[Ad hoc] Ad hoc problem on i9003 not solved

Search This thread

mohamadfar

May 30, 2009
Tehran
I read all post about ad hoc and I try all but not work. I want conncet my adsl internet on loptop to my i9003 (by loptop wif or usb or ...), but can't work I tired ...

I try this works, but not work:

1- Read Full: http://www.emoiz.com/how-to-connect-your-android-phone-to-ad-hoc-wifi-network

SC20110210-151957.png

2- http://www.connectify.me/

3- http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com

4- ZT-180 adhoc app

Plz help me to connct my i9003 to adhoc.
Thanx

Reactions: oudai

fooman123

Jan 9, 2011
Your barking up the wrong tree --

reverse tether is what your need to do - it is not complex just google around a bit.

jcbalunsat

Dec 9, 2008
Reverse tethering is the keyword. Google didnt post any? Im sure it will.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Premium App

fooman123

Jan 9, 2011
I google "Android Reverse tethering" now... only find 4 way I write in first post and no one of this work !!!

dude -

on the pc turn on connection sharing for Internet connected interface.
tether phone to pc
delete the default route on pc pointing to phone
add a default route to phone pointing to pc and you are done.

There is a base level of knowledge assumed in the above directions, if you can't figure it out - try it again later..

zszy

Jul 9, 2011
Nanjing
It is said that using win7 instead of XP can perfectly solve this problem, but my laptop is too old for win7. Bzeek creates an ad-hoc connection, I used a software which also creates one, but my device can't find it. WiFi Manager can find it, but it says "Android does not support connecting to Ad-Hoc(IBSS) type networks".

mohamadfar

May 30, 2009
Tehran
BZEEK & connectify & virtual router don't work with my Vaio loptop (LAN-Express AS IEEE 802.11g PCI-E Adapter)

Ad-hoc is most problem of android. Plz help ...

krazy_about_technology

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
If you are using Windows 7, you can use a hidden feature called HostedNetwork which essentially does the required thing, Creating a virtual wifi router. This functionality is in Windows 7 half baked, there is no UI for this but it works very nicely. To enable it:

1. Go to an Administrative command line window and run the following command:

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=<AnyName> key=<Any 8 character Password>

2. Configure Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

- Press Win Key+R, type ncpa.cpl in the Run dialog and hit enter.

- Select the interface that currently has Internet connection (like your Ethernet or normal wifi). Go to its properties, go to Sharing tab and then enable the sharing. Choose the special “hosted” interface (sometimes called a Virtual Wifi Miniport) in the drop down. Close the dialog by hitting OK.

3. Start the hosted interface by typing in this command on command line:

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

4. Connect to the internet using the dialer if you have one of those USB internet dongles.

Thats it, search for the Wifi network you created from your phone and connect to it. You're done!

Sometime, if you get an error while starting up the HostedInterface try doing this :

First, try rebuilding your tcp ip stack by doing the following:

1. Start an elevated/administrative command prompt window.
4: Type the command :
Code:
netsh int ip reset
in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.

5: Restart the computer.

If this doesn't help, then disable internet sharing. After that disable the HostedNetwork by using command:

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

After that restart your computer and set up the connections again.

By default when you share a internet connection it will automatically make the wifi mini port a DHCP server, however some phones may have an issue with this so you could also try setting a static IP address on the phone that is in the same class and subnet as your Virtual Miniport connection.

As a sub note when you set this up make sure you only have one wifi device available (i mean one physical device) if you have two wifi cards on your computer unplug one of them or disable it when you first setup the wifi mini port (the steps in my original post).

Hope this post be helpful to you. Good luck! :)

tu55h4r

Sep 19, 2011
I have tried all ways to get ad-hoc wifi on my phone , yet nothing till date seems to work.
1)wpa_supplicant method (Wifi Analyser can see the ad-hoc connection but can't connect)
2)reverse tether by bridging connections and then dhcp eth0 method (here this doesnt work because it only shows tiwlan0 and 'dhcpcd tiwlan0' doesnt work)
3)softwares like connectify , mhotspot etc do not work for me either.

Now i hope , developers come out for a way to provide this feature as soon as possible.

Hopefully , i find this link hxxp://code.google.com/p/adhoc-on-android/

Somebody pls get behind this! :)

Top Liked Posts