[Q] Odin/pc doesn't recognize my samsung galaxy ace s5830i

Search This thread

poperdie

May 24, 2012
Hello,

Im all new in this forums and i just got my just got my first smartphone, a samsung galaxy ace with android 2.3.6

I tried to root it on my windows 7 laptop with superoneclickroot. this didnt work so i flashed AceGingerRoot with the stock recovery and it succeeded. After this i tried to flash ClockWorkModRecovery with the stock revovery and the original version didnt work so i downloaded ClockWorkAce.zip and flashed this with the stock recovery. After this i clicked reboot now. and after that my phone wouldnt boot anymore. I can turn it on but it then keeps getting stuck at the boot screen with samsung galaxy ace gt s5830i on it... I can get into recovery mode and into download mode and i looked on some forums and they told me to just flash the stock rom with odin. I tried this and got my phone in download/odin mode (it says odin mode but idk if it is download or odin mode) but my pc and laptop both dont recognize the phone, but my pc actually says: ''unknown device is ready for use'' but in odin the white box thingy with com port mapping above it doesnt become yellow, although i added the cooper.ops in the select ops box and i also added a 1 package in the one package option. oh, also when i plug the phone into the usb cable when its off it give a grey empty battery with a loading circle inside it on the phones screen

I only got my phone 1 day now so please help me, it would be REALLY REALLY appreciated

-poperdie

Last edited:

Fly-High

Mar 9, 2012
If this doesn't work you can try to install samsung kies. There are the drivers included, too;)

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011
Purchased your phone today and already bricked it? Bravo :p
Well bro install Samsung Kies, it'll install all necessary drivers for you ( most of cases)
Then try ODIN and it'll recognize your device or go to samfirmware.com and you'll find everything of your need.
and you need to be very careful now on selecting anything for your device as its GT-s5830I not standard version GT-s5830. So must of the stuff will not work only S5830I things will work

Last edited:

poperdie

May 24, 2012
Try to install samsung usb drivers.the download mode volume down+home+power button...:)

thnx for the advice, i installed the drivers but still isn't working :(

Bootloader okay... (phew)

Then give it a go, at least you can get into download/recovery mode :D

Hmm, I might look into getting you a flashable stock recovery for 5830i... but don't rely on it :p

If this doesn't work you can try to install samsung kies. There are the drivers included, too;)

I installed kies and the drivers but still doesnt recognize :(, but i installed other drivers than you posted so i'll give it a try and will let you know, you think i can still fix this problem? i thought it would be fixable cuz i can still enter recovery and download mod, thnx for the quick answer

Well bro install Samsung Kies, it'll install all necessary drivers for you ( most of cases)
Then try ODIN and it'll recognize your device or go to samfirmware.com and you'll find everything of your need.
and you need to be very careful now on selecting anything for your device as its GT-s5830I not standard version GT-s5830. So must of the stuff will not work only S5830I things will work

ah, didnt think of that that little i after the s8530 would make so much difference, again thnx for the quick answer

Harry GT-S5830

Apr 9, 2012
thnx for the advice, i installed the drivers but still isn't working :(

I installed kies and the drivers but still doesnt recognize :(, but i installed other drivers than you posted so i'll give it a try and will let you know, you think i can still fix this problem? i thought it would be fixable cuz i can still enter recovery and download mod, thnx for the quick answer

ah, didnt think of that that little i after the s8530 would make so much difference, again thnx for the quick answer

Close Kies in Task Manager, it interupts Odin *make sure its 4.42*

Reactions: poperdie

poperdie

May 24, 2012
cant i just choose ''appy update from sdcard'' in the recovery mode and choose a stock firmware from there?

poperdie

May 24, 2012
The Cyanogenmod9 isnt for the 5830i - it will brick it more (perhaps past rescue)

Could i please have a link to the Stock ROM you got on SamMobile?

i didnt get it from sammobile is i couldnt download one from there. The cyanogenmod 7.2 is there for the s5830i? or your custom rom is avalaible for it? Thnx for putting all the effort in just to help me. i got the firmware from here: http://www.samsdroid.com/2011/12/s5830xwkt7-android-236-gingerbread.html prolly isnt for the s5830i either but odin still cant recognize my phone so i cant even try to flash it

Reactions: Harry GT-S5830

Harry GT-S5830

Apr 9, 2012
i didnt get it from sammobile is i couldnt download one from there. The cyanogenmod 7.2 is there for the s5830i? or your custom rom is avalaible for it? Thnx for putting all the effort in just to help me. i got the firmware from here: http://www.samsdroid.com/2011/12/s5830xwkt7-android-236-gingerbread.html prolly isnt for the s5830i either but odin still cant recognize my phone so i cant even try to flash it

Unfortunately the 5830i Has no custom ROMS as of yet, ill extract some firmware appropriate to your device and see if I can help you.

