Q&A for twrp unofficial

Search This thread

simonsickle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2012
Maryville
simonsickle.com
Please post all comments concerns and questions in this thread. Thank you for your support

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Great work on this.

Any way to get exFAT working on this? It seems to be working fine on the version from Dees_Troy (my card is formatted exFAT).

The tree Dees_Troy put up is here: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_htc_m8_whl (I'm sure you already know this)

I also caught him on IRC yesterday and he said he'd look at any errors in the source tomorrow, as I was having issues building with it as-is. With all the additional updates you had to make, it's no wonder!

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I'm not sure can you give mine a try and tell me if your card mounts? I have nothing formatted to test it. As for the code I got it all cleaned up and working. I also fixed the segfaults :)

Sent from my HTC M8WHL
Looks like exFAT is working fine (though external SD isn't mounted by default). And great job on fixing the seg faults.

The one thing missing is offmode charging support, which I believe Dees_Troy did include on his tree. Besides that, it looks great.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Offmode charging just needs a bit of tweaking. Im working with the init files to get them fully working. I like to do things as clean as possible :)

Thanks for testing exfat btw
No problem. I took your version and updated the init.rc real quick and added the offmode_charging binary to /sbin to fix the offmode charging for myself in the meantime ;).

Reactions: simonsickle

simonsickle

Nov 25, 2012
Maryville
simonsickle.com
Hasoon just build the one in my github.... It's not stable enough for a actual release (exfat and such) either. So I'd prefer my work stays out of a toolkit for now. Until I fix kernel bugs please don't place it in the tool

Sent from my HTC M8WHL

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I see you don't want to share the one with your special source that's cool though....

I don't know what this means.

I'm still working on getting mine to build properly. There's a version in the OP here, one on the TeamWin site, and one in my thread. I'm not sure why you'd need another one.

When I get the source all worked out, I do plan on updating the version in my thread, but there do still appear to be some glitches with the recovery, so I wouldn't really recommend distributing it outside of the threads where they're posted.

I think that's enough OT for this thread. Sorry @simonsickle.

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Seems to working fine for me, and is pretty official being on twrp site, perhaps just infancy and would need update soon as new one was made official

~ TF101 on Timduru's Latest KISS Masterpiece
Currently OC'ed to 1.5, KatKernel

simonsickle

Nov 25, 2012
Maryville
simonsickle.com
Seems to working fine for me, and is pretty official being on twrp site, perhaps just infancy and would need update soon as new one was made official

~ TF101 on Timduru's Latest KISS Masterpiece
Currently OC'ed to 1.5, KatKernel

It's not ready. At all. The twrp site includes my fix for segfaults But there's no exfat yet. Be patient, and let bugs get worked out. I do not want to have to ignore people who lack technical skill because they flashed a buggy recovery.... And trust me they will complain if they just click a button to install it.

Sent from my HTC M8WHL

stacksptdtdm

Sep 19, 2010
new york
I have a question. I backed up using twrp but the back up is only 16mb? Is that right? Looks like it's only backing up boot

simonsickle

Nov 25, 2012
Maryville
simonsickle.com
Oh ok. Glad I'm not going crazy. Guess I'll just try not to edit things without having a back up. Thanks

I've got some experimental changes I'm testing. Was a small bug somewhere in the code. Also I'm going to build a kernel with write protection removed

Sent from my HTC M8WHL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated: Extremely stable recovery w/ offmode charging
    They're not full reboots (read: not kernel panic) they're ui reboots. I saw this issue with TWRP before on my Jewel when I had pulled in some specific patches on Gerrit (which have since been merged after being updated).

I still believe the issue is there, personally. I will continue investigating, as will @simonsickle I'm sure.

I've completely fixed segfaults. Ill explain later.

Sent from my HTC M8WHL
    Don't think I can make it through the weekend without rooting, but there are like 3 or 4 different recoveries floating around out here and all of them seem shaky at best. I don't need exFAT support, but I would like one that doesn't have "bad code" and doesn't reboot randomly.

Thanks.

Don't worry. I'm fixing offmode charging today and posting a new recovery :)

Sent from my HTC M8WHL
    It's locked up because it wants to do offmode changing. Also the little reason we haven't got an updated recovery is because I have had to redo some things in the device tree because I refuse to use a precompiled dtb :)

Got ntfs working.. ExFat is being picky. I have the nofuse in the kernel source. I'm hoping of having it completed by Monday

Sent from my HTC M8WHL