[Widget][4.3+][V2.0] Hangouts Widget

Search This thread

0rigin

Jan 1, 2013
Sh*topia
It's a cool idea, but it'd be nice to change a few things. For example, I got 6 messages from the same person - and the widget said "Lilly - 6 new messages" in one row while the other three were empty, which doesn't make it too useful. It'd be also nice to adjust the size of the preview(one row, two rows...) and to remove the widget padding and optimise the size(edge to edge, removing the transparent frame around it). These are only my two cents and some good intention criticism. Keep up the good work!:good:

Reactions: Kunde95 and RSenG2x

RSenG2x

Jun 3, 2012
Seattle, WA
www.RSenApps.com
It's a cool idea, but it'd be nice to change a few things. For example, I got 6 messages from the same person - and the widget said "Lilly - 6 new messages" in one row while the other three were empty, which doesn't make it too useful. It'd be also nice to adjust the size of the preview(one row, two rows...) and to remove the widget padding and optimise the size(edge to edge, removing the transparent frame around it). These are only my two cents and some good intention criticism. Keep up the good work!:good:

Thanks for the feedback! I'm working on allowing more customization for the user... The reason that I just say "Lily - 6 new messages" is that I only have the information I can get from the notification and when there are multiple messages, the notification only shows how many new messages there are.

Reactions: 0rigin

arnuckwade

Mar 1, 2011
Sorry hadn't read the title saying 4.3+.. my bad.. I guess I got too excited reading the term hangouts widget to notice that.. I have 4.2.2..

Last edited:

Hmd74

Sep 8, 2012
Can you give me an APK Download link for the latest version?
I don't have access to Play Store :(
Thanks

RubiconJoey

Apr 29, 2011
Downloaded....we will see how well this works...still had to move a bunch of stuff off my home screen (it was full), but it should be worth it....

kenpen

Mar 24, 2011
Are you going to make a black version

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

keysneptune

Dec 10, 2013
florida keys
Lockscreen support

I love the usefulness of this, but would love to have it available for the lockscreen. Hopefully this is something planned for an update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Hangouts Widget completes Android's most popular messaging app" - XDA
    "Dead simple and free, what more could you ask for?- LifeHacker
    Also featured on Android Community, Talk Android, IntoMobile, Android Headlines, and Droid Life!

Fast, Simple, Elegant

A homescreen widget to show messages (or SMS) received in Google Hangouts

Fully resizable and shows your messages at a glance.

Because of limitations to the Android system, only new Hangouts will be shown

You must first install Google Hangouts! :)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RSen.Widget.Hangouts
    [QRCODE]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RSen.Widget.Hangouts[/QRCODE]

2.0:
    - Lock Screen Widget
    - Redesign with transparency and new icon
    - Configure transparency for each widget
    - New Dark Mode
    - bugfixes

If the widget stops working after the update, please readd it. I am aware of an issue where the widget may lose recent conversations, this has been fixed for future updates...
    Version 2.0 Released!

2.0:
    - Lock Screen Widget
    - Redesign with transparency and new icon
    - Configure transparency for each widget
    - New Dark Mode
    - bugfixes

If the widget stops working after the update, please readd it. I am aware of an issue where the widget may lose recent conversations, this has been fixed for future updates...
    I just wanted to say thanks for all your work on this app! :good:

I read a bunch of people's reviews on the Play Store saying it doesn't work (because they obviously didn't read the description and don't know that new notifications must arrive before any Hangouts will display).

Maybe there could be a pop-up, or a fake hangout message in the app to explain this the first time it runs until it starts populating? This could possibly eliminate all of these 1 star reviews by people who can't read hahahaha.
    Sweet pm on the way!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Awesome! Added to the OP. In the next version, I'll hopefully allow users to control transparency and tint color...
    Can you add an option to have shortcut to specific people in addition to widget?

Thanks,
    G

Maybe... I'll look into it.

Widget doesn't seem to load current conversations already open in hangouts.

Yes this is a system limitation. As there is no Hangouts api, I have to get the conversations via the notifications.

I love the usefulness of this, but would love to have it available for the lockscreen. Hopefully this is something planned for an update.

Sure is :)

The widget is great! Would have preferred the usual hangouts icon though...

Is this something that is okay to do? I don't want to get removed from the play store because of something silly like this... In a future version I am going to allow for different icons though...

Made a black/tinted version but want permission first before I share with everyone. Would that be cool OP?

3yje4u4a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Absolutely! Thanks for that, if you wanted to also send it to me, that would be great. I'm working on allowing more customization and one of my ideas was to allow users to choose different tints...