[Q] What is "ASUS Waveface Interface"?

Search This thread

Kermode

Aug 9, 2008
I see on ASUS site that the tablet comes with "ASUS Waveface Interface" - I thought it was just straight Honeycomb with some preinstalled apps. But apparently not.

Any who can explain what the Waveface Interface does differently from Honeycomb? :)

foxmeister

Mar 10, 2008
Ealing
From here:

ASUS Waveface also plays host to a set of helpful and unique utilities:

• MyNet: In 3 simple steps you can wirelessly stream media content between devices around the home including desktops and TV.
  • MyLibrary: A clever way to consolidate your must-read books and magazines into one easy-to-navigate profile. Supporting PDF and ePub formats, it offers global content including Googlebooks, and a set of handy utilities to make reading easier including a dictionary, translator, bookmarker, notes and even text-to-speech (requires app download).
  • MyCloud: Easy access to cloud content including WebStorage and the ASUS @Vibe media library (which offers downloads of a huge range of music, video and games to enjoy wherever you are).
  • MyDesktop: A secure remote log-in application which lets you control files and applications on your other devices via the Eee Pad Transformer – including Android, Windows or Mac computers. So, if you forget to email an important file to work and it’s still on your home computer, you can connect to Desktop and do it from where you are

Just a set of apps, only two of which are currently on the Transformer (MyNet and MyLibrary).

Regards,

Dave

Kermode

Aug 9, 2008
Well, I saw that but that doesn't sound like an interface, that sounds like a couple of apps.

"ASUS Waveface also plays host", the "also" says and we have some apps in addition to the interface.

Have you tried it?

Last edited:

Alakhai

May 6, 2011
Anyone running into trouble in mylibrary when you click on asus@vibe button in the upper corner? I get a connection failed message.

seshmaru

Aug 22, 2009
From here:

Just a set of apps, only two of which are currently on the Transformer (MyNet and MyLibrary).

Regards,

Dave

It has all of the apps in the latest update (0423).

Well, I saw that but that doesn't sound like an interface, that sounds like a couple of apps.

"ASUS Waveface also plays host", the "also" says and we have some apps in addition to the interface.

Have you tried it?

Waveshare interface is their own widgets (weather, email, date, myZine) and the custom nav buttons.