18W BoostMaster adapter

Search This thread
Just got the 4GB model ... No adapter here either. Although, I think I know the reason because I bought mine from Singapore instead of Taiwan. It also arrived without earphones ... Plus it has the 1.8GHz CPU instead of the 2.3GHz.

I am going to be returning this version once the Taiwanese version arrives. Hopefully that one will include the adapter. I'll keep you posted.

Remind me if I forget to update my post in a week. :D

jdaclutch

Mar 30, 2011
same here, not in my 2gb one, and just picked up the 4g 32gb one today also not included. Even trying to buy it on amazon, cant find it anywhere.

Reactions: savudragosh2

ddfault

Jul 19, 2010
Reactions: Overandout

jdaclutch

Mar 30, 2011
This phone uses Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 so any Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 car or wall charger on Amazon will work with this device!

Here is a quick listing of them on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...arch-alias=aps&field-keywords=quickcharge+2.0

I personally purchased this card charger and can confirm the QC 2.0 port quickly charges my ZE551ML with 4GB of Ram and the Z3580 Atom chip.
Getwow(TM) 28W Dual-Port Car Charger Adapter

I was actually looking at these chargers and wasnt sure about the boostmaster technology is just a rebranded of qualcoom quickcharge. Just order the anker charge, will give it a try. Thanks.

This phone uses Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 so any Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 car or wall charger on Amazon will work with this device!

Here is a quick listing of them on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...arch-alias=aps&field-keywords=quickcharge+2.0

I personally purchased this card charger and can confirm the QC 2.0 port quickly charges my ZE551ML with 4GB of Ram and the Z3580 Atom chip.
Getwow(TM) 28W Dual-Port Car Charger Adapter
Hey, where did you buy your ZF2?

Are you from the US?

aloy99

May 15, 2011
Just got the 4GB model ... No adapter here either. Although, I think I know the reason because I bought mine from Singapore instead of Taiwan. It also arrived without earphones ... Plus it has the 1.8GHz CPU instead of the 2.3GHz.

I am going to be returning this version once the Taiwanese version arrives. Hopefully that one will include the adapter. I'll keep you posted.

Remind me if I forget to update my post in a week. :D
Just to clarify, Singapore does not even have the 4GB model yet. And as far as I know, the 4GB and Z3560 model is only sold in Taiwan/China.
I bought the ZE550ML locally, and even that comes with the earphones. Which website did you buy your Zenfone from?

federalprisoner

Mar 23, 2011
Singapore
Just to clarify, Singapore does not even have the 4GB model yet. And as far as I know, the 4GB and Z3560 model is only sold in Taiwan/China.
I bought the ZE550ML locally, and even that comes with the earphones. Which website did you buy your Zenfone from?

Singapore does carry 4GB Model during its Launch Ceremony on 14th Feb 2015 but limited set (Silver Only) and cost SGD $499 (64GB) SGD $429 (32GB), i ordered the 2GB variants as the price to performance ratio is bang for the bucks

My Zenfone 2 ZE551ML SG Set 2GB Version doesn't comes with Quick Charger. I tried using my sister Note 4 Quick Charge Adapter, i can say that it works like a charm, Not as advertised 0-60 in 39 mins but the result was close:

Charger Specification
Note 4 Adaptive Fast Charge
DC - 9Volt/1.67A
DC - 5Volt/2.0A

(Im Yet to find a charger that is (9Volt/2A) in Singapore)

Time %
==================
8.08pm 4
8.23pm 38
8.38pm 55
8.53pm 75
9.08pm 84
9.23pm 97
9.32pm 100

My Observation

During the fast charge i noticed that @ 55% , my temperature was 39.3 degree @ 7.71 Volt. When it passes 60% mark, it start to charge slowly @ 75% mark, my temperature was @ 37.1 Degree @ 5.12 Volt, Approaching full charge, my temperature was @ 35.5 Degree 4.218 Volt.

Indeed the Fast Charge Works +1

Conclusion

Nevertheless which quick charger you use, there will be a significant damage done to the battery for prolong use as it allows more current into your battery causing your battery to heat up and temperature is the worst enemy in any electronic devices. Since Zenfone 2 has a built in battery, its unlike other flagship phone that has a removable battery, Fast Charger for this phone is a double edge sword.

My recommendation is to stick to a Fast Charge 1.0 charger or simply use the 5V/2A charger.

aloy99

May 15, 2011
Singapore does carry 4GB Model during its Launch Ceremony on 14th Feb 2015 but limited set (Silver Only) and cost SGD $499 (64GB) SGD $429 (32GB), i ordered the 2GB variants as the price to performance ratio is bang for the bucks
Ah yes, I forgot about the launch event. However, it would be highly unlikely and very troublesome if he ordered a device from overseas by getting someone who was invited to the event to purchase one for him.

