[Solved] ADB Troubles

Search This thread

King Cole

Jun 26, 2012
Boston, MA
Hey all, I know it's cliche, but I'm having a lot of troubles with ADB.

This isn't my first Android device, but it is the first Android device I've had in which the "adb devices" command still doesn't find even after having drivers/Companion Software installed.

Here's a full run-down of things I've done: installed that crappy software, the computer can recognize the Ion in terms of being able to access it for moving files, I have both Unknown Sources and USB debugging ticked, I've rebooted the phone, and a few other things.

Thanks for reading, and please assist!

Last edited:

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
Hey all, I know it's cliche, but I'm having a lot of troubles with ADB.

This isn't my first Android device, but it is the first Android device I've had in which the "adb devices" command still doesn't find even after having drivers/Companion Software installed.

Here's a full run-down of things I've done: installed that crappy software, the computer can recognize the Ion in terms of being able to access it for moving files, I have both Unknown Sources and USB debugging ticked, I've rebooted the phone, and a few other things.

Thanks for reading, and please assist!

Ok, here is the deal. I am assuming you have downloaded the SDK package. What you are going to have to do is go into device manager and manually select ADB USB composite driver.

King Cole

Jun 26, 2012
Boston, MA
The problem is, I've never been able to find my device in devmgmt. I'm not home at the moment, so I can't check, but where would it normally be under if not the "Unrecognized Devices" category?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Ion using xda premium

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
The problem is, I've never been able to find my device in devmgmt. I'm not home at the moment, so I can't check, but where would it normally be under if not the "Unrecognized Devices" category?

Are you using windows? It is under Android Device or Xperia Ion should be easy to find, if you have Sony Companion software loaded, if you have Ubuntu it is a little hard and I don't remember all the steps I had to take to set up mine. It was something about finding the USB device name in all 3 modes.

Reactions: King Cole

King Cole

Jun 26, 2012
Boston, MA
Are you using windows? It is under Android Device or Xperia Ion should be easy to find, if you have Sony Companion software loaded, if you have Ubuntu it is a little hard and I don't remember all the steps I had to take to set up mine. It was something about finding the USB device name in all 3 modes.

I'm using Windows 7, but I don't recall being able to find it. I'll try again when I get home on Friday, and get back to you then.

King Cole

Jun 26, 2012
Boston, MA

Thanks for the help. I found the problem was my cable, and as soon as I had changed that out, it worked fine.

Reactions: Toledo_JAB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the help. I found the problem was my cable, and as soon as I had changed that out, it worked fine.

Please add [solved] or fixed to subject line of your OP. It helps others in searching

~Jaramie

from my LT28at rooted & eating an Ice Cream Sandwich ;)
    Please add [solved] or fixed to subject line of your OP. It helps others in searching

~Jaramie

from my LT28at rooted & eating an Ice Cream Sandwich ;)

Just forgot, thanks for the reminder.