Android 5.1 is rolling out to Xperia Z1 and Z1 Compact soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
R

RaKesh

wpid_sony_xperia_z_ultra.jpg

Android 5.1.1 is rolling out to Xperia Z1

Xperia Z1 is currently running on Android Lollipop OS which had received a few months ago and now it is going to receive Android 5.1 soon. Sony had announced in last month that they are going to rollout the update to Xperia Z1 in this month and the update already certified for Xperia Z3 and Z2. The next in line in Xperia Z series to receive the Android 5.1.1 update is the Xperia Z1. So Xperia Z1 will receive the update by the end of this month. According to previous schedule of rollout of Android Lollipop, Sony will rollout the update to Xperia Z1 first in Middle East countries and then in American and European countries.

Retail and unlocked editions of Xperia Z are going to receive the update sooner than carrier editions. Major carriers in the US will rollout the Android 5.1.1 update to Xperia Z1 in next month. In the UK also, carriers may rollout the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop in next month.
Msg10ixtst_N4w_E1_THkof49a_Ywz_Hmfw_Mz_VIXGn_q_Fo4ddu_EA.png

Android 5.1.1 for Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z1 Tablet

Xperia Z1 Compact and Z1 Tablet also receives the Android 5.1.1 update along Sony Z1. But Sony will rollout the Android 5.1.1 update to Xperia Z1 Compact and Z1 Tablet later than Z1. Sony may advance the schedule to rollout to Xperia Z1, Compact and Tablet at the same time but it will be not possible in most conditions. So Compact and Tablet are going to receive the update in next month.

In this rollout too, the Retail and unlocked editions of Xperia Z1 Compact and Tablet will receive the update at first. Carrier locked editions will receive the update in August or September.:)

Gamer4Life

Aug 1, 2014
I am a heavy multitasker and i have big problema that i didnt faceon any 2gb ram phone i used before

Launcher redraws
Using more than 3 big Apps will force apps and webpages to reopen

These problems are even less common on 1gb ram phones than on xperia z1

Funkmasterchilla

May 13, 2014
Lorient
I am a heavy multitasker and i have big problema that i didnt faceon any 2gb ram phone i used before

Launcher redraws

You are mentioning the very infamous memory leak issue that's been happening with our favourite device since Lolipop upgrade. It should be fixed with 5.1.1 hopefully!

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

Gitaroo

Nov 21, 2012

Launcher redraws

This is my biggest issue with lollipop and it is seriously pissing me off. Launcher redraws constantly after closing any web browser. Phones gets hotter and battery life is horrible.

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
This is my biggest issue with lollipop and it is seriously pissing me off. Launcher redraws constantly after closing any web browser. Phones gets hotter and battery life is horrible.

Yeah it sucks a lot! I'm running cm12.1 (5.1.1) atm and I have a **** ton of apps running and no lag or redraws at all . I have about 600mb of ram free so I hope Sony's 5.1.1 will be similar in terms of ram management

reiji

Jun 12, 2008

Launcher redraws

Performance on my Z1s was terrible also. Constant redraws, Chrome reloaded pages when I went back to them, apps locking up, etc. I simply uninstalled the official Facebook app and everything is fixed. I always closed Facebook from the multitasking screen after using it, but it would still run in the background and, apparently, wreak havoc on the system.

Hopefully, that will fix it for you too.

Gamer4Life

Aug 1, 2014
Performance on my Z1s was terrible also. Constant redraws, Chrome reloaded pages when I went back to them, apps locking up, etc. I simply uninstalled the official Facebook app and everything is fixed. I always closed Facebook from the multitasking screen after using it, but it would still run in the background and, apparently, wreak havoc on the system.

Hopefully, that will fix it for you too.
i reverted back to kitkat and every thing is fine, still multitasking is no match other phones i used before and has has 2gb ram....
z1 uses a lot fo ram compared to other phones

engloa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2011
Here & There ...
Thread closed.

Sources not provided or credits given.
This could have been avoided if you had provided your source like you did here.

Status
Not open for further replies.