Let us take some Pressure From Racht.

Search This thread

Moonystorm

Dec 17, 2010
Aarhus
Hello People, I'm Moon And trough my world of android have i gotten lowend devices for own use. i love them because they're so cheap and still Great.
I have come from the GT540 Optimus to the ZTE blade and now the x8,
(I kept the Blade trough.) I am a big fan of Racht and his sense ports, what i want to ask you people for, since Racht seems to have disappeared should we do what developers and friends of him do. We finish what he started.
Most important is currently The GL Drivers I think, Maybe some RAM Management. The free ram is very low. (about 40\50mb) This causes Rosie to reload after coming from other apps. this would be cool to fix.

I asked XDA MEMBER # Kenia1234 (he ported it to the SGS)
About 3d\open gl and wifi. this was his reply.

however as regards 3D I fixed it using my device's libs under system/lib/egl or under /vendor/lib/egl and of course using a CM7 powered kernel...

as regards the wifi, it's a little bit more complicated...you'd need to have the bins of your device under /system/bin and the firmwares all in order, as the kernel wants to...

hope this was useful!!
Yes it was useful Thank you. any other Sense porters please contact us.
I know a little about this but not enough to do it myself yet. :)

Thank you in case of that you want to help.

~Updates~

Last edited:

Dare-Devil Inside

Apr 5, 2011
Sibenik
racht said that he will port HTC kernel and that means fully working Sense rom as soon as he's back.
I don't know where he is or what is he doing, but he's on xda often. (last activity today).
And I think he's getting Xperia Ray - his post here. Also that's the last thing he posted.

Anyway, the man will spoke, and we shoud donate to him a new device if he's selling his one. To continue development. But, we need to wait until the man spokes!!

Last edited:

Moonystorm

Dec 17, 2010
Aarhus
OH.

racht said that he will port HTC kernel and that means fully working Sense rom as soon as he's back.
I don't know where he is or what is he doing, but he's on xda often. (last activity today).
And I think he's getting Xperia Ray - his post here. Also that's the last thing he posted.

Anyway, the man will spoke, and we shoud donate to him a new device if he's selling his one. To continue development. But, we need to wait until the man spokes!!

I See, Thanks for Providing this information to the masses.
The Ray is the best Choice after the Arc, For me, Since i like big screens.
But yes. Lets just hope for the best. the Guy i updated on, (On the op) is doing GB sense too. We should let Racht Rest and hope for the best.

RockitOut11

Dec 28, 2010
In racht's last Sense Port there is a lot of bugs. I really love that rom but it has a lot of bugs.

I was without SIM Card and in the Notification Bar it was showing that i used %S(something like this) tries for the unlock key and blablabla.

SD Safe to remove bug in ROOT Apps

I tried to connect the phone to my car radio and it doesn't show anything in the phone, only the icon changed to charging, but no led, no popup for connecting, nothing. And the radio does not recognized the phone. (i think it will happen the same in the computer, i think)

3d, wifi, 3G and vibra not working, as it shows on the original topic

So this is what has to be worked on ;)

I cannot help you so much because i'm not a good java developer, i can only understand some parts of the code, but i cannot write it. But if you want a beta tester i'm here to try to find the maximum bugs i can

I will love if someone could continue what Racht did :)

Reactions: Moonystorm

racht

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2010
I am following the news.
As I have said some months ago, X8 is now added to official CM tree, you can see here :
http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=shakira

So, I guess thats the end of CM story (even that I prefer tweaks by doixanh).

Sense rom depends on kernel features that do not work on .29 kernels.
See HTC threads, all new roms require .32 or .35 kernels, lets hope X8 will get a new kernel ported.
And thanks again for support :)

Moonystorm

Dec 17, 2010
Aarhus
I am following the news.
As I have said some months ago, X8 is now added to official CM tree, you can see here :

See HTC threads, all new roms require .32 or .35 kernels, lets hope X8 will get a new kernel ported.

Great to see your alive Racht! And whut o:? does this mean that this rom is a fully working CM7 release like my Blade has?

And Yes, I've heard about the basics of porting sense.
Even trough you would be the best teacher.

Does this mean That Your Leaving the Shakira forums now racht?

Reactions: Edward Kachenko

jahlovePL

Mar 19, 2011
Gdynia
Paul1989 said:