[Q] Trouble Rooting Sm900w8

Search This thread

Cabooch

May 26, 2014
Edit: This has been [ SOLVED ] please refer to last post, my idea is that if updating through kies it either turns usb debugging off ( even though it shows on, and or turns reactivation lock on ( even if it appears to be off) , all in all this might just be an issue where wiping the system cache on Clean Master did the trick I have no idea.

Thank you to all who had a hand in providing information

Story goes like this.
Updated through kiies and lost root, so I figured I'll just use Cf auto root to get it back, flash in Odin fails and produces in red text "secure check failed : recovery" have tried different USB ports, cables, battery pulls, wiping of cache. I'm just confused as to why it is A) giving me "secure check failed: Recovery " and if there is any way to fix this so I can actually succeed and get this device rooted.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Story goes like this.
Updated through kies and lost root, so I figured I'll just use Cf auto root to get it back, flash in Odin fails and produces in red text "secure check failed : recovery" have tried different USB ports, cables, battery pulls, wiping of cache. I'm just confused as to why it is A) giving me "secure check failed: Recovery " and if there is any way to fix this so I can actually succeed and get this device rooted.

Thanks in advance

Things to check;

- make sure reactivation lock is off
- make sure the cf file you're using is for your os, 4.3 cf auto root won't work on a 4.4 bootloader

Reactions: Cabooch

Cabooch

May 26, 2014
Things to check;

- make sure the cf file you're using is for your os, 4.3 cf auto root won't work on a 4.4 bootloader

Yes sir, never have turned reactivation lock on and it appears to be off in settings.

I have also used the 4.4 versions of the CF Auto-root to no avail

When trying to flash CWM Recovery i also receive " secure check fail [FMM]: Cache"
When trying to flash TWRP i receive " secure check fail: Recovery"

Any further advice?

hhai2pth

Feb 20, 2014
HCMC
Yes sir, never have turned reactivation lock on and it appears to be off in settings.

When trying to flash CWM Recovery i also receive " secure check fail [FMM]: Cache"

Any further advice?

DID you tick at USB debugging box?

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010

Any further advice?

For root, use this file.

For custom recovery, I've only used this CWM file ever since updating to Kit Kat. Haven't tried TWRP so can't comment on that one.

Cabooch

May 26, 2014

For root....

For custom recovery, I've only use t. Haven't tried TWRP so can't comment on that one.

Yes USB debugging is on

I have attempted with both the exact files, as well as the sm900w8 Cf auto to no avail, I think my last resort is going to be to re flash a fresh version of 4.4.2 and if that sticks I'm going to try this all over again. I'll let you guys k ow what's happening..

Cabooch

May 26, 2014
[SOLVED]

So, got home and was thinking about what i could attempt to do before i just straight up flashed stock and retried, i decided to Toggle off usb debugging and turn it back on, then turned on reactivation lock, and then turned it off. I then proceeded to clean my system cache using Clean master, popped into download mode, and i flashed the Cf Auto-Root for the sn9500 Worked like a charm passed and rooted my device.

Would like to note that this did not trip Knox i am still 0x0 ( can provide pics if needed) Thank you to all that provided some help thanks will be given appropriately

Reactions: hey_joe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-note-3-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-3/

Did this on my n900w8 and still 0.0. CF root sent me into the same loop.
    Story goes like this.
    Updated through kies and lost root, so I figured I'll just use Cf auto root to get it back, flash in Odin fails and produces in red text "secure check failed : recovery" have tried different USB ports, cables, battery pulls, wiping of cache. I'm just confused as to why it is A) giving me "secure check failed: Recovery " and if there is any way to fix this so I can actually succeed and get this device rooted.

Thanks in advance

Things to check;

Any further advice?

Any further advice?

For root, use this file.

For custom recovery, I've only used this CWM file ever since updating to Kit Kat. Haven't tried TWRP so can't comment on that one.
    [SOLVED]

So, got home and was thinking about what i could attempt to do before i just straight up flashed stock and retried, i decided to Toggle off usb debugging and turn it back on, then turned on reactivation lock, and then turned it off. I then proceeded to clean my system cache using Clean master, popped into download mode, and i flashed the Cf Auto-Root for the sn9500 Worked like a charm passed and rooted my device.

Would like to note that this did not trip Knox i am still 0x0 ( can provide pics if needed) Thank you to all that provided some help thanks will be given appropriately