[UPDATE 7/24][ROM][BL1.2] Honeycomb Android Illuminate for The Gtablet\Zpad T2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

linuxboxsolution

Apr 26, 2011
Mod Edit: As stated by forum moderator jerdog in post 814:

FORUM RULES:
  • "Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited."

The issue here is that directing traffic elsewhere is against XDA rules, and while there is no requirement to actively support your development efforts here at XDA, saying it probably won't be supported at XDA and that they can get support on your forum is kind of low and has been removed after requesting LBS do so - to which he did not after 2 days.

Thread closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninditsu

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
will test this one. thanks

on v1.6
update 6.20.2011
~watching youtube on app and in browser are hit or miss, you should work on it to be more compatible
~so far so good though, thanks

update 6.21
~facebook FC's

will update this when i find more problems, when i find more time

Last edited:

irishrally

Jun 13, 2009
California
Checked out the youtube video, looks pretty sweet. Will try it out tomorrow to see the improvements with hardware acceleration etc.

Edit: Let's see some benchmark comparisons between BoS and Illuminate.

Last edited:

vnbuddy2002

Nov 23, 2004
Humm -- I got stuck with the boot loop . I am updating from 3588 stock recovery

Regards,
Kenny N

vnbuddy2002

Nov 23, 2004
After half an hour struggling, I am able to load your HoneyComb edition. I am going to play around with it.

To make everyone's life easier.

Make sure you nvflash your device first using the following nvflash image

http://www.mediafire.com/?g7vorg66iiq29vm

1. Download the nvflash image above.
2. Download the recover.zip from (http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=596319&d=1305415712 ) and extract the recovery folder to SD root

3. Download this honeycomb image and rename it to update.zip and copy it to your SD root

4. nvflash the nvflash image

5. Reboot with Power + Volumn up. This should bring you to the new bootloader

6. Flash the SDCard external update.zip

7. Wipes

9. Restart

:) G'd luck . Thanks linuxboxsolution for his contribution. I will comment later.

vnbuddy2002

Nov 23, 2004
Nice -- OpenGL is working perfectly. The benchmark from Quandrant is 1780. Not great but can't really complain :)

ramerco

Mar 16, 2011
Does enabling OpenGL break the stock browser? Or have you done something to work around this issue?

Is the main difference from Roebeet's HCAdam and Vegacomb mashup that is Bottle of Smoke that you have enabled opengl?

Dueces99

Mar 7, 2011
This looks very promising, currently running BoS 3.3 and was about to jump to 4.1 but I might have to try this first. My apologies if this has already been covered but what exactly is the difference between this ROM and roe's BoS? How were you able to get hw acceleration on here while BoS lacks it?

Thanks alot for your contribution, and I'll be sure to post my findings later today.

Djapatos

Apr 7, 2011
just wondering

so if the opengl is fixed, how come flashed is still hasnt fixed?
i believ robeet said the opengl is what makes flash doesn't work

cotangent05

Feb 17, 2011
Cavite
OpenGL is enabled but not working.. :) it lacks on driver and without flash no OPENGL.. note on that..

and one more thing.. BoS has HWaccel and working, like gingerbread... the only problem is video HWaccel HD playback..

BoS 3.3 or 4.0+ boot quickly too, smooth UI like that, so i can't really tell what's the difference between the two, except for bootanimation.. LOL :D

Last edited:

roebeet

Jul 15, 2010
Pennsylvania
I, for one, appreciate your efforts

Going to start posting in XDA's GTAB forums, at least sporadically. I think enough time has passed and things have changed around here (ie a lot of 1.2 mods are popping up, which I think is a good thing). Plus I'm not really seeing the moderator "changes" that were heavily present in April. So maybe things are back to normal. Maybe.

With that in mind, I wanted to say that your efforts are much appreciated - the end goal is to get a good working HC ROM for the users out there and if you have the ear of some people to make that happen, then that's what counts. I already mentioned in Slatedroid that I plan to pull back a bit after this month with modding the GTAB, so any extra dev / modding work is ALWAYS appreciated, imo.

Thanks again.

drizzt5

Mar 28, 2011
So first of all thank you for your work.

