs if they are properly named. Couple of times for me skin was restarting whole system because I had double spacebar in one of the names of one .png.

Q: Where did you get those fancy folder icons?
    A: Icons: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=646967 & http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=604469. App for folders is SiMi Folder Pro (also Folder Organizer is great).

Changelog:
    Code:
    [Update 04.07.2011] New skin added: Meizu. Download in post #7.

[Update 17.06.2011] New skin added: Burgundy. Download in post #7.

[Update 17.05.2011] New skin added: Blue Sky. Download in post #7.

[Update 14.05.2011] New skin added: MIUI. Download in post #7.

[Update 11.05.2011] Updated skin: Sense3.

[Update 07.05.2011] New skin added: Sense3. Download in post #7.

[Update 08.03.2011] New skin added: Glass Sense. Download in post #7.

[Update 02.03.2011] New skin added: Xperiansed Arc. Download in post #7.

[Update 18.02.2011] New skin added: Honeybread. Download in post #6.

[Update 11.02.2011] New skins added: Black n Bold & PCB Sense. Download in post #6.

[Update 23.01.2011] New skin added: Radiant Acid. Download in post #6.

[Update 14.01.2011] New skin added: DroXense. Download in post #6.

[Update 07.01.2011] New skin added: GalaXense. Download in post #6.

[Update 29.12.2010] New skin added: Xperiansed. Download in post #6.

[Update 12.12.2010] Updated skin: Metro. Download in post #6.

[Update 11.12.2010] New skin added: Metro. Download in post #6.

[Update 07.12.2010] New skin added: Gingerbread. Download in post #3.

[Update 28.11.2010] New skin added: LEOnidas. Download in post #3.

[Update 23.11.2010] New skin added: distINCtion. Download in post #3.

[Update 21.11.2010] Updated skin: Froyo.

[Update 20.11.2010] New skin added: Froyo. Download in post #3. Updated skins: rEVOlution.

[Update 13.11.2010] New skin added: Acid Rosie. Download in post #3. Updated skins: All skins except Black Espresso.

[Update 11.11.2010] New skin added: AuraxTSense. Download in post #3.

[Update 09.11.2010] New skin added: Black Espresso. Download in post #3. Updated skin: MattedBlues.

[Update 04.11.2010] New skin added: rEVOlution. Download in post #3.

[Update 01.11.2010] New skin added: Purple Detox. Download in post #2. Updated skin: Carbon Fiber.

[Update 29.10.2010] New skin added: Carbon Fiber. Download in post #2. Updated skin: MattedBlues. 

[Update 28.10.2010] New skin added: MattedBlues. Download in post #2.

[Update 26.10.2010] New skin added: Safari HD. Download in post #2. Updated skins: Ruby HD, Wildflower HD, RedRocks HD.

[Update 23.10.2010] New skin added: RedRocks HD. Download in post #2.

[Update 22.10.2010] New skin added: Wildflower HD. Download in post #2.

[Update 20.10.2010] New skin added: Ruby HD. Download in post #2.

[Update 17.10.2010] New skin added: Carbon Espresso. Download in post #2.

[Update 16.10.2010 again] Updated OBsensed skin.

[Update 16.10.2010] New skin added: CommonSense.

[Update 15.10.2010] Updated TronSense skin.

[Update 13.10.2010] New skin added: TronSense.

[Update 11.10.2010 again] Skins are installable like every .apk.

[Update 11.10.2010] New skins are working without disabling original skins:)

[Update 10.10.2010] New skin added: OBsensed. Cosmetic upgade for RogueSense skin.

[Initial release 07.10.2010] First skin added: RogueSense.

Credits:
    Themes: RogueSense, OBsensed, TronSense, CommonSense, are originally created by Cubanaso, I ported them and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Themes: Carbon Espresso and Black Espresso are originally created by BrightSilence, I ported them and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: MattedBlues is originally created by jabbawalkee, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Carbon Fiber is originally created by trinityEon, I ported it, changed it color from original green to orange and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: rEVOlution is originally created by manup456, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Detox is originally created by Cubanaso, I ported it, changed it color from original green to purple and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: AuraxTSense is originally created by NeoPhyTe.x360, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Acid Rosie and Radiant Acid are originally created by NCX Designs, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Themes: Ruby, Wildflower, RedRocks, Safari are originally created by HTC and can be found in HTC Glacier [myTouch 4G] roms, I ported them and created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: distINCtion is originally created by USAsokr, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: PCB Sense is originally created by scar45, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Black n Bold is originally created by Devildog8791 and thebowers from droidforums, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Honeybread is originally created by haxzamatic, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Theme: Glass Sense is originally created by esk02k, I ported it and also created and edited some of the graphics.

Skin: Blue Sky and Burgundy are originally created by HTC and can be found in HTC Sense 3.0 roms, I ported them and created and edited some of the graphics.

