[REQUEST] Save config & installed modules to Internal Memory/SDCard

Search This thread

J_M_V_S

Mar 11, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.hsws.com.ar
Hello,

I would like to know if an option could be added to save Xposed Installer settings and/or installed modules to the internal memory and/or SDCard. That way if you decide to change ROM, get back to factory defaults or similar you could easily restore settings and installed modules (not saying activating modules, just installing them). It could also be useful if you have more than one device where you can import the same settings as another device.

Thank you in advance.

rovo89

Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2012
We could talk about storing Xposed Installer's settings, but a) there aren't many of them and b) in more and more ROMs, apps can only write to one specific folder on the SD card, which is deleted when you uninstall the app.

Backing up modules (which are simply applications) or even their settings is out of scope for me. There are many apps for that, e.g. Titanium Backup.

J_M_V_S

Mar 11, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.hsws.com.ar
We could talk about storing Xposed Installer's settings, but a) there aren't many of them and b) in more and more ROMs, apps can only write to one specific folder on the SD card, which is deleted when you uninstall the app.

Backing up modules (which are simply applications) or even their settings is out of scope for me. There are many apps for that, e.g. Titanium Backup.

Thank you for your reply. I meant backup a list of installed modules, not the modules (apks) and/or their settings. That way they can be re-downloaded by Xposed Installer when installing fresh or moving to another phone/system.

EDIT: Regarding where to store the saved settings maybe the cloud could be an option? (DropBox, Google, Mega, etc)

Last edited:

J_M_V_S

Mar 11, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.hsws.com.ar