Favorite Watch Faces

Search This thread

techg9

Oct 5, 2018
I have created this watch face:
NSuJ31D.png

was inspired by a similar watchface, but couldn't find it on tizen store.

Hopefully I fixed the post, the image with the marketing photo should be attached now. I normally put my images on postimages.org and use the "img" tool to insert them in forum posts - that doesn't seem to work here for some reason so I uploaded to xda as an attachment instead.

As far as style and color, I *really* like this stock photo of the new Galaxy Watch that everyone has on their sites. It seems to be the new default watch face. I'd love to get that for the Gear S3. If weather isn't an option due to huge battery drain, then heartrate instead.

Yes that' s one of my favourite new faces coming from the S3 to the Galaxy watch ;)

rklrkl

Nov 21, 2014
I don't like any of the pre-installed watch faces that come with my Galaxy Watch - they all have one or more obvious flaws. The "Tomcat" face discussed here has glaring issues: the face has a 100% redundant numbered bezel around the circumference (that don't match the numbers on the watch's physical bezel and are too small to read as hour numbers either), it wastes space with the 7 days worth of dates and the dials on the face clutter it up by being too big (even chopping off the hour markers at 6 and 12!). What's infuriating is that you can't delete *any* of the pre-installed faces :(

I stick with 3rd party faces, with my favourites being SzaZs Classic Multicolor (colour options are great and match several of my straps) for digital and OceanWatchII for analogue (has digital time on face too - destroys Tomcat, IMHO and has few double tap background colours too). Both are free on the Galaxy app store.

davtse

Jan 17, 2009
my day is possibly the most useful watchface I've used on a smartwatch so far.
however, I've recently resorted to using the watchmaker face since I need abit more data than just upcoming events. far less aesthetically pleasing than the stock my day face.

not sure why you can do this but you can edit calendar events with the myday face. you can't even do that on the stock calendar app in the galaxy watch.

elgecko

May 19, 2012
Red Lion
I have posted this in the S3 forum, so sorry if this is a repeat to many.

I bought my first smart watch, the Samsung Galaxy watch the day it was released.

I really like skeleton watches and did not find many offered for free with animated gears. Most that did have animated gears cost money, I don't care for.
So I started to play with the Galaxy Watch Designer to make my own.

Here was my first attempt at a skeleton with animated gears, Piaget Altiplano Skeleton.

Attachments

• PiagetAltiplano.jpg
    PiagetAltiplano.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 3,134

elgecko

May 19, 2012
Red Lion
Now these next 2 skeleton watch faces I made get the most face time on my watch.
I also see after making these, why people charge for these skeleton faces. It takes a lot of time to rebuild the faces.

Panerai Radiomir 1940 Minute Repeater Carillon Tourbillon, a few of the colors I made for this face, and the dim mode.
I did change this one from the S3 forum. The 2 smaller dials I originally had for battery and steps. I changed it to be like the real watch now.

elgecko

May 19, 2012
Red Lion
The last skeleton face I have made is the Girard Perregaux Laureato Skeleton.

I'm sure I'll be making more skeleton faces, as I have seen several more real watches I really like the design of.

Reactions: blackfoot and DRVB

DrViruser

Dec 1, 2014
Now these next 2 skeleton watch faces I made get the most face time on my watch.
I also see after making these, why people charge for these skeleton faces. It takes a lot of time to rebuild the faces.

Panerai Radiomir 1940 Minute Repeater Carillon Tourbillon, a few of the colors I made for this face, and the dim mode.
I did change this one from the S3 forum. The 2 smaller dials I originally had for battery and steps. I changed it to be like the real watch now.

Hey where can i download this to my watch? Would love to have the green one :)

ATT Intruder

Oct 29, 2010
Boise
Let me know if you want a different color combo

Those are nice.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

I really like the 1940 replica night. That is sweet. Great work on the details.

Reactions: ShrekOpher

elgecko

May 19, 2012
Red Lion
Here's my latest face. Rotonde de Cartier Astrotourbillon Skeleton.
I can not find a way to make an animation in GWD be a hand. I would really like to have the animation in the video for the tourbillon in the other watches be moving in the second hand of this watch.
I did see that you can use a .gif as a hand in GWD. Problem is it does not animate. :(

Here is some crappy video of the skeleton faces I made I shot on my cell phone and edited on the cell phone....

Attachments

• Rotonde-de-Cartier-Astrotourbillon-Skeleton.jpg
    Rotonde-de-Cartier-Astrotourbillon-Skeleton.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,859

elgecko

May 19, 2012
Red Lion
I'd also like to know where I can get your creations. Just got my watch today

Hey where can i download this to my watch? Would love to have the green one :)

Thank you.

I'm trying to figure out what / how I'd like to make them available, if I do.
These skeleton faces take a lot of time to make. I'd say 8 to 20hrs in a face.

I looked at Facer thinking I would place them there for .99 to $1.49 to compensate all the time involved in making the faces.
I believe I'd have to alter my faces a little by removing the names of the actual watches off of them.
Problem is It looks very difficult to become a seller on Facer.

I'm afraid to upload them somewhere and ask for donations, as I'm afraid someone would use the work to sell themselves since they would have access to all the images...

ATT Intruder

Oct 29, 2010
Boise
Thank you.

I looked at Facer thinking I would place them there for .99 to $1.49 to compensate all the time involved in making the faces.
I believe I'd have to alter my faces a little by removing the names of the actual watches off of them.

I'm afraid to upload them somewhere and ask for donations, as I'm afraid someone would use the work to sell themselves since they would have access to all the images...

Yes, tough call for sure, either way there's probably very little protection once they go public from someone using them as a template for other faces. Certainly a number of ways to offer them, but if the concern is duplication then the only way to not have that happen is to not share them. Even then, someone could use the image to recreate the work.

Regardless of what you decide, it's beautiful work and the amount of time and effort shows in the detail.

ShrekOpher

May 14, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Thank you.

Have you considered using the Samsung app store? It's a bit of a pain, but it's not impossible.

Otherwise check out WatchMaker I actually think it's the best for making watch faces, and isn't too hard to become a seller.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I developed this one last week is free. Let me know what you think.

http://apps.samsung.com/gear/appDetail.as?appId=com.watchface.ShrekDroidBlueSteel

I have created this watch face:
    NSuJ31D.png

was inspired by a similar watchface, but couldn't find it on tizen store.
    One I made in the WatchMaker app. The second hand sweeps, the 24 hour hand works and from 8pm till 7am when the watch dims the AOD has all the luminescent parts glowing.
    Working on a "mostly black" watchface per the above request. Made a blue and a red.