Skin: Froyo, Gingerbread, LEOnidas, Metro, Xperiansed, GalaXense(thanks to NCX Designs for the clock!), DroXense(thanks to NCX Designs for the clock!), Xperiansed Arc, Sense3, MIUI(thanks to MIUI Developers for original graphics) and Meizu are created by me.
    Complete guide to SKINs for Sense 2.0

Rule: Now remember: if you want post result of your work (modified skin) you MUST have permission to use .png's from person who originally created them or also from me (if you are using png's from one of my skins in this thread). If you are only modifying skins for personal use, you can use what you want without asking anybody.

Note1: I'm using Windows 7 32 Bit PC, so tutorial is written for this platform. In "[]" are my comments. If you seeing "" you're not writing it, only sentence between them.

Note2: If you want relese skin, post it, and I will create link to your post in my second post, over tutorial.

Note3: If anybody would have any problems or will find any bug in my tutorial - post it.

So, you have awesome idea for a skin for Desire HD, but you don't know how to build it? Here is your answer:

Download & install 7zip.

Download & install Java Development Kit (JDK) & Java Runtime Environment (JRE): http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

Download & install Android Software Development Kit (SDK): http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Download Auto-sign.zip by Dave Da illest 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uwzjjydnm2r

Download Apktool by Brut.alll: http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/downloads/list

I. Installation of Auto-sign:
    1. Unpack Auto-sign.zip to any folder and you're done.

II. Installation of Apktool:
    1. Unpack: "apktool-install-windows-2.2_r01-3.tar.bz2" and "apktool1.3.2.tar.bz2" to "C:/Windows" directory.
    2. Pull from your Desire HD: framework-res.apk and com.htc.resources.apk. They are in "root/system/framework" directory. Save them on your PC.
    3. Place com.htc.resources.apk in "C:/Users/'your name'/" directory.
    4. Open terminal/command line [Start->Run->type "cmd"->press <enter>] and type "apktool", press <enter>. Then you should see usage help.
    5. Write: "apktool if com.htc.resources.apk DesireHD" [There should be created directory "C:/Users/"your name"/apktool/framework" and 2 apk files in it].

III. We will start with modifying standard, HTC made Slate skin. First, we must pull Slate.apk from "root/system/app" folder. In this directry there are also skis: Metal.apk, Wood.apk, Blackboard.apk.
    1. Extract pulled Slate.apk with 7zip. [Right mouse button click on skin .apk, from menu choose: 7zip->Extract to "Slate\"]. Now you can edit/replace all .png's stored in "Slate/res/drawable-hdpi; drawable-port-hdpi; drawable-land-hdpi".
    2. Place pulled original Slate.apk in "C:/" directory.
    3. In command line write: "apktool d -f -t DesireHD C:/Slate.apk".
    4. There should be created directory "C:/Users/"your name"/Slate".
    5. Editing name of skin, colors, and other miscellaneous things [in decompiled .xml files]:
    a. Name of skin: with notepad we are editing AndroidManifest.xml in "C:/Users/"your name"/Slate" folder.

-line: <manifest android:hasCode="false" android:versionCode="8" android:versionName="2.2" package="com.htc.skin.Slate"
    change to: <manifest android:hasCode="false" android:versionCode="8" android:versionName="2.2" package="com.htc.skin."your name of skin without spacebar""

with notepad we are editing strings.xml in "C:/Users/"your name"/Slate/res/values" folder.

-line: <string name="skin_name">Slate</string>
    change to: <string name="skin_name">"your name of skin"</string>

b. Colors: with notepad we are editing colors.xml in "C:/Users/"your name"/Slate/res/values" folder. [Colors of specified areas of Sense UI are in HTML code. You can check and edit them with help of some sites].
    c. Flipping of clock and screen indicator courve line: with notepad we are editing integers.xml in "C:/Users/"your name"/Slate/res/values" folder.

-line: <integer name="clockwidget_flip">1</integer> means that clock will flip. If "1" changed to "0", clock will not flip.
    -line: <integer name="rosie_scrollbar_curve">0</integer> means that screen indicator will move in curve line. If "0" changed to "1", indicator will move in strait line [there is no mistake here!].

6. Now if you edited .xml's in the way you want, you must compile .apk of skin. In command line write: "apktool b -f C:/Users/"your name"/Slate "your name of skin without spacebar".apk" [for example: apktool b -f C:/Users/****/Slate Dick_Slate.apk].
    7. In "C:/Users/"your name"/" directory will appear compiled skin .apk.
    8. Open it with 7zip. [Right mouse button click on skin .apk, from menu choose: 7zip->Open archive]. You will see in this directory 2 folders: assets & res, and 2 files: AndroidManifest.xml [which is edited already] & resources.arsc.
    a. In "assets/image" directory there are stored preview.png [which you see when you choosing skin in Skin Picker, on your phone] and wallpaper.jpg.
    b. In "res" directory there are folders: drawable [which contains .xml's], drawable-hdpi, drawable-land-hdpi & drawable-port-hdpi [containing .png's which you will replace]. Now you can drag'n'drop previously prepared
    [in point III.1.] .png's [or whole folders], so your new files replace those in opened .apk. Close 7zip window.

