[KERNEL][SM_N9005/T][KitKat 4.4.2 Samsung based roms] CivZ-SnapKat-Rev2.0 (FauxSound-Intelli-Led-Synapse-mdnie-...)[24/feb/2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
[KERNEL][SM_N9005/T][KitKat 4.4.2 Samsung based roms] CivZ-SnapKat-Rev2.0 (FauxSound-Intelli-Led-Synapse-mdnie-...)[24/feb/2014]

Note:
This Kernel is based on the Samsung 4.4.2 source.
I'm not a developer and not pretending to be one, I'm a android enthusiast.
Take it as it is and don't complain as this is free.
No requests.

Thanks to
  • wootever, faux123, yank555, myfluxi, imoseyon & angelom.
  • Andreilux for the Synapse app.
  • .........Sorry if I forget someone please contact me and I will add you with pleasure.........

This couldn't be possible without the XDA members mentioned above.

Installation:
  • KNOX counter will be tripped to 0x01
  • Make a EFS backup
  • You need to be on the new KitKat bootloader & Samsung 4.4.2 based rom
  • Install custom recovery.
  • Flash with custom recovery

SM-N9005/900T
Moved back to the rom thread

Tip for the kernel SnapKat followers see my signature for updates. No official thread anymore, sorry.

Note on Custom kernel:
There will be a warning at reboot : KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING = this is normal.
Screen mirroring will probably not work as this is a problem with all custom kernels.

Based on Samsung original KitKat source

Source @ Github

Changes compared to stock kernel.
  • Selinux status = Permissive
  • NTFS R/W support with the use of Paragon (see playstore)
  • ExFat
  • XZ compressed
  • Build in init.d support
  • insecure & adb insecure
  • Power suspend driver_1.2 @ Faux123
  • Synapse control added with various options: CPU control; Kernel controls...
  • Led control_1.1 @ Yank555.lu (Only on SM_N9005)
  • mdnie control_1.3 and synapse support @ Wootever
  • Faux Sound_3.2 @ Faux123 & Wootever
  • 2.88GHz Maximum overclock (unlock with Synapse app)
  • TouchBoostdriver Min frequency locked = no more jumping to 1.1GHz as minimum frequency
  • Voltage control thanks to myfluxi & synapse voltage control thanks to wootever. (Only on SM_N9005)
  • Intelli HotPlug_2.0 & ECO Mode @ Faux123
  • GPU Overclocking up to 533MHz
  • Governors: Intellidemand , Conservative , Adaptive , ondemand , wheatly , powersave , interactive , performance.
  • Schedulers: cfq , noop , bfq , deadline , vr , row , fiops , fifo , sio , zen.
  • OC Unlock / lock setting in Synapse = Default is set at 2.265GHz stock speed. = Replacement for maximum frequency lock (Based on angelom max_limit)

Attention:
Led Extended control:
ONLY SUPPORTED ON SM_N9005

Voltage control:
The Higher your Maximum Frequency to less you can undervolt. The maximum undervolting is -40mV on synapse.
I recommend you use the synapse app only to control the kernel.

Synapse:
I recommend you use the include Synapse app to control the kernel feature. All build in features are supported with the synapse app.

Remember the Synapse app is created by Andreilux but if there are problems with the kernel and Synapse it is a kernel problem and not a app problem!!!!! Don't under-rate the Synapse app because of this. The Synapse app needs a kernel that support it, crashing is always a script error in the kernel and not in the app

Example of what it synapse looks like NOT representative for the one in the kernel !
Image1_zps21640d50.png

XDA:DevDB Information
SNAPKAT Kernel for SM_N9005/900T, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
civato
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: New samsung Kitkat bootloader
Based On: Only Samsung TouchWiz based 4.4.2 roms

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2014-02-12

Created 2014-02-12
Last Updated 2014-02-24

blacklabel2020

Sep 4, 2009
Chandler
I'm using N900T 1.2 my phone looks that it's working but my screen won't turn on

Now it's freezing up the phone

Last edited:

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
Man. Is it screwin with the tmo phones. He'll have that fixed shortly.
Always does
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

mR.fR34ky

Dec 26, 2011
Leuven
What is exacty power suspend driver? And it is better than the default one? I cannot find any info with google :/ thx

oh and why you keep changing the mhz/mv values? In the katturbine kernel was 759mv for 300mhz now it is 775 :( aka default isnt it?

