Unlocking screen takes while!

Search This thread

TomaLLoS

Jul 28, 2012
Apeldoorn
Hey,

Did anyone had a same feeling about unlock a screen?
I use my nexus 5 and time of reaction - click a power button to switch on screen takes not even one second was reacting so fast that I can't even say how fast it was but in case of my new device which is Samsung s5 is takes while longer !!! And I check with power button and home button. Now I don't know if that's problem with my device or some one else have same feeling.

knate.baca

Apr 23, 2011
Santa FE, NM
Hey,

I use my nexus 5 and time of reaction - click a power button to switch on screen takes not even one second was reacting so fast that I can't even say how fast it was but in case of my new device which is Samsung s5 is takes while longer !!! And I check with power button and home button. Now I don't know if that's problem with my device or some one else have same feeling.
Same here its a little annoying

sxi200

Oct 18, 2010
Melbourne
Try turning off animations. That usually does it up. I know it does in all previous galaxy models I've used.

Edit: that will speed up unlocking but not waking the phone which is what you are after. The title confused me a bit.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium

Last edited:

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Yep. I also noticed a slight delay when pressing home button to turn on the screen

-Sent from Tapatalk

degast

Oct 1, 2008
Try turning off S-Voice to listen to home button.

Settings > S-Voice > untick Open via home key​

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007
I also just noticed this as well. It started happening after I installed the 32 gig SD card. There is a slight delay when I press the power or home button. It's not drastic, but slightly noticeable. I had the GS2 and never had that. Is this something that can be fixed by software update? Besides that one nuance, this phone is excellent in every way!

vvveith

Jul 20, 2010
Cleveland
Two things after much research!

Hey,

This seem to be a hardware/firmware problem. Some of the remedies that have worked for me are: 1.) Turn off auto brightness. 2.) Use a smaller SD card, 16 gigs or less.

Check your battery graph. Is there a constant blue line underneath the graph, if there is, like on mine, I was told it should not be there! I have heard that the only time the blue line should appear is when the screen is on. I am still researching this information but many heads are always better than one. :fingers-crossed:

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007
This seem to be a hardware/firmware problem. Some of the remedies that have worked for me are: 1.) Turn off auto brightness. 2.) Use a smaller SD card, 16 gigs or less.

Check your battery graph. Is there a constant blue line underneath the graph, if there is, like on mine, I was told it should not be there! I have heard that the only time the blue line should appear is when the screen is on. I am still researching this information but many heads are always better than one. :fingers-crossed:

Interesting you mentioned using a smaller SD card. I just replaced my 8 gig card for a 32 gig card and that's when I noticed the difference. Why does that affect it though? This phone should be able to handle 128 gigs! I really hope this is software related. I never use auto brightness, so I know for a fact it's the SD card that's causing.

vvveith

Jul 20, 2010
Cleveland
Seems to be a pretty good conclusion.

Interesting you mentioned using a smaller SD card. I just replaced my 8 gig card for a 32 gig card and that's when I noticed the difference. Why does that affect it though? This phone should be able to handle 128 gigs! I really hope this is software related. I never use auto brightness, so I know for a fact it's the SD card that's causing.

I think certain class 10 high end cards require a certain amount of power to keep them alive? So when the phone goes to sleep for a period of time and the cpu processes down, maybe not enough power, either battery or cpu is being offered to the card. Since more than half of the programs are partly held by the SD card, upon waking the device it takes a some time for it to reassociate all the files? IDK, this is just my best guess as to the why. However, I tried at the suggestion of a few others a program called SD maid available at the Play store and it really seems to have helped so I bought a license to support the author. I highly recommend this app now. It's a very useful tool and for those with root, even more so!