[MOD] Mattyg, UserJF, Battery Mods, AudioBoost, Camera Shutters, Data Throttle, More!

Search This thread

userjf

Dec 22, 2010
MattyG Mods, Userjf Mods, AudioBoost Kernel,
Data Throttle Removal Mods, Camera Shutter Sounds,
CMW3-Flashable Boot Animations, BootLoader Splash Screens... And More!

All Files Can Now Be Found Here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5ch2853xcxvi0

preview.jpg

EVERYTHING YOU DO IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU DO.

DATA THROTTLE REMOVAL:
This removes the throttle files from the rom. The files removed are actually named "throttle", by the way.

AUDIOBOOST KERNEL:
This is simply the stock kernel with all audio levels boosted. Other than that, it is the stock kernel. This will work with any nightly or rc build of cm7.

CAMERA SHUTTER SOUND:
A lower volume, more pleasant, camera shutter sound. Flash with recovery, works with any cm7 version.

CM3-FLASHABLE BOOT ANIMATIONS:
These are boot animations that I have ported to be CWM2 and CWM3 flashable.

SPLASH SCREENS:
Rename exactly to PB31IMG.zip and put on root directory of FAT32 sdcard, not in any folders. You might have to use a blank card with this being the only file... it works for some people better that way. It shouldn't hurt to try it either way though. It will either work or do nothing.

Once the file is on your card and the card is on your phone, with the phone OFF, hold down the vol.down and power button. Hold them down until the bootloader is up. After a few seconds, it should ask you if you want to apply the update. Choose yes.

Once it is loaded, it will be there permanently until you change it again. You don't have to reflash it ever.

BATTERY MODS:
I have continued the popular work "Mattyg battery and clock mods". Mattyg kept these current when he had a Droid Incredible, and he even kept them current for quite some time after he no longer had the phone. We are all thankful to him for putting these together.

These type of flash mods are specific to a particular build of cm7. If you flash one of these to the wrong nightly, it will work only if the cm7 framework has not changed. Otherwise, your phone will be unstable at best, and boot loop at worst. The files have the nightly number at the end, so there is never any confusion about which file goes with what nightly.

If your phone boot loops after flashing, you can easily fix this by reflashing cm7. This is also the method used to "uninstall" these mods if you want to go back to the stock original clock and battery icons.

These are built for CWM3, but they should also work with CWM2 and RA recoverys.

To flash, simply flash them with recovery. Rom Manager will probably work too, but I don't use it.

You can flash the battery mods over each other. The most recent flash will be on the phone, and will overwrite any previous battery mod. There is no need to flash back to stock between changing between these battery mods.

The RemoveClock mod is independent of the battery mods. You can flash clock and battery or either one. They do not interfere with each other in any way.

There is no need to wipe cache or dalvik when you flash these. You can if you want, and it won't hurt anything, but it is not required.

For safety, always have a known good working backup before you flash these, or before you flash anything for that matter.

Enjoy!

RC1 mods have been added, but they are not tested. I have moved past RC1, and you should too! There are CM7 fixes in Nightly #39, and there will continue to be more fixes in the following CM7 builds.

Last edited:

cam30era

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
Several people have said they would take over Mattyg's battery and clock mods... but so far no one has... until now!

These will work with cwm recovery 3 (and 2), and they are all tested on the nightly number at the end of the filename (currently #39)

As always, be safe and nandroid!

Enjoy

The GB circle bootloops with RC1.

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.
Several people have said they would take over Mattyg's battery and clock mods... but so far no one has... until now!

These will work with cwm recovery 3 (and 2), and they are all tested on the nightly number at the end of the filename (currently #39)

As always, be safe and nandroid!

Enjoy

are you running into any issues with these? i put them all together, but was getting FC's after flashing. not MAJOR FC's, but enough that i didnt want to release them until i figured it out. Mostly CM settings when attempting to change anything and ROM manager.

lol ive been working on it all day.

userjf

Dec 22, 2010
are you running into any issues with these? i put them all together, but was getting FC's after flashing. not MAJOR FC's, but enough that i didnt want to release them until i figured it out. Mostly CM settings when attempting to change anything and ROM manager.

lol ive been working on it all day.

Let me check, I didn't modify any of Mattyg's actual coding other than compiling into the new framework.

Yup, you are right about that, I tried a few other things, but not that. Very interesting... I'll take a look..., and you take a look... and we will see who figures it out first :)

userjf

Dec 22, 2010
Let me check, I didn't modify any of Mattyg's actual coding other than compiling into the new framework.

Yup, you are right about that, I tried a few other things, but not that. Very interesting... I'll take a look..., and you take a look... and we will see who figures it out first :)

Problem found! I'll be putting up new files shortly.

AdhvanIt

Aug 8, 2009
Grand Rapids, Mi.

boot loops on green circle-after clean install of #39. what did you find about the FC issues? i have a logcat of what i get with my files.. but no idea how to read it and fix it. lol

userjf

Dec 22, 2010
Is there any possibility you could do a cyan colored circle battery?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

FC issues should be resolved.

Download the GBCircle39-fixed.zip file and try it.
Post back here if it works well or not.

Only flash them to the build they are intended for (like 39 at this point)

Once these are proven to be good, I can make other colors.

n99hockey

Mar 1, 2007
FC issues should be resolved.

Download the GBCircle39-fixed.zip file and try it.
Post back here if it works well or not.

Only flash them to the build they are intended for (like 39 at this point)

Once these are proven to be good, I can make other colors.

Stuck in a boot loop...

userjf

Dec 22, 2010
These are all working fine for me now... I have flashed them over and over on my phone, I have had no boot loops, and no FC. I never had a boot loop during any of these.

Boot loop has always been a a symptom of flashing over the wrong nightly, even when Mattyg was releasing these. Make sure you have the right nightly (currently 39, not RC1.)

If anyone else has tried these, successfully or unsuccessfully since the fixes, please let me know.

Last edited:

n99hockey

Mar 1, 2007
These are all working fine for me now... I have flashed them over and over on my phone, I have had no boot loops, and no FC. I never had a boot loop during any of these.

Boot loop has always been a a symptom of flashing over the wrong nightly, even when Mattyg was releasing these. Make sure you have the right nightly (currently 39, not RC1.)

If anyone else has tried these, successfully or unsuccessfully since the fixes, please let me know.

Works now.
Reflashed #39, rebooted, cleared cache's and then flashed Mod. Everything seems to be working.

hokieputter

Nov 18, 2010
Great work bringing these back to life!! Much appreciated!!

I'm a stock percent kinda guy but I don't see the fixed file in the OP.

userjf

Dec 22, 2010
I thought I had put that one on there. I can't load attachments from my phone but I'll put it on there shortly when I get back to my computer.

Sent from my telephone device thing.

Reactions: jmagar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MattyG Mods, Userjf Mods, AudioBoost Kernel,
    Data Throttle Removal Mods, Camera Shutter Sounds,
    CMW3-Flashable Boot Animations, BootLoader Splash Screens... And More!

preview.jpg

EVERYTHING YOU DO IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU DO.

DATA THROTTLE REMOVAL:
    This removes the throttle files from the rom. The files removed are actually named "throttle", by the way.

AUDIOBOOST KERNEL:
    This is simply the stock kernel with all audio levels boosted. Other than that, it is the stock kernel. This will work with any nightly or rc build of cm7.

CAMERA SHUTTER SOUND:
    A lower volume, more pleasant, camera shutter sound. Flash with recovery, works with any cm7 version.

CM3-FLASHABLE BOOT ANIMATIONS:
    These are boot animations that I have ported to be CWM2 and CWM3 flashable.

SPLASH SCREENS:
    Rename exactly to PB31IMG.zip and put on root directory of FAT32 sdcard, not in any folders. You might have to use a blank card with this being the only file... it works for some people better that way. It shouldn't hurt to try it either way though. It will either work or do nothing.

Once the file is on your card and the card is on your phone, with the phone OFF, hold down the vol.down and power button. Hold them down until the bootloader is up. After a few seconds, it should ask you if you want to apply the update. Choose yes.

Once it is loaded, it will be there permanently until you change it again. You don't have to reflash it ever.

BATTERY MODS:
    I have continued the popular work "Mattyg battery and clock mods". Mattyg kept these current when he had a Droid Incredible, and he even kept them current for quite some time after he no longer had the phone. We are all thankful to him for putting these together.

These type of flash mods are specific to a particular build of cm7. If you flash one of these to the wrong nightly, it will work only if the cm7 framework has not changed. Otherwise, your phone will be unstable at best, and boot loop at worst. The files have the nightly number at the end, so there is never any confusion about which file goes with what nightly.

If your phone boot loops after flashing, you can easily fix this by reflashing cm7. This is also the method used to "uninstall" these mods if you want to go back to the stock original clock and battery icons.

These are built for CWM3, but they should also work with CWM2 and RA recoverys.

To flash, simply flash them with recovery. Rom Manager will probably work too, but I don't use it.

You can flash the battery mods over each other. The most recent flash will be on the phone, and will overwrite any previous battery mod. There is no need to flash back to stock between changing between these battery mods.

The RemoveClock mod is independent of the battery mods. You can flash clock and battery or either one. They do not interfere with each other in any way.

There is no need to wipe cache or dalvik when you flash these. You can if you want, and it won't hurt anything, but it is not required.

For safety, always have a known good working backup before you flash these, or before you flash anything for that matter.

Enjoy!

RC1 mods have been added, but they are not tested. I have moved past RC1, and you should too! There are CM7 fixes in Nightly #39, and there will continue to be more fixes in the following CM7 builds.

Looks like he's gone AWOL!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Yup, AWOL! I've been out for a bit.

The newest build of the mods is uploading right now :)

:)
    Is there any way you can get this (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=985251) boot animation to work with the new CWM updated scripting?

Here they are:

3 Boot Animations Uploaded:

Android Particle Ring cyan
    Android Particle Ring blue
    Android Particle Ring green
    I thought I had put that one on there. I can't load attachments from my phone but I'll put it on there shortly when I get back to my computer.

Sent from my telephone device thing.
    Yo could you upload the new files...idk if it was #139's or my phone but I think I need to full wipe, my phone keeps restarting after I do like anything, send or receive a txt, close/back out of an application...its a pain in the neck. Luckily it restarts crazy fast, on average 5-10 seconds, still tho...

3rd time full wiping in a couple months (last 2 times because of FCs)

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Update to the latest nightly. There was a nightly somewhere in the late 130s or early 140s that had a bug that would cause the device to fastboot whenever the device went to sleep or screen turned off in landscape.

Sent from my CM7 Droid Incredible using XDA Premium App