Last edited:

LaZer713

Jul 1, 2013
Hi Civato thanks for your effort on keep updating this Kernel, but i got some problems, i can't watch 5m video on youtube it freezes and restart. All default just put governor Ondemand.

gonna send log.

civato

Apr 20, 2011
I'm using N900T 1.2 my phone looks that it's working but my screen won't turn on

Now it's freezing up the phone

+1
Happens to me as well n900t

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
like saying it was bad weather . More info.

What is exacty power suspend driver? And it is better than the default one? I cannot find any info with google :/ thx

oh and why you keep changing the mhz/mv values? In the katturbine kernel was 759mv for 300mhz now it is 775 :( aka default isnt it?
Take a look at github. Voltage then you get your answer. This is custom kernel development . I EXPECT that the user takes some time to read. If not best to stick to stock.
+1 N900w8

All the previous versions works perfectly
same as others. No more info about what governor ....... this is just talk.

Note to all users.
I need info . Not just it freezes. Wel the same here it is winter after all.
If no more info is provided the 900T support will be dropped as I dont have that phone.

EDIT.
PLEAS DON'T BE OFENDED AS THIS IS SEND WITH MY PHONE AND HATE TO TYPE LONG MESSAGES.

Last edited:
Reactions: billavg and Khizar

blacklabel2020

Sep 4, 2009
Chandler
like saying it was bad weather . More info.

Take a look at github. Voltage then you get your answer. This is custom kernel development . I EXPECT that the user takes some time to read. If not best to stick to stock.
same as others. No more info about what governor ....... this is just talk.

Note to all users.
I need info . Not just it freezes. Wel the same here it is winter after all.
If no more info is provided the 900T support will be dropped as I dont have that phone.

After flashing the phone with the kernel and letting it boot up and everything. If you put the phone to sleep for a few then try to wake it up the screen won't turn on but you can see the led light up if you got a notification but the buttons don't light up on the button. With the freezing part of it. If you start playing around with the phone opening apps and stuff the phone will freeze. Or trying to set the kernels settings will cause it to freeze up

antt00

Jul 31, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
After flashing the phone with the kernel and letting it boot up and everything. If you put the phone to sleep for a few then try to wake it up the screen won't turn on but you can see the led light up if you got a notification but the buttons don't light up on the button. With the freezing part of it. If you start playing around with the phone opening apps and stuff the phone will freeze. Or trying to set the kernels settings will cause it to freeze up

Get logs or something. We don't even know what rom you are using.

For the record, I have had no issue with the kernel both the "unreleased" 1.1 or 1.2. Running smoothly on xnote. Not a single restart or freezing. :good:

Reactions: civato

aldoblaga

Dec 19, 2009
Cluj Napoca

same thing here...runs awesome, benchmarks well, no freezes until i turn the screen off, go get a coffee...come back and as soon as i get it out of standby, it ll reboot or freeze...if it reboots, it works ok for about 5 mins and restarts again. If it reboots another time, synaps resets...but in another 5 minutes of scrolling around facebook or some other app/webpage...it reboots again - so that s even with stock everything. It s a shame... i have a n9005 i m from Romania.

Keep up the good work man!

PS - Running x-note rom 9.0

Last edited:
Reactions: civato

civato

Apr 20, 2011

What pvs-bin you got . 1or 3. And are you using inttelidemand governor. Im going to update that governor as I causes some problems on my phone. That is the only problem I'm having. Inttelidemand 5.0. So next will be back 4.7 as that one was stable on kitkat.

Next you had the same problem on rev 1.1 if I'm correct. In that version was no powersuspend driver and no dynamic fsync. I will make a version without touch driver edit and see if that solves the problem.

mR.fR34ky

Dec 26, 2011
Leuven
What pvs-bin you got . 1or 3. And are you using inttelidemand governor. Im going to update that governor as I causes some problems on my phone. That is the only problem I'm having. Inttelidemand 5.0. So next will be back 4.7 as that one was stable on kitkat.

