[Expert advice needed] [HELP Reqd] Wifi connecting but not working...why?

Search This thread

death__machine

May 6, 2012
Dubai
My Phone does the exact same thing when connecting to this cafe router(I go there everyday) there'll be a good signal but I won't be able to use internet. And I'm pretty sure this started after flashing 1.39. Home wifi and a few others work fine. Tried two roms on this hboot till now.

So I can't exactly reset my phone can I? To try to solve this problem that is.

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
My Phone does the exact same thing when connecting to this cafe router(I go there everyday) there'll be a good signal but I won't be able to use internet. And I'm pretty sure this started after flashing 1.39. Home wifi and a few others work fine. Tried two roms on this hboot till now.

So I can't exactly reset my phone can I? To try to solve this problem that is.

Give it a try, i don't really think that is a permanent solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some routers will give you a bit of **** when trying to connect to them, had a similar issue when trying to connect to my Belkin N at home and fixed by:

1.Open command prompt on your notebook that is connected to your wireless network and type "ipconfig/all"
    2.Make a note of your Default Gateway ie 192.xxx,.x.x
    3. On your HOX whilst connected to your wireless network go into settings press on wifi.
    3.Long press on your wireless network name.
    4.select modify network and select "show advanced options"
    5.Make sure "none" is selected in proxy settings.
    6.Make sure "static" is selected in ip settings.
    7.The default gateway you noted should be entered into IP address on your phone however change the last number so if the last number is 2 change it to a 3 to keep in your routers address range.(Make sure it isnt the same as DNS 2 on your phone)
    7.Enter the Default Gateway you noted in gateway on your phone as is.
    8.Set network prefix length to 24.
    9.In DNS 1 on your phone enter the Default Gateway address you noted as is.
    10.In DNS 2 on your phone enter the Default gateway settings you noted however the last number should be changed to the following number so if the number is a 2 change to a 3.
    I believe your right that you have a different issue to the infamous grip of life wifi issue.
    If you did suffer the grip of life problem you would struggle getting a connection with your/any router, (unless you squeezed your phone) you don't struggle connecting to the router so don't do the "squeeze test" or it could damage the phone further.

I'm no expert with your issue, but if it happens on stock rom then it could be hardware related, but you already know this.

Best of luck and sorry I can't help further.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2
    Re: Wifi connecting but not working...why?

Did you confirm the question about the kernel in the aroma installer with

NO
    try another rom and look at this https://www.google.com.eg/url?sa=t&...=iE4QN-z9TWrcqS0p2kqaZw&bvm=bv.41524429,d.Yms
    and if your phone's signal is weak even beside the router you have the problem in the link above
    I am having the exact same issue, was having it with ICS too! However i think its router dependant because here in my apartment in finland i get the issue, but back home on my router at home it doesn't happen at all! Its definately not a hardware problem it has something to do with software or configuration. Is there an official bug identified by HTC that we can track or something? Its so annoying having to disable wifi cause you know if you leave it enabled you won't get whatsapp notifications after a while :(

oh also for the record the same router that my OneX stops sending/receiving data from has no issues with my older desire HD, wifi works on it perfectly