9. Now take edited "your name of skin without spacebar".apk to Auto-sign root directory [see point I.]. Change it's name to update.zip. Drag'n'drop update.zip at Sign.bat file and in command window press <enter> when signing will be finished. There should appear new file called update_signed.zip. Now you can change it's name to "name of you skin".apk and youre done. This file is installable on your Desire HD.
    SKINs download & screenshots.

Screenshots:
    Rogue Sense:
    attachment.php
    OBsensed:
    attachment.php
    TronSense:
    attachment.php

CommonSense:
    attachment.php
    Carbon Espresso:
    attachment.php
    Ruby HD:
    attachment.php

Wildflower HD:
    attachment.php
    RedRocks HD:
    attachment.php
    Safari HD:
    attachment.php

MattedBlues:
    attachment.php
    Carbon Fiber:
    attachment.php
    Purple Detox:
    attachment.php

rEVOlution:
    attachment.php
    Black Espresso:
    attachment.php
    AuraxTSense:
    attachment.php

Acid Rosie:
    attachment.php
    Froyo:
    attachment.php
    distINCtion:
    attachment.php

LEOnidas:
    attachment.php
    Gingerbread:
    attachment.php
    Metro:
    attachment.php

Xperiansed:
    attachment.php
    GalaXense:
    attachment.php
    DroXense:
    attachment.php

Radiant Acid:
    attachment.php
    PCB Sense:
    attachment.php
    Black n Bold:
    attachment.php

Honeybread:
    attachment.php
    Xperiansed Arc:
    attachment.php
    Glass Sense:
    attachment.php

Sense3:
    attachment.php
    MIUI:
    attachment.php
    BlueSky:
    attachment.php

Burgundy:
    attachment.php
    Meizu:
    attachment.php
    FRAMEWORK download.

FRAMEWORK----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I created custom frameworks for Desire HD (also Desire Z) builds/roms and decided to share my work.

Features: Changed icons in taskbar (wifi, bluetooth, signal, battery, gps, etc.), background of notifications, popup menus and added new system transitions. Battery have 1% step, added extended and tweaked animations of: Download, Upload and GPS icons.

Note1: 1.32 & 1.72 frameworks are cross compatibile. I have 1.72 rom and my 1.32 frameworks are working ok. When you have 1.32 rom, frameworks based on 1.72 will work too.
    Note2: Download in my post #4 and #5.

Installation:
    I.For those who flash via ClockworkMod 2.5.x.x recovery:
    1. Extract the attached "Blank 'framework_update.zip' for CWM 2.5.x.x.zip", then open up the "framework_update.zip" with 7zip.
    3. Close "framework_update.zip" (agree to any messages about updating the file).
    4. Copy "framework_update.zip" to your SD card.
    5. Flash the "framework_update.zip" via ClockworkMod 2.5.x.x.

II.For those who flash via ClockworkMod 3.x.x.x recovery:
    1. Extract the attached "Blank 'framework_update_CWM3' for CWM 3.x.x.x.zip", then open up the "framework_update_CWM3.zip" with 7zip.
    3. Close "framework_update_CWM3.zip" (agree to any messages about updating the file).
    4. Copy "framework_update_CWM3.zip" to your SD card.
    5. Flash the "framework_update_CWM3.zip" via ClockworkMod.

III.For those with HTC HD2 and SD Build of Android:
    Put 'framework-res.apk' in "sdcard/android/root/system/framework" folder and reboot.

Changelog:
    Code:
    [Update 08.03.2011] Updated NeoHTC & Xperiansed frameworks with 1.84.661.1 versions.

[Update 01.03.2011] Added Xperiansed framework (extended animations).

[Update 02.01.2011] Added NeoHTC framework (battery have 1% step, extended animations of upload, download, gps icons, black notifications, new popup menus, new system transitions). Download in post #7.

[Update 07.12.2010] Added Gingerbread framework. Download in post #7.

[Update 23.11.2010] Added distINCtion framework (battery have 1% step, extended animations).

[Update 21.11.2010] Updated Froyo framework (battery have 1% step, extended animations).

[Update 20.11.2010] Added Froyo framework.

[Update 15.11.2010 again x2] Added Detox framework (battery have 1% step).

[Update 15.11.2010 again] Added RogueSense framework (battery have 1% step). Updated rEVOlution framework (battery have 1% step, extended animations).

[Update 15.11.2010] Added DesireHD mod by sopL87 (everything is stock except 1% step battery, tweaked and extended animations of Upload, Download and GPS, just download some apk's from market or turn on GPS and see how sweet it is looking now:P).

[Update 13.11.2010] Added Galaxy S framework (battery have 1% step).

[Update 13.11.2010] Added rEVOlution framework (battery have 1% step).

Screenshots:
    rEVOlution:
    attachment.php
    Galaxy S:
    attachment.php

DesireHD Mod by sopL87:
    attachment.php
    RogueSense:
    attachment.php

Detox:
    attachment.php
    Froyo: