Sony future products (Z2 compact)

Search This thread

Walter_White

May 15, 2013
First came the Z, then the Z1 and then the Z1 compact.

So far so good. Now we know that the Z2 is out on the wild but not on many shelves because of component shortages.

Any guys who have followed Sony longer than I maybe, or those who like to crystalballing stuff on forums: Do you think there will be a Z2 compact?

Reason I am asking is that I just got myself an Z1 compact today. I am familiar with (and like) my Sony Tablet Z. The Z1 compact was the only logical possibility for me... I don't like Samsung, I want highend hardware, I value design, I want an SD Card Slot. Now that I have it and compare it to my HTC One S which is also a 4.3 I am a bit miffed. The screen seems to be actually smaller, due to the fact that the One S still has dedicated softkeys and does not count them towards the 4.3, while the Z1 does.

Now I am wondering if I should return, banking on the possibility that in a few weeks or months a slightly larger compact comes out. The Z1 was 5". The new Z2 is 5.2" I believe, so it stands to reason that a hypothetical Z2 compact might be 4.5" or 4.7" which would be kind of perfect. The Z1 itself is ever so slightly too big for my hands.

Other than that I really love the phone big time, it's quite a change for me though cause I was so used to HTCs Sense (6+ handsets in the past).

So, has anyone heard rumors yet? Is the Z1 compact a good seller at all? (Sony is unlikely to make a new compact model if the previous one is lead in the shelves)

Shoot your opinions.

nism0o

Mar 10, 2011
Skodje

So far so good. Now we know that the Z2 is out on the wild but not on many shelves because of component shortages.

Any guys who have followed Sony longer than I maybe, or those who like to crystalballing stuff on forums: Do you think there will be a Z2 compact?

Reason I am asking is that I just got myself an Z1 compact today. I am familiar with (and like) my Sony Tablet Z. The Z1 compact was the only logical possibility for me... I don't like Samsung, I want highend hardware, I value design, I want an SD Card Slot. Now that I have it and compare it to my HTC One S which is also a 4.3 I am a bit miffed. The screen seems to be actually smaller, due to the fact that the One S still has dedicated softkeys and does not count them towards the 4.3, while the Z1 does.

Now I am wondering if I should return, banking on the possibility that in a few weeks or months a slightly larger compact comes out. The Z1 was 5". The new Z2 is 5.2" I believe, so it stands to reason that a hypothetical Z2 compact might be 4.5" or 4.7" which would be kind of perfect. The Z1 itself is ever so slightly too big for my hands.

Other than that I really love the phone big time, it's quite a change for me though cause I was so used to HTCs Sense (6+ handsets in the past).

So, has anyone heard rumors yet? Is the Z1 compact a good seller at all? (Sony is unlikely to make a new compact model if the previous one is lead in the shelves)

Shoot your opinions.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2705850

Reactions: Walter_White

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Shoot your opinions.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2705850