[Q] Can't Establish A Connection SOLVED !!

Search This thread

zaldyarrazola

May 20, 2014
Thanks man your the best

here's what you need to do.

Assuming that you have already rooted your device, use any file explorer app and go to 'etc' folder of your device. (i used root explorer and did this on my samsung galaxy tab n8000).

In 'etc' folder, locate the file called hosts.

Touch/press and hold the icon of the file to get its context menu and open the file in text editor.

In the file, there will be one ip address to the localhost, i.e. 127.0.0.1. Leave this as it is.

There will be a second ip address which may vary depending upon your region or country. Put a # in front of it. (eg. #245.45.14.14). This will mark this entry as a comment and the device won't read it.

(i would suggest that you backup 'hosts' file before making any changes. In my case, a 'hosts.bak' file was automatically created when i saved the file after editing.)

save the file and reboot your device.

This should resolve the issue. :)

thank you very much friend you realy save my phone many many thanks...

xavier1728

Jun 12, 2014
Fix Google couldn't establish a connection

You can download root explorer and delete hostfile if rooted already if not like I was root with this vroot
Then delete hostfile download vroot frome the developers sight just search vroot download on google its the first I ink its in chineese but some words are in english so you can understand it worked for me today when I couldnt fix it

Reactions: skttrbrain

ajayNvats

Aug 1, 2014
Here's what you need to do.

Assuming that you have already rooted your device, use any file explorer app and go to 'etc' folder of your device. (I used Root Explorer and did this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab N8000).

Touch/press and hold the icon of the file to get its context menu and open the file in text editor.

In the file, there will be one IP address to the localhost, i.e. 127.0.0.1. Leave this as it is.

There will be a second IP address which may vary depending upon your region or country. Put a # in front of it. (eg. #245.45.14.14). This will mark this entry as a comment and the device won't read it.

(I would suggest that you backup 'hosts' file before making any changes. In my case, a 'hosts.bak' file was automatically created when I saved the file after editing.)

Save the file and reboot your device.

thanksssssssssssss budyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....thanksssssssssss

Darko Dom

Mar 28, 2015
So many IP's

Assuming that you have already rooted your device, use any file explorer app and go to 'etc' folder of your device. (I used Root Explorer and did this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab N8000).

In the file, there will be one IP address to the localhost, i.e. 127.0.0.1. Leave this as it is.

There will be a second IP address which may vary depending upon your region or country. Put a # in front of it. (eg. #245.45.14.14). This will mark this entry as a comment and the device won't read it.

(I would suggest that you backup 'hosts' file before making any changes. In my case, a 'hosts.bak' file was automatically created when I saved the file after editing.)

I've looked everywhere for a solution, I thought this one might help. So I went to my host file and there's so many IP's its not even funny. Do I just put a # on all of them? I so desperately need help. Using Nexs 5 4.4.4.

Kwame.Krakye.Poku

Apr 12, 2015
another approach

i tried this method for my nokia x2 dual sim but didnt work, rather, i did this so if yours do not work out by applying this method, you can try this approach

Assuming that you have already rooted your device, use any file explorer app and go to 'etc' folder of your device. (I used Root Explorer and did this on my Nokia X2 dual sim).

Just delete that file and since the phone automatically recreates its repairable missing files, it will create another one once you reboot your phone.

(I would suggest that you backup 'hosts' file before making any changes. In my case, i copied the file and pasted it onto my sd card before deleting it; thus in case, it didnt work out, coz you sure wouldn want to risk soft bricking your phone or damaging its internet acces)

Then just reboot your device. It should work

This should resolve the issue. :)[/QUOTE]

meedo64

May 9, 2015

thanx alot you are a life saver

Pottertons

Jun 5, 2011

I have been going nuts trying to find a solution to this issue and thought that this would be it.
However, for some strange reason, I get an "error occurs during saving" message.
I also tried the alternative methods of checking the date & time, as well as deleting the 'hosts' file. But it says that it can not be deleted.
Anybody familiar with this?

Last edited:

sohaiby23

Mar 22, 2016
Karachi
Disable Hangouts, Drive, Google+, Talkback

I was facing the same problem in my Alcatel Pop 3 5015d. I was also searching for the method to root my phone in order to change the etc file as explained in the top answer but I didn't find anyway to root my phone. Finally, I disabled all the Google Apps, including Google+, Hangouts, Talkback, Google Drive, Gmail, Play Music, Youtube (excluding Google Play Store & Google Play services). Then I tried again to Add Google account by going to "Accounts" option and adding account.. this time.. the account created successfully. I only enabled back the Youtube, Gmail and Music app as I don't need the other apps. I also restarted the phone just to make sure that everything is working fine and it does working fine.

Lorensk

Mar 23, 2016
How do I download the Root app? When I try I get the error message we are all trying to fix??????

zidane02

Nov 29, 2011

Hey dude, you f***in' save my niece's phone. She is crying all day everyday she can't update her apps in googleplay. Google showed me this post and I owe you a beer. :good:

Zain083

Dec 22, 2016
Thanks a lot!!!!

Thanks a lot mahn ur idea worked for me....

CaptainAlex

May 19, 2018
Hello guys I have the same problem (my device is rooted and I have tried to do 1st factory reset too) but when I open hosts with text editor it shows nothing and when I open open it with text viewer it shows anything but I can't edit it (I have mounted rw as ro).Any help will be appreciated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I solved this issue :)

Goodevening . I factory reset the phone (HTC Desire S ) It is runnin g 4.0.4 and sense 3.6 and it is rooted HTC DEV unlocked . After that i can't log in my google account . it always say " couldn't establish a reliable connection to the server this could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services "can someone know how to fix this error ? I upgrade my phone via RUU from 2.3.5 GB sense 3.0 . Everything works fine . I can browse via web use my facebook .

i have tried factory reset, hard reset, restarted my htc desire many times .. i have tried even the youtube app method. nothing seems to work google app in the apps doesnt work too.. what should i do?? i cant use apps market.. i have tried everything.. please come up with a proper solution.. there're alot of people i know facing this mind sucking issue

Thanks ! Sorry for my bad english .

Thanks alot my friend, You save my life :)
    search first the key

Thanks alot my friend, You save my life :)

it post here.http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110225
    Goodevening . I factory reset the phone (HTC Desire S ) It is runnin g 4.0.4 and sense 3.6 and it is rooted HTC DEV unlocked . After that i can't log in my google account . it always say " couldn't establish a reliable connection to the server this could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services "can someone know how to fix this error ? I upgrade my phone via RUU from 2.3.5 GB sense 3.0 . Everything works fine . I can browse via web use my facebook .

i have tried factory reset, hard reset, restarted my htc desire many times .. i have tried even the youtube app method. nothing seems to work google app in the apps doesnt work too.. what should i do?? i cant use apps market.. i have tried everything.. please come up with a proper solution.. there're alot of people i know facing this mind sucking issue

Thanks ! Sorry for my bad english .
    sir i already do this step . not working .. but thanks for the help ..
    ok. go into your recovery, clear cache and dalvik cache then reboot see if helps
    never had this problem myself this is all i could think of, sorry dude