Next you had the same problem on rev 1.1 if I'm correct. In that version was no powersuspend driver and no dynamic fsync. I will make a version without touch driver edit and see if that solves the problem.

No issues on n9005. Pvs_bin3 xnote 9.0 undervolted by 30mv
Intellidemand govenor, intellihotplug plus powersuspend on. Deadline io with 1024

Last edited:
Reactions: aldoblaga

JYJY

Jul 21, 2012

Mine is running just fine.

aldoblaga

Dec 19, 2009
Cluj Napoca
No issues on n9005. Pvs_bin3 xnote 9.0 undervolted by 30mv
Intellidemand govenor, intellihotplug plus powersuspend on. Deadline io with 1024

This setting seems to work for me too...so far...thanks!

Worked fine for 1 hour...then crashed/rebooted...i m back on stock. Really looking forward to further improvements...

Last edited:

civato

Apr 20, 2011
Hi Civato thanks for your effort on keep updating this Kernel, but i got some problems, i can't watch 5m video on youtube it freezes and restart. All default just put governor Ondemand.

gonna send log.
try rev1.1 previous version, i see a sync error. maybe it got to do with dynamic fsync. Rev1.1 dosn't have dynamic fsync.
Also a app battery widget giving a lot of errors.

Reactions: Khizar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Note:
    This Kernel is based on the Samsung 4.4.2 source.
    I'm not a developer and not pretending to be one, I'm a android enthusiast.
    Take it as it is and don't complain as this is free.
    No requests.

Thanks to
    • wootever, faux123, yank555, myfluxi, imoseyon & angelom.
    • Andreilux for the Synapse app.
    • .........Sorry if I forget someone please contact me and I will add you with pleasure.........

This couldn't be possible without the XDA members mentioned above.

Installation:
    • KNOX counter will be tripped to 0x01
    • Make a EFS backup
    • You need to be on the new KitKat bootloader & Samsung 4.4.2 based rom
    • Install custom recovery.
    • Flash with custom recovery

SM-N9005/900T
    Moved back to the rom thread

Tip for the kernel SnapKat followers see my signature for updates. No official thread anymore, sorry.

Note on Custom kernel:
    There will be a warning at reboot : KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING = this is normal.
    Screen mirroring will probably not work as this is a problem with all custom kernels.

Based on Samsung original KitKat source

Source @ Github

Changes compared to stock kernel.
    • Selinux status = Permissive
    • NTFS R/W support with the use of Paragon (see playstore)
    • ExFat
    • XZ compressed
    • Build in init.d support
    • insecure & adb insecure
    • Power suspend driver_1.2 @ Faux123
    • Synapse control added with various options: CPU control; Kernel controls...
    • Led control_1.1 @ Yank555.lu (Only on SM_N9005)
    • mdnie control_1.3 and synapse support @ Wootever
    • Faux Sound_3.2 @ Faux123 & Wootever
    • 2.88GHz Maximum overclock (unlock with Synapse app)
    • TouchBoostdriver Min frequency locked = no more jumping to 1.1GHz as minimum frequency
    • Voltage control thanks to myfluxi & synapse voltage control thanks to wootever. (Only on SM_N9005)
    • Intelli HotPlug_2.0 & ECO Mode @ Faux123
    • GPU Overclocking up to 533MHz
    • Governors: Intellidemand , Conservative , Adaptive , ondemand , wheatly , powersave , interactive , performance.
    • Schedulers: cfq , noop , bfq , deadline , vr , row , fiops , fifo , sio , zen.
    • OC Unlock / lock setting in Synapse = Default is set at 2.265GHz stock speed. = Replacement for maximum frequency lock (Based on angelom max_limit)

Attention:
    Led Extended control:

Voltage control:
    The Higher your Maximum Frequency to less you can undervolt. The maximum undervolting is -40mV on synapse.
    I recommend you use the synapse app only to control the kernel.

Synapse:
    I recommend you use the include Synapse app to control the kernel feature. All build in features are supported with the synapse app.

Remember the Synapse app is created by Andreilux but if there are problems with the kernel and Synapse it is a kernel problem and not a app problem!!!!! Don't under-rate the Synapse app because of this. The Synapse app needs a kernel that support it, crashing is always a script error in the kernel and not in the app

Example of what it synapse looks like NOT representative for the one in the kernel !
    Image1_zps21640d50.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    SNAPKAT Kernel for SM_N9005/900T, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    civato
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: New samsung Kitkat bootloader
    Based On: Only Samsung TouchWiz based 4.4.2 roms

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-02-12

Created 2014-02-12
    Last Updated 2014-02-24
    Note to all users:
    This is development thread , meaning that it is not meant to be a **** shat place.
    I thought it was a good idea to make a different thread for the kernel ony, was I wrong. Second I was asked to build a 900T version, I do not own that device so I cannot test it. I'm not a developer! And with messages like "my phone crashes" it is just a wast of time.
    As it seems many users don't understand that and don't understand that this is a custom kernel it seems more fit to me as it is my free time that tomorrow I will delete this thread and the kernel will only be available in my rom or any other rom that the rom builder contacted me. No more problems for me. And no more support. I'm to old for this sh!t.
    I'm closing it now.
    ciao.

ps: on my phone I got this with Rev1.4 (see attachment)
    with 1.3... ondemand i can run antutu with 2.7...:good:....with 1.4 i cannot anymore...:p....strange....:confused:
    First stop using ondemand, kitkat default governor is interactive, ondemand puts unnecessary load on the system. (I'm thinking of removing it)
    Second if you would read changes then you see that kitkat voltage table is back meaning it got lower default voltage -25mV.
    Third, overclocking is a + and not something that is guaranteed.
    Fourth, if people keep thinking that 2.7 and 2.8 is something that is really a must then I will remove those speed in public releases as I'm sick of telling this over and over again.

sixth, you earlier post this
    I have the same problem with my n9005 ..!!
    from the first version of civatos kernel until the newest version i always have random reboots and freezings..:confused:
    and then you complain about rev1.4 not allowing 2.7 and 2.8.
    My goal is a stable kernel with options/features to control it. No to drain the battery like hell.
    That is why there is a overclock lock in the kernel that the user controls.
    Not all devices are the same.

Don't take it the wrong way this is aimed to all users that keep complaining about not reaching 2.7 or 2.8GHz.
    I could jump the voltage higher but what do you want? A phone that runs smooth and fast or a phone that drains the battery is 6 hours?
    I can run 2.7 and 2.8 but that is my phone.
    I don't run it all day , I run 2.49GHz as daily speed.

#######################################################################
    can you share again your settings of the kernel in synapse?

• Intellidemand
    • 2496MHz scaling freq
    • 2496000 Lock overclocking
    • -20mV
    • Intelli_hotplug enabled
    • freq limit temp = 85°C
    • Freq Hys = 5°C
    • Core limit =95°C
    • Core Hyst = 5°C
    • PSM limit temp = 90°C
    • PSM hys = 85°C
    • Freq step = 1
    • cpu_boost left it untouched
    • GPU left it untouched
    • I/O internal cfq 512kb
    • I/O external cfq 1024kb
    • FSYNC enabled as this is the best
    • Kernel options left untouched
    • Sound Headset volume +6
    • Led Brightness 50
    • Screen enable mdnie blacklevel = 0.39%
    i cant understand why you guys are whinying so much about this overclock issue.....civato said time & again that 2.7 & 2.8 doesnt always work on all processors...you guys still scale it that high & when you run into trouble...you blame the kernel....please dont do this & make civato quit working on the kernel....devs do these awesome works in their free time... they are not being paid to....yet you are enjoying features that didnt come as standard for free..... please give proper respect to the kernel.....the major point of a mod is absolutely stability.....& this kernel delivers perfectly in that aspect
    ONLY FOR THE 900T users here a beta rev1.3 = Fianl attempt , if this doesn't work it is over for the 900T as I don't have this device

The 9005 users will get a official release in OP later tonight.
    Please once you start overclocking and undervolting I don't take any complaints about stabilty.