Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
Sorry I don't know what is a cross post

And I have Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 4 GB version

As @Droidriven explained, but also in the forum rules that you agreed to on signing up.

5. Create a thread topic or post a message only once, this includes external links & streaming media.
As a large forum, we don't need unnecessary clutter. You're free to edit your message as you like, so if you do not receive an answer, revisit your message and see if you can describe your problem better. Not everyone is online at the same time so it might take a while before you receive an answer.

You can bump your unanswered question once every 24 hours

Duplicate threads and posts will be removed

Always post in an existing thread if a topic already exists, before creating a new thread.

Use our search function to find the best forum for your device.

Links to an external source are only allowed if relevant to the topic in hand. A description must be included, no copy & pasting from the original source.

Self-promotion is forbidden, this includes blogs, social media and video channels etc. Random links will be removed

skyh3ck

Oct 26, 2014
Skynet
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
Thanks for enlightenment

But we do have a sticker on phone box and behind the phone can't we use that number if we loose IMEI from phone..

Sorry what am I missing

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Thanks for enlightenment

But we do have a sticker on phone box and behind the phone can't we use that number if we loose IMEI from phone..

Sorry what am I missing

Aloisis

Nov 6, 2015
If it's a GSM, I would think most likely the SIM card is causing the problem. Try cleaning it. If it's a CDMA, I think you need to talk to the service provider.
actually i reset the provisioning parameters to factory default and it worked..... but i cant seem to find mobile hotspot and tethering setting

painx

Jun 19, 2014
I have a S4 I9505. What the phone can do: vibrates, turn on, led lights are working, can be detected by the computer. What is the problem: the screen is full black & can't copy any file to the phone. What can I do?

painx

Jun 19, 2014
Was the phone dropped? Maybe the display is broken?

Can you boot into recovery and does the display work then?

The phone worked like a charm. I haven't used the phone for 2-3 months and now can't be booted into anything at all.
Only a vibration when I try to open the phone, LEDS working normal but the screen is complete black.

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
The phone worked like a charm. I haven't used the phone for 2-3 months and now can't be booted into anything at all.
Only a vibration when I try to open the phone, LEDS working normal but the screen is complete black.
If nothing displays when you use the button combination to boot into recovery, then it must be a damaged display.

TheGiantHogweed

Nov 13, 2018
I am certain i have posted the same post twice now and it seems to have disappeared both times. Is there something this forum doesn't like about you posting a reply too quickly? As i did write it in a document then copy and paste it. So it will have posted a lot in very little time. Is this considered suspicious or something as i can't find my question that i know i posted.

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
I am certain i have posted the same post twice now and it seems to have disappeared both times. Is there something this forum doesn't like about you posting a reply too quickly? As i did write it in a document then copy and paste it. So it will have posted a lot in very little time. Is this considered suspicious or something as i can't find my question that i know i posted.
I think you posted in one of the other Q/A threads.

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=80460631

I was going to give you a bit of a smart a** answer in that other thread... I like my iPad for this purpose [emoji2]

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
The rules are against cross-posting. ie posting the same question in two different threads around the same time. Or even posting the same thing twice within 24hrs may of flagged your post. Have a read of the forum rules to check if you have broke them in anyway.
https://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for enlightenment

Sorry what am I missing

I understand your confusion. And I understand that there are legitimate reasons for editing your IMEI.
The problem is, there are also nefarious reasons for changing the IMEI. A stolen phone that is blacklisted and unusable can be used by doing this. Therefore, guides on editing your IMEI are prohibited here, and also instructions to do so too.
You could try Googling a method, but you may have to take your device to a shop to have your device fixed.
Sorry.

TheGiantHogweed

Nov 13, 2018
The rules are against cross-posting. ie posting the same question in two different threads around the same time. Or even posting the same thing twice within 24hrs may of flagged your post. Have a read of the forum rules to check if you have broke them in anyway.
https://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

Edit, sorry it was in another thread. i must have got notifications with a link to this thread because i had visited it. and it made me assume my post had gone. my mistake. Sorry. I should notice the title difference! I probably should have posted it here though as it seems it gets more activity. But i know not to re try now.

