[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery [v6.0.4.6]

Search This thread

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
Version 6.0.4.6 - Stable

Bugs (Report):
  • No offmode charging.
  • Sideloading does not work with large files.
  • CMD side (adb) reboot is not working.
Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery.
  • Download the flashable zip below & flash it on top of your current recovery.
    If you don't have custom recovery installed before, refer to 5.5.0.4 instructions before updating to 6.0.4.6.
Downloads:

Version 5.5.0.4 - Stable

Bugs (Report):
  • No capacitive key support on Synaptics, due to v5.5.0.4 not having virtual keys implemented.
Installation:
  • Root your phone.
  • Download the recovery.img down below.
  • Save it to wherever you want.
  • Make sure the image name is recovery.img, rename if needed.
  • Download any root file manager, which can mount and show hidden folders.
  • Mount /.cust_backup as rw.
  • Copy and replace recovery.img from SD card to /.cust_backup/image/recovery.img
Usage:
  • Make sure you have disabled fast boot (on official Gingerbread). Go to Settings->Applications->Fastboot and disable it.
  • Start the phone in recovery mode [Volume Up] + [Power]. Hold the keys down until you can see boot logo.
  • To move up, press [Volume Up].
  • To move down, press [Volume Down].
  • To select, press [Power].
Downloads:

Credits:

Last edited:

ret4rt

Jul 3, 2010
Nice going there! You used 2.35 kernel for this?
Also touchscreen not working anyway in recovery so that's not really a problem.
You are able to create/restore backups? Tried flashing any custom rom?
Also have a look at /tmp/recovery.log

Last edited:
Reactions: halman

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
Nice going there! You used 2.35 kernel for this?
Also touchscreen not working anyway in recovery so that's not really a problem.
You are able to create/restore backups? Tried flashing any custom rom?
Also have a look at /tmp/recovery.log

Yeah, I extracted it from boot.img. I saw stockwell had this working, maybe he had a custom recovery kernel for that. The rebooting issue is making thing hard, I almost backed it up, but it rebooted, so that's the main problem. If I get that fixed, I'll try flashing/backup.

Also, in 2.2, I was able to just start the phone with volume down + power, to get to recovery, but in 2.3, this doesn't work for me. I can only get there when I use "adb reboot recovery".

-EDIT-
Got it working, thanks genti7. It starts with vol up + power.

Last edited:
Reactions: magnostik

genti7

Jun 30, 2011
Yeah, I extracted it from boot.img. I saw stockwell had this working, maybe he had a custom recovery kernel for that. The rebooting issue is making thing hard, I almost backed it up, but it rebooted, so that's the main problem. If I get that fixed, I'll try flashing/backup.

Also, in 2.2, I was able to just start the phone with volume down + power, to get to recovery, but in 2.3, this doesn't work for me. I can only get there when I use "adb reboot recovery".

its volume up + power not volume down + power. Try again.

Reactions: Blefish

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
I don't have time today, will continue tomorrow. I realized that the /boot partition is wrong, can someone help me with this? Maybe the data one is wrong too, the logs say something about that. I'll post correct details tomorrow.

Sent from my U8800

dzo

Senior Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2008
Auckland
The reboot is probably because you aren't running the rmt_storage server. The modem needs this to run and so reboots the phone without it. The HW recovery mounts /system to run it which is a stupid idea because /system may not always be there. rmt_server needs some shared libs so you will have to copy them to the recovery image too.

dzo

Senior Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2008
Auckland
Attached is a recovery that I made, it's v4 but should work. I just modified the hw recovery so it needs a working /system. Obviously there's nothing to flash yet (and you won't be able to flash the old ROMs because amss has changed). I don't intend to support this but feel free to try it out.

Attachments

• recovery.zip
    7 MB · Views: 3,472

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
The reboot is probably because you aren't running the rmt_storage server. The modem needs this to run and so reboots the phone without it. The HW recovery mounts /system to run it which is a stupid idea because /system may not always be there. rmt_server needs some shared libs so you will have to copy them to the recovery image too.

Thanks. Will do today.

Sent from my U8800

boss_y

Jun 27, 2006
Attached is a recovery that I made, it's v4 but should work. I just modified the hw recovery so it needs a working /system. Obviously there's nothing to flash yet (and you won't be able to flash the old ROMs because amss has changed). I don't intend to support this but feel free to try it out.

Dzo did you upgrade AMSS to 2.3.5 beta or did you stay on B138SP04?

Oct 29, 2010
well, about the CWM recovery,you can try the recovery Genokolar has released for the u8800+(or pro), it can work fine. I have tried it, and i have flashed a zip successfully!
PS: i am using u8800 (not u8800+), the official 2.3.5(u8800) has the same partition as u8800+.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Version 6.0.4.6 - Stable

Bugs (Report):
    • No offmode charging.
    • Sideloading does not work with large files.
    • CMD side (adb) reboot is not working.
    Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery.
    • Download the flashable zip below & flash it on top of your current recovery.
      If you don't have custom recovery installed before, refer to 5.5.0.4 instructions before updating to 6.0.4.6.
    Downloads:

Version 5.5.0.4 - Stable

Bugs (Report):
    • No capacitive key support on Synaptics, due to v5.5.0.4 not having virtual keys implemented.
    Installation:
    • Root your phone.
    • Download the recovery.img down below.
    • Save it to wherever you want.
    • Make sure the image name is recovery.img, rename if needed.
    • Download any root file manager, which can mount and show hidden folders.
    • Mount /.cust_backup as rw.
    • Copy and replace recovery.img from SD card to /.cust_backup/image/recovery.img
    Usage:
    • Make sure you have disabled fast boot (on official Gingerbread). Go to Settings->Applications->Fastboot and disable it.
    • Start the phone in recovery mode [Volume Up] + [Power]. Hold the keys down until you can see boot logo.
    • To move up, press [Volume Up].
    • To move down, press [Volume Down].
    • To select, press [Power].
    Downloads:

Credits:
    It happens because the 3.4 kernel is still very unstable.

The problem has been fixed, as said on the ROM thread. I will update the recovery once I do some more changes to the kernel (rebasing to a newer branch).
    I just uploaded experimental touch recovery build 1. Check the first page for details.
    Added v6.0.4.6 recovery, which will be required to install cm-11.0 (to come). If you have any issues, please report here or at GitHub.