It is a Chinese version, it just shipped from Singapore. I bought it from GearBest.

I bought the Taiwanese version from eBay. I read somewhere that it also excludes the charger. I bought a Qualcomm Quickcharge compatible charger from Amazon, those work with all ZF2's.

ozsap

Apr 24, 2015
How to?

Hi, I bought the 64 GB 4GB version from Taiwan which had the adapter BUT how do I know whether its the boostmaster enabled adapter? It doesn't say 18W though it says 9V!

yusoffb01

Dec 4, 2011

Think the shop took your earphones from package

Think the shop took your earphones from package
Lol that would be funny. But no, actually, the Chinese version does not include it in its original package. On the box, it says "ZE551ML 1.8GHz/4GB/32GB CN" while on the box of the one I bought from Taiwan says "ZE551ML 2.3GHz/4GB/32GB TW, includes HEADSET". The TAIWAN version also included the 9V adapter.

Reactions: Aceofzeroz

jdaclutch

Mar 30, 2011
Lol that would be funny. But no, actually, the Chinese version does not include it in its original package. On the box, it says "ZE551ML 1.8GHz/4GB/32GB CN" while on the box of the one I bought from Taiwan says "ZE551ML 2.3GHz/4GB/32GB TW, includes HEADSET". The TAIWAN version also included the 9V adapter.

I have the Hong Kong version, does not come with the quick charger. Ordered the anker quick charger, works like a charm. And ps there's a new update today

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-24-21-08-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-24-21-08-46.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,182

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What do you mean ? aukey does not quick charge the 550 ml? is there a different charging time to full between original asus charger over the aukey? how would one knows if the quick charging mechanism from the quick charge boost of zenfone 550 ml are activated or not? tnx

I solved the riddle, quick charge function is activated only when battery level is under 60%.

After discharged at 58%, i have tried again with the aukey charger and quick charge work. :):):)

When Quick Charge is active you can see "Quick Charging" on lock screen and a "+" symbol con battery icon.
    Just to clarify...

This phone does *NOT* use Qualcom Quick Charge 2.0 standard. It does not contain ANY Qualcom hardware period as it has a Intel CPU...

Asus' "Boostmaster" 18watt charger is not the same standard as Qualcom Quick Charge 2.0.

Well the Qualcomm quick charger works and quick charges it. Arstechnica also verified this. Here are some screenshots with the Asus one and my Motorola Turbo (Qualcomm quick charger)

If you look at he images there is no difference between the charging speeds when I use either one. I also have a 30W Qualcomm quick charger but the phone won't use that much power to charger. It should (maybe unofficially) uses the same standard to charge fast otherwise why would the charger work?
    Hi, I bought the 64 GB 4GB version from Taiwan which had the adapter BUT how do I know whether its the boostmaster enabled adapter? It doesn't say 18W though it says 9V!

P = U x I = 9V x 2A = 18W :)
    It was not included in my package since i have the 2gb version. Any idea where to buy ?

regards

My Zenfone 2 ZE551ML SG Set 2GB Version doesn't comes with Quick Charger. I tried using my sister Note 4 Quick Charge Adapter, i can say that it works like a charm, Not as advertised 0-60 in 39 mins but the result was close:

Charger Specification
    Note 4 Adaptive Fast Charge
    DC - 9Volt/1.67A
    DC - 5Volt/2.0A

(Im Yet to find a charger that is (9Volt/2A) in Singapore)

Time %
    ==================
    8.08pm 4
    8.23pm 38
    8.38pm 55
    8.53pm 75
    9.08pm 84
    9.23pm 97
    9.32pm 100

My Observation

During the fast charge i noticed that @ 55% , my temperature was 39.3 degree @ 7.71 Volt. When it passes 60% mark, it start to charge slowly @ 75% mark, my temperature was @ 37.1 Degree @ 5.12 Volt, Approaching full charge, my temperature was @ 35.5 Degree 4.218 Volt.

Indeed the Fast Charge Works +1

Conclusion

Nevertheless which quick charger you use, there will be a significant damage done to the battery for prolong use as it allows more current into your battery causing your battery to heat up and temperature is the worst enemy in any electronic devices. Since Zenfone 2 has a built in battery, its unlike other flagship phone that has a removable battery, Fast Charger for this phone is a double edge sword.

My recommendation is to stick to a Fast Charge 1.0 charger or simply use the 5V/2A charger.