'ok Google'

Search This thread

tuktukscotty

Aug 17, 2010
Bridlington
Google Pixel 4
I have updated my N8010 to 4.4.2. I was really hoping that it had the Google search feature where you say 'ok Google' like my S4 has, but it doesn't. I was wondering if there was any way of getting this feature onto my tablet?.

Thanks in advance

Scotty.

manmikey

Mar 11, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
Its there on my N8010 on kitkat, there is a voice search app in the app draw and I can also access it through the google search widget

Sent from my GT-N8010 using XDA Premium HD app

karaern

May 24, 2008
beyond northern pole
I have updated my N8010 to 4.4.2. I was really hoping that it had the Google search feature where you say 'ok Google' like my S4 has, but it doesn't. I was wondering if there was any way of getting this feature onto my tablet?.

Thanks in advance

Scotty.

google voice never ever work on devices w/o sim card, but flashed with roms and mic files designed for devices that have simcard (reasons are far too long to discuss here....so accept it)
i mean u can never be able to have correctly working any mic applications on if you flash n8000 rom on a wifi only n8010/n8013....
so try to flash n8010/n8013 roms....
or there is another way...
u can struggle several weeks till you repair the issue and be happy that u had done it by yourself...:D

tuktukscotty

Aug 17, 2010
Bridlington
Google Pixel 4
google voice never ever work on devices w/o sim card, but flashed with roms and mic files designed for devices that have simcard (reasons are far too long to discuss here....so accept it)
i mean u can never be able to have correctly working any mic applications on if you flash n8000 rom on a wifi only n8010/n8013....
so try to flash n8010/n8013 roms....
or there is another way...
u can struggle several weeks till you repair the issue and be happy that u had done it by yourself...:D

That doesn't really make sense because if you click the search bar at the top left and then say 'ok Google' it works fine from there. It's just not always active like it is on my phone. Oh well I can put up with it as it is without any worries.

Thanks for your reply

Scotty.