But this is different from bottle of smoke because it enables OpenGL right?
Any other changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit: As stated by forum moderator jerdog in post 814:

FORUM RULES:
    • "Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited."

The issue here is that directing traffic elsewhere is against XDA rules, and while there is no requirement to actively support your development efforts here at XDA, saying it probably won't be supported at XDA and that they can get support on your forum is kind of low and has been removed after requesting LBS do so - to which he did not after 2 days.

Thread closed.
    I, for one, appreciate your efforts

Going to start posting in XDA's GTAB forums, at least sporadically. I think enough time has passed and things have changed around here (ie a lot of 1.2 mods are popping up, which I think is a good thing). Plus I'm not really seeing the moderator "changes" that were heavily present in April. So maybe things are back to normal. Maybe.

With that in mind, I wanted to say that your efforts are much appreciated - the end goal is to get a good working HC ROM for the users out there and if you have the ear of some people to make that happen, then that's what counts. I already mentioned in Slatedroid that I plan to pull back a bit after this month with modding the GTAB, so any extra dev / modding work is ALWAYS appreciated, imo.

Thanks again.
    Ok guys. Enough.

@edirector- you're comparing apples to oranges. The gTablet is NOT the Xoom. You cannot show videos showing HD videos being played via Flash on different versions of Honeycomb on DIFFERENT tablets - and claim that its' showing the experience someone would expect on this device. You are misleading those coming to this thread and read your (and the OP's) claims of this ROM doing something of which it cannot do - HARDWARE HD DECODING. The Xoom can. The gTablet cannot. You can't use that video to let people know what to expect on this.

The Xoom is a different HW platform than the gTablet. Bottom line. The gTablet will never get Hardware HD decoding - that's the bottom line too. Accept it. It will also never get OFFICIAL Honeycomb or newer OS support - which would bring Hardware HD decoding. Accept it. You can get SOFTWARE HD decoding though and that's the best you're going to get. Enjoy it.

@TJEvans- just leave it alone. He's not going to listen; he's going to support this ROM because he believes in it. Bottom line. And he can do that. You're jumping into another thread and it's just not going to work.

Move on or the next person (not just you two) involved in spouting stuff about Hardware HD Decoding or going off topic in this thread will get infracted. If you REALLY must discuss this - go to the General forum.

Apologies Jerdog, I just feel that I must make the point that LBS can not be trusted, and never could be. It was a conversation just like this that got him banned from <the other android forum that must not be named here>.

There is, in fact, a thread in the General section called "Froyo or Honeycomb." If Edirector would like to posts his videos showing the general advantages of Honeycomb, that could be a place to post them, I assume. Of course, with the disclaimer that software decoding is needed to watch them.

That was the thread that contained all of my (unsubstantiated as they may be) tests with both OS showing what is, and what isn't possible, including thorough testing with the Illuminate Rom, as well as Flashback.

I'll direct my comments there, if the need arises. But I still hold true to the principle that any developer posting a Rom, should be truthful in his claims of the abilities of the Rom. His Rom appearing here, could potentially effect the integrity of XDA as far as new user traffic is concerned. After all, this is the only open community site that is hosting a Honeycomb Rom that "has working hardware acceleration." The truth after the fact could dissapoint quite a few newbies.

Once again, my apologies, I'll cease, with the hopes that LBS actually comes here to explain himself on his own development thread.
    So this rom is being abandoned?

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using XDA Forum App

On this forum most likely, it will still be supported on its official page. Its better that way because people will go there to get support and not to read *****ing and whining from other users on this forum who can't get over things. I mean if the rom. has no hardware acceleration as it claimed, deal with it and move to other rom. People like the rom wheather it has hardware acceleration or not.
    I see that there still has been no response from LBS or change to his OP. I guess that he is not interested in "doing it right" , likes criticism, or both.

I watched your posts and all I see is your stupid comments with no contribution. You said you had a fine lady, but my guess is that lady is fed up with you and didn't let you touch her so you need a little action to get off. Get the hell of this thread, go back to your ipad and leave people who wants this rom alone. LBS help people (including me) a great deal with his work on this ROM, if no HW accel on this ROM so be it. Nobody complaints about that, only you!