Last edited:

skyh3ck

Oct 26, 2014
Skynet
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
I understand your confusion. And I understand that there are legitimate reasons for editing your IMEI.
The problem is, there are also nefarious reasons for changing the IMEI. A stolen phone that is blacklisted and unusable can be used by doing this. Therefore, guides on editing your IMEI are prohibited here, and also instructions to do so too.
You could try Googling a method, but you may have to take your device to a shop to have your device fixed.
Sorry.

i have asus zenfone max pro m1 phone i am planning to try some custom rom, as company provided updates are very very pathetic

however i read that many people are loosing their imei details from phone, so just to be safer side, i want to do something so that i do not loose my current imei any process for that,

i do not want to and dont have time to edit imei etc

also do we need to always have to flash firmware and decrypt file whenever we flash a new custom rom.

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
i have asus zenfone max pro m1 phone i am planning to try some custom rom, as company provided updates are very very pathetic

however i read that many people are loosing their imei details from phone, so just to be safer side, i want to do something so that i do not loose my current imei any process for that,

i do not want to and dont have time to edit imei etc

also do we need to always have to flash firmware and decrypt file whenever we flash a new custom rom.

There is a thread in the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 forum, that describes backing up and restoring IMEI. However, it also states you need to be on a rooted, stock ROM.

Reactions: xunholyx

Polgru345

Nov 25, 2014
Hi,
I'm in quite a rare situation, somehow I managed to damaged my sim slot, and cannot get it to work, so I was wondering if there's a way to do call forwarding form my old phone, to a device with no SIM. I tried Google voice, but it is not available in my country (Ecuador). :crying:

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
Hi,
I'm in quite a rare situation, somehow I managed to damaged my sim slot, and cannot get it to work, so I was wondering if there's a way to do call forwarding form my old phone, to a device with no SIM. I tried Google voice, but it is not available in my country (Ecuador). :crying:
I'm not aware of a Google voice alternative that doesn't have a monthly fee. Within a few months, you would have paid enough to make repair of your SIM slot a better alternative. You don't say what phone it is, but have you looked online for instructions to repair the slot?

Polgru345

Nov 25, 2014
I'm not aware of a Google voice alternative that doesn't have a monthly fee. Within a few months, you would have paid enough to make repair of your SIM slot a better alternative. You don't say what phone it is, but have you looked online for instructions to repair the slot?

My phone is a OnePlus 7, and haven't found much information about it. The think is that Ecuador is an internal problem right now, so there aren't many stores opened for repair, and no transport systems, because of that I need a fast solution to be able to communicate with the loved ones

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
My phone is a OnePlus 7, and haven't found much information about it. The think is that Ecuador is an internal problem right now, so there aren't many stores opened for repair, and no transport systems, because of that I need a fast solution to be able to communicate with the loved ones
Is this a single SIM slot version? I thought all OnePlus 7 had dual SIMs except the t-mobile variant. Is it physical damage or have you tried cleaning the SIM card?

A quick solution might be to get a cheap disposable phone that accepts your SIM card. As I said in the last post, I am not aware of a substitute for Google voice functionality that doesn't have a subscription requirement. I don't think there is a way otherwise to forward the calls from your current number, to an app on the OnePlus 7.

Polgru345

Nov 25, 2014
My phone is a OnePlus 7, and haven't found much information about it. The think is that Ecuador having internal problem right now, so there aren't many stores opened for repair, and no transport systems, because of that I need a fast solution to be able to communicate with the loved ones
I was doing cleaning, but sorry I confused SIM slot, sim reader (sorry about my English).
I've seen some apps to do call forwarding, need to be sent to an another SIM (phone number), and there's my problem, because my phone can't read the sim, in neither of the slots

Top Liked Posts