*** New Device Forum Requests ***

Search This thread

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
I'd like to create a new forum for my device: samsung galaxy j4 core, sm-j410f/ds, j4coreltejx, j4coreltexx, oreo 8.1.0, android go device.
It's a low end device, but it's quite good. And for me it's always a passion to get the best out of such devices. Also because not everyone can afford smth better. I have a root method & tutorial, flashing instructions. I also have other tutorials, how to tweak, install microg, good apps that I recommend, useful magisk modules, tips & tricks, hacks, run linux on this device, etc. (one at a time)
what this device lacks is a custom recovery & so I hope, that some will eventually get an interest & create one. and then I'd like to exchange with people how to get a treble rom on it, or maybe create a custom rom, themes, or get samsung one ui theme engine on it, even if it's a go device...aso.
will I get a forum? ? ?

I'm not able to locate any XDA threads related to the Samsung Galaxy J4 Core, only the J4 and J4 +. Please post the threads you've mentioned in Misc Android Dev, when done give me a shout and I'll get an ET open. :good:

The first requirement for an ET, is threads.

Cheers. :)

thimprfct

Consider to create threads with your tutorials, tips & tricks etc. in this forum Android General and the threads might eventually be tagged with an ET or in turn receive a full device forum. For details how this is implemented, please refer to post #2 of this thread.

I'm not able to locate any XDA threads related to the Samsung Galaxy J4 Core, only the J4 and J4 +. Please post the threads you've mentioned in Misc Android Dev, when done give me a shout and I'll get an ET open. :good:

The first requirement for an ET, is threads.

Cheers. :)

THANK YOU VM!!! ???

I took already into consideration to post a thread.
but now I know where I can do that best & that I get some support when it becomes good.
thanks a lot for that. :)
cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Umidigi F2

Req: Sub forum for the Umidigi F2. It's just been released. XDA already has a sub forum for the Umidigi F1 so I am expectant that it will get similar levels of support. The model provides alot of bang for the buck.

Price is ranging from $180-240 with the higher end being folks who have it in stock NOW vs pre-sale or wait on inventory orders.

UMiDIGI F2 Smartphone Full Specification
Brand: UMiDIGI
Category: Smartphone
Processor (Clock): 4 x 2.1 GHz ARM Cortex-A73 4 x 1.95 GHz ARM Cortex-A53
Memory (RAM): 6GB, 1866MHz, LPDDR4X
Internal Storage (ROM): 128GB
Screen (Size & Type): 6.53 inches S-IPS FHD+
Camera Overview (Back/Front): 48MP / 32MP
OS Version: Android 10
TECHNICAL EXPERT OPINIONS AND RATING
The product overall rating and highlights is based on review by our technical experts. All ratings have been selected out of 10.

Body & Design (look and feel)9 / 10
Display Design & Feature9 / 10
Camera Quality (Both)10 / 10
Multimedia (Audio/Video)9 / 10
Available Features in Device9 / 10
Network & Internet Connectivity9 / 10
Call Quality & Internet9 / 10
User-Friendliness (How Easy)10 / 10
Overall Gadget Performance9 / 10
Battery Backup & Performance9 / 10
Value For Money (VFM)9 / 10
Key Features

Brand – UMiDIGI
Model – F2
Device Type – Android 4G Smartphone
CPU – 8 Cores 2.1 GHz 64-bit 4 x 2.1 GHz ARM Cortex-A73 4 x 1.95 GHz ARM Cortex-A53
Chipset – MediaTek Helio P70 (MT6771T), 64-Bit Processor
GPU – ARM Mali-G72 MP3, 900 MHz, 3 Cores
Camera – 48MP+13MP+5MP+5MP Dual-LED Flash and AF Rear Camera| 32MP Front Camera
Memory – RAM- 6GB LPDDR4x, 1866MHz | ROM 128GB External Memory Support Up to 512GB
Display – Screen size 6.53-inches S-IPS, FHD+ Multi-Touch Display (1080 x 2340 Pixels), 19:9 Ratio
Battery – Non-Removable 5150 mAh Lithium-Polymer
SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM), Dual Standby
Sensors – Proximity, Light, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint, Side-mounted capacitive fingerprint sensor
Color – Phantom Blue, Midnight Black
Operating System – Android 10
I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Slot, 1 x Nano SIM Slot, TF Card Slot, Type-C USB Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone
Dimensions – 162.6 mm x 77.7 mm x 8.7 mm
Weight – 201 Grams (With Battery)
More Features – Metal Frame and Glass Case Design, Speaker, S-IPS FHD+ Display, VoLTE, Three Camera Setup, Dual SIM, FHD Video Recording, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, GLONASS, Fast Charging Technology, FM Radio, NFC, VoLTE Support, 12V/1.5A, 9V/2A, 5V/2A Charger Output Power, MediaTek Pump Express Plus Quick Charging.

Last edited:
Micromax Evok Note

Micromax Evok Note (Micromax E453)
It have mtk6753 chipset, (same as that of coolpad note 3)

We have now introduced an Enhanced Tag system, this will bring devices a place within the XDA community which may have been forgotten in the past. These work differently to a forum, they only consist of a discussion page, which is fine for a device with a handful of threads available. They will appear in the device search, just like a full forum, but may have restrictions when accessed by applications such as tapatalk, and are not available for subscription. Those eagle-eyed members may also have noticed these don't have an actual location, they are as the name suggests, "tagged" to a page description.

These tagged threads are located in sections of the community that are allocated to a range of devices, such as Misc Android dev, when the ET is created the devices threads are "tagged" from these locations, subsequent threads created from within the ET, are allocated the tag automatically, threads created after the ET and created outside of it, are periodically swept-up and tagged.

When an ET grows to the point a discussion page becomes un-manageable and cumbersome for members to navigate, we will add the sub-forums and give the device full forum status. A general consensus on this is three pages. If anybody notices an ET with 3 pages or more, feel free to PM me, or point it out in this thread, we will look into getting it upgraded.

Please post any requests for an Enhanced Tag in this thread, just as you would a forum, just remember, no threads, no tag.

Some popular devices may have a forum allocated to them from the get-go, these are ones predicted to grow rapidly.

We hope this satisfies the ever increasing quantity of devices being released now.

Thanks to those who contribute to our great community:good:

FAQ

• Q: The ET's do not appear in the XDA Labs App? What gives?
Answer Here

• Q: I've seen tons of requests for a clone device, why have they gone unanswered?
Answer Here

• Q: My threads aren't showing in the ET discussion page, what's the score?
Answer Here

Thanos

Retired Senior Moderator - The Mad Titan
Jun 10, 2013
East Stroudsburg
Last edited:
Reactions: Lucchetto00

Abdess76

Jan 11, 2016
Hello,

Would it be possible to create a section for the Xiaomi Mix 3 5G in the Mix 3 forum please?

The Mix 3 5G has a different CPU from the Mix 3, so the roms of these two devices are not compatible with each other.
Separating these two models into sections could help prevent accidental flash errors.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

mrmanson07

Jul 11, 2015
Hello everyone! I come through this humbly to suggest the creation of a specific forum for the Motorola One Macro (XT2016-2) with all the features and apps ported and compatible with it. I also volunteer to be one of the App Testers, given my passion for technology and the art of programming. Thank you all for the opportunity.

Sent from my Motorola One Hyper using XDA Labs

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    20.9 KB · Views: 88

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Please create a forum for Micromax Canvas Evok Note E453.
I have already fully fixed TWRP For it.
Thank you!
That's great news! Thanks very much for your contribution to the benefit of all XDA members.
If this device receives a few more threads it will get an ET. For more information refer to post #2 of this thread, also when the device will qualify for a "full device forum".
Meanwhile, I suggest to post your TWRP here: Miscellaneous Android Development

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please create a thread for the device - Motorola G84 5G in the Motorola section Thank you!
    There's a forum for development if a device doesn't have a dedicated thread yet:
    Or also one for guides and tutorials:
    So, you might want to consider to encourage the developers you know to post their work there.

Our forum administrator addressed his stance just about 6 weeks ago in this thread:
    I don't understand it either. I mean, with all due respect, development is in progress for the device (I'm involved in it too; I'll launch a new Los build in the next few days). XDA is a great place for discussion and to show such progress (and also to incentivate it). We have other threads opened recently for devices which don't have any development at all (for instance, the X6 Pro, x6 neo, etc).

In any case, I will add posts in the indicated sections about the development I am undertaking if necessary.

Thanks and best
    Redmi Note 13 pro 5g/Poco x6
    Poco M6 Pro 4g (emerald)
    I would like to request a thread be created for the Moto Edge+. If this has already been done please include a link. I indeed did a search under manufacturer to no avail. Cheers
    Which one are you referring to as there's a few available? Here are a couple which already have a forum here, although I know there's a 2023 version aswell
    There's the Moto Edge + (2020):

There's also Moto Edge+ (2022):
    Please post all your requests here.

The forum admins choose new device forums carefully, based on several factors. There's no guarantee your device will have a forum created here, but feel free to posts your requests in this thread :)

Please do not send me a PM asking for a forum to be added.
    Android Car Stereo Radio Head Units

There are multiple devices in this category that seem to be served by a couple of monolithic threads that currently try to cover all the topics related to them. The two main categories of device seem to be HuiFei devices serviced by this thread (currently 9118 posts) and the AN-21 U devices by this thread (currently 6484 posts). Both devices ideally would have their own sub-forum as they are quite distinct development wise however a "Android Car Stereo Radio Head Units" forum would be a substantial improvement. Thanks.
    Samsung Galaxy S Duos

Listen........................................

There should be a forum for Galaxy S Duos..since there are a lot of thread discussing further development on this device.

There are many ROMs like :

So please LISTEN..LISTEN...LISTEN...LISTEN.. to us
    A Forum for this device[Galaxy S Duos] is must
    Please Create a forum for S Duos... ASAP..!
    Please consider creating a forum specific for the SD 778 based galaxy a52s 5g. I'm sure samsung will sell a lot of these so a dedicated forum would help to avoid confusion with the regular SD 750 based galaxy A52 5g...
    Hey there, recently All of the LG Optimus L line phones, have had their Locked bootloaders hacked and now have fully functional ROOT, ClockworkMod and soon to begin cooking ROMS, thats why we need a device forums not 300 pages threads (u basicaly cant find the stuff that was posted 1week ago anymore, its a big mess there) in L7/L5 or L3 threads, ( L3 have official Cyanogen Support and soon others will have it too ) So Please Please create device forums for us... You can create them into one single big group, believe me these devices are quite popular

Device list that missing the forums:

LG Optimus L3 E400
    LG Optimus L5 E610
    LG Optimus L7 P700/P705

Device list that already have a forum:
    LG Optimus L9 (ALREADY HAVE A FORUM)