[APP] Vibration Center - Take control of your watch's vibration

Search This thread

matejdro

Jul 9, 2009
uCrBAbb.png

After switching from Pebble to Android Wear, I have noticed I kept missing notifications. I did not feel the vibration, but when checking the watch later, missed notifications were there.

It turns out that not only is the vibration motor on my SW3 significantly weaker than on my Pebble, most apps also only vibrate for like one millisecond, making them easy to miss.

While there are already apps that try to mitigate this issue, none of them really satisfied my requirements, so I have decided to make my own.

So what does this app do?

Simply put, after Android Wear finishes its puny barely-noticeable vibration, Vibration Center will kick in and do a good shake to your wrist, making sure you absolutely notice this notification. However:

• It will do so intelligently (no useless vibrations for notifications that do not actually appear on the watch)
  • Vibration pattern is customizable and can be set differently for each app
  • If you are still afraid of missing notifications, you can enable alarm mode that vibrates restlessly until you dismiss it manually. It even comes with the snooze button.
  • It comes with plenty of spam filter options, making sure that your wrist is not shaken too much
  • It comes with on-watch mute feature that can either mute all vibrations for some time (for example when in a meeting or in a theater) or it can mute specific app until you deal with it later (for example if you are in group chat and they are having spammy conversation that would otherwise buzz your wrist every half a second)
  • There is full tasker integration
  • It is completely free and open source

S4Q0cVt.png
uQSWtYc.png
rhzcauN.png

XDA:DevDB Information
Vibration Center, Device Specific App for the Android Wear

Contributors
matejdro
Source Code: https://github.com/matejdro/WearVibrationCenter

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0.3

Created 2017-02-05
Last Updated 2017-02-10

Attachments

• reminder_round_emu_framed.png
    reminder_round_emu_framed.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 319
  • mute_options_square_framed.png
    mute_options_square_framed.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 303
  • app_mute_round_framed.png
    app_mute_round_framed.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 297
  • timed_mute_square_framed.png
    timed_mute_square_framed.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 313
  • phone_per_app.png
    phone_per_app.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 305
  • phone_spam_filter.png
    phone_spam_filter.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 307
  • phone_tasker_options.png
    phone_tasker_options.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Mikegrmn

Aug 24, 2013
matejdro, is there another way to donate or help with your project? I've used a pebble before and I'm glad you provided this app. I can now at least recognize my notifications on the watch. Before, I mostly missed them.

If there's nothing I can do to help, I at least wanted to thank you.

matejdro

Jul 9, 2009
matejdro, is there another way to donate or help with your project? I've used a pebble before and I'm glad you provided this app. I can now at least recognize my notifications on the watch. Before, I mostly missed them.

If there's nothing I can do to help, I at least wanted to thank you.

Donate button is in the app. Thanks!

pepelepieux

Oct 14, 2006
Paris
Hello,

Thank you for your app. I can have custom pattern vibrations for all my apps except Outlook.
Outlook just sticks to its default watch pattern.

Any idea?

Thanks

matejdro

Jul 9, 2009
Default pattern will always be there (unless you put the watch into do not disturb). Vibration Center will vibrate in addition to default pattern.

boneym

Jul 19, 2007
Matejdro, is there any way for your app to vibrate when the Bluetooth connection to the phone cuts, like out of range?

g0rnex

Dec 14, 2011
gent
Not working on my new doogee s90 pro. First time on android 9.
when launching the app it says the service is not running. When I go to settings > vibration center does have notification access.

fcaronte

Nov 4, 2011
I can't understand if I'm doing something wrong but can't make work on my TicWatch 3 pro. On MIUI phone I enable all possible permission and notification access

g0rnex

Dec 14, 2011
gent
Hey does this still work? on my galaxy watch 5 i cant get the watch app installed.
Im look for a way to set up 30 sec vibrations for certain apps. So 'feel the wear' is not doing for me. not long enough

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uCrBAbb.png

After switching from Pebble to Android Wear, I have noticed I kept missing notifications. I did not feel the vibration, but when checking the watch later, missed notifications were there.

It turns out that not only is the vibration motor on my SW3 significantly weaker than on my Pebble, most apps also only vibrate for like one millisecond, making them easy to miss.

While there are already apps that try to mitigate this issue, none of them really satisfied my requirements, so I have decided to make my own.

So what does this app do?

Simply put, after Android Wear finishes its puny barely-noticeable vibration, Vibration Center will kick in and do a good shake to your wrist, making sure you absolutely notice this notification. However:

• It will do so intelligently (no useless vibrations for notifications that do not actually appear on the watch)
    • Vibration pattern is customizable and can be set differently for each app
    • If you are still afraid of missing notifications, you can enable alarm mode that vibrates restlessly until you dismiss it manually. It even comes with the snooze button.
    • It comes with plenty of spam filter options, making sure that your wrist is not shaken too much
    • It comes with on-watch mute feature that can either mute all vibrations for some time (for example when in a meeting or in a theater) or it can mute specific app until you deal with it later (for example if you are in group chat and they are having spammy conversation that would otherwise buzz your wrist every half a second)
    • There is full tasker integration
    • It is completely free and open source

S4Q0cVt.png
    uQSWtYc.png
    rhzcauN.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Vibration Center, Device Specific App for the Android Wear

Contributors
    matejdro
    Source Code: https://github.com/matejdro/WearVibrationCenter

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.3