deisel

Sep 30, 2008
Whos going with whut if thet are both coming to sprint
And why isnt the gs2 the nexus s btw. ?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

qbking77

Dec 2, 2010
Chicago
The Galaxy s2 has a built in water fountain that shoots out Hawaiian punch. The nexus s does not.

063_XOBX

Jun 6, 2010
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Google Pixel 4 XL
GSII For the winnnn.

Oh, and in other news, OSAMA'S DEATH. BOOYAH
The fact that anyone is still considering a Samsung Phone after the update mess reinforces my theory that people love to be screwed over by companies.

And the Osama is a good news bad thing.
On one hand he's dead, on the other it doesn't change anything for anyone and he will be seen as a martyr by his supporters.

ksmullins88

Dec 16, 2010
Detroit, MI
The fact that anyone is still considering a Samsung Phone after the update mess reinforces my theory that people love to be screwed over by companies.

On one hand he's dead, on the other it doesn't change anything for anyone and he will be seen as a martyr by his supporters.

Ya they can speak for themselves. I'm never getting another samsung phone again.
They have awesome hardware, but the software and cust support blows. And stupid things that should be perfected like registering every button on a keyboard or working led lights or a kickstand, shouldn't be an issue on 500 dollar phone.

sent through the grape vines

gtuansdiamm

Nov 15, 2010
New York
If they dont screw us over with variants samsungs support wont suck as much

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago

@the Samsung part, I honestly can't really decide. The GSII is just nice, in my opinion, and I know about the update mayhem but the fact that we've gotten a leak for Gingerbread this quickly gives me a bit hope for the moment.

The Evo 3D is a great phone, and honestly the only reason I didn't choose it was because I like the new TW4.0. Specs wise, Evo 3D wins hands down. But just remember, it's all opinion.

@Osama, yeah, his supporters could be a problem, but without a leader still helps. I mean, after Hitler's suicide (even though it was around the same time as the war ended), his supporters seemed to fade. I don't know; we can only hope for the best and that the death was fortunate.

063_XOBX

Jun 6, 2010
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Google Pixel 4 XL
@the Samsung part, I honestly can't really decide. The GSII is just nice, in my opinion, and I know about the update mayhem but the fact that we've gotten a leak for Gingerbread this quickly gives me a bit hope for the moment.

The Evo 3D is a great phone, and honestly the only reason I didn't choose it was because I like the new TW4.0. Specs wise, Evo 3D wins hands down. But just remember, it's all opinion.

@Osama, yeah, his supporters could be a problem, but without a leader still helps. I mean, after Hitler's suicide (even though it was around the same time as the war ended), his supporters seemed to fade. I don't know; we can only hope for the best and that the death was fortunate.
Samsung hasn't done much to prove that they will be able to put enough pressure on Carriers to test updates to get them to users in a timely manner.

Hitler's suicide was a completely different scenario, a country/regime cannot function without some sort of leader, terrorist/guerilla groups can simply fracture and are largely self-sufficient cells.

Also Hitler's supporters didn't so much fade as flee to South America and try to start a fourth reich, just sayin'.

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
Samsung hasn't done much to prove that they will be able to put enough pressure on Carriers to test updates to get them to users in a timely manner.

Hitler's suicide was a completely different scenario, a country/regime cannot function without some sort of leader, terrorist/guerilla groups can simply fracture and are largely self-sufficient cells.

Also Hitler's supporters didn't so much fade as flee to South America and try to start a fourth reich, just sayin'.

I guess you're right on both parts. But hey, I'm only 14, so I'm trying my best here to comprehend :p

Sent from my Samsung Epic

musclehead84

Nov 3, 2010
Falling Waters, WV

Spec wise the evo 3d wins hands down?? How??

Sent From My Evo Killer!

Reactions: epic4GEE

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago

Sent From My Evo Killer!

Okay well maybe a tie.
GSII has a better resolution and thinness, but the evo 3D DOES have 3D, and I've seen how well that works xD.
Then again...the evo 3d has only 8 GB storage on the sd card. Dammit, I gotta word these things better. ._.

Otherwise, same similar 1.2GHz dual-core proccessor, 8 MP camera, etc

063_XOBX

Jun 6, 2010
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Google Pixel 4 XL
Evo 3D has a higher resolution.
960 x 540 vs 800 x 480.

Performance wise the Evo 3D pulls ahead in some tests while the Galaxy S pulls ahead in some, its mostly a toss up. The difference is nowhere near 1st gen snapdragon vs hummingbird.

gmadez

Sep 24, 2010
Guadalajara
I'm pretty sure S2 will kick harder, but Evo's 3D features + higher res screen + the fact that 1st Evo had one of the greatest dev-communities makes me think I will go HTC next time.. =O

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
Evo 3D has a higher resolution.
960 x 540 vs 800 x 480.

Performance wise the Evo 3D pulls ahead in some tests while the Galaxy S pulls ahead in some, its mostly a toss up. The difference is nowhere near 1st gen snapdragon vs hummingbird.

Oh okay, didn't know the GSII's resolution hadn't improved other than the Plus. I feel pretty stupid atm lol

epic4GEE

Nov 22, 2010

Sent From My Evo Killer!

I want to know the same thing....higher res crappy display, a chip set that hasn't shown us anything in real world tests, the whole 3D gimmick deal, and will be locked down in some way or another. The sgs2 is completely unlocked and is all straightforward non-gimmicky no frills hardware.

I still doubt I'll own either one thanks to sprints new upgrade rules. If I had to choose one of these awesome phones it would likely be the sgs2, for raw power and simplicity. Oh and the S-amoled+ display, that has 50% more subpixels which is going to make resolution look way higher......read the review its all there.

Last edited:

professoroak

Jan 19, 2011
SJ to Boston
GSII. The sAMOLED+ display is just too much to pass up. Going back to a lcd screen would be tough. For me at least... plus I love the whole ultra slim design. I am personally voting for a keyboardless sprint variant.

Apr 23, 2011
If the GSII isn't altered to much by U.S carriers I'll have to go with Sammy but if Sprint plays around with the original design it's the Evo 3D.

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
Okay well maybe a tie.
GSII has a better resolution and thinness, but the evo 3D DOES have 3D, and I've seen how well that works xD.
Then again...the evo 3d has only 8 GB storage on the sd card. Dammit, I gotta word these things better. ._.

Otherwise, same similar 1.2GHz dual-core proccessor, 8 MP camera, etc

I'll be grabbing myself an HTC Evo 3D whenever an upgrade becomes available. I'll just use my 16 GB sdcard on my current Epic when I make the switch. I'm also a HTC sense fan, I started out with it when I made my entrance into Android.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent From My Evo Killer!
    Kyocera echo son.
    Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

you bring shame to your family