I need to know when your device stopped booting

I also need a copy and paste of your odin log when you attempt to flash (the text in the bottom left of application)

Harry GT-S5830

Apr 9, 2012
Try installing this in your recovery, you may have to name it update.zip, it is a cwm for your 5830i that you had on the link.

(Standard disclaimer, if it doesn't work and messes up your device further- I apologise very much, but you agree to take no action. By trying this you agree to it)

Attachments

• ClockWorkRec5830i.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 525

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GOOD NEWS for all of u

Hi all, I got the same problem like u all faced here. After took me one whole day, finally i find out the way to flash samsung galaxy ace s5830i. :D

1st of all u need to get ready following items:
    - Pit file
    - S5830i Firwmware
    - ODIN 1.85
    - MultiloaderX_v5.65
    - n also the driver provided by Harry GT-S5830 in #3 post :)

How to put S5830i into DOWNLOAD MODE ??
    1) Swith on your phone n connect to usb cable n wait for the driver installed
    2) Open up multiloaderx_v5.65.exe n click search port while holding HOME button
    n now ur phone will boot into DOWNLOAD MODE ( sounds weird right :D but it works )
    3) Open up ODIN 1.85 n u'll see ur device is detected at ID:COM in yellow color
    4) Insert PIT : COOPERVE_0623. PIT
    PDA : TAR.MD5 that u downloaded
    5) Click start
    Process will took about 1 minutes time to b done

Now sit back n relax ..~~ :)

I've done this for 5 set... ~~ :)
    Hope this could help u all ~ :)

;) don't forget to said thanks ~~ ;)
    Hi, I have the same problem as you: installed a wrong CMW and got stuck on the Samsung logo at boot, and now when I enter the recovery console, it says:
    Code:
    -- Appling Multi-CSC --
    E:failed to mount /system (Invalid argument)
    I know that's bad...

I hope this summary is of use to anyone else who reads this:

I downloaded ClockWorkRec5830i.zip from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23753099 and it works, but when I try to do a backup, it also gives me the
    Code:
    "Can't mount /system"
    error.

I downloaded the latest firmware for India (I'm currently there and got into this much trouble because I don't have 3g reception) "Official Gingerbread 2.3.6: DDKQ8 (India)" from this page: http://acetips.wordpress.com/roms-wiki/, and Odin 1.87 (GT-S5830i Flasher + Pit.rar) from sammobile.com. Strange thing, the boot logo in my cellphone says GT-25830M, whilst in ODIN MODE it says "PRODUCT NAME: GT-S5830i", so I searched sammobile for 5830i instead of 5830M (there is nothing for 5830M).

Same as you, Odin 4.38 does not recognize my phone, but 1.87 does, so I tried with that one:
    I got SIM, SD and battery out of cellphone, connected it to the PC, kept pressed Vol+ and Vol-, put on the battery, and the cellphone gives me the warning about installing a custom OS. I press Vol+ key, got into what I think is Download Mode. I'm not sure here because from what I've read, this is what people describe as download mode, there is even a sign in the bottom that says:
    Code:
    Downloading...
    Do not turn off target!!
    BUT, the title says ODIN MODE. I'm really confused here... am I missing something?:
    1. Vol+ and Vol- take me to ODIN MODE
    2. Vol+, Home and Power take me to Recovery console
    3. _____________________ take me to Download mode

Anyways, while being in this ODIN MODE, I loaded the .pit file included with Odin 1.87, and the Indian firmware in the PDA section, clicked start, and got:
    Code:
     Added!!
     Enter CS for MD5..
     Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
     Please wait..
     S5830DDKQ8_S5830ODDKQ7_S5830DDKQ8_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
     Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
     Leave CS..
     Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
     File analysis..
     SetupConnection..
    but it's stuck there...

How did you manage to get past this?
    Have you found a solution yet?

Thank you very much

[EDIT]

Finally solved the problem!
    I couldn't get past the "Setup Connection" because the USB ports in my PC are not USB 2.0 capable. I was pretty sure they were, but it turns out thery're not.
    I tried in another PC, and voilà!.
    BTW, I used Odin 1.87 and my phone is a 5830i model.

Download mode & odin mode r d same.
    U flashed ddkq8 on 5830i?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda premium
    k, still had it in there ye, i succesfully flashed pda.tar from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23753099 but still not booting :(

Did you get round to flashing cwm recovery?

Sent from my HTC Explorer using XDA
    Bootloader okay... (phew)

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOBILES/Samsung/SAMSUNG-USB-Driver-1480.shtml

Then give it a go, at least you can get into download/recovery mode :D

Hmm, I might look into getting you a flashable stock recovery for 5830i... but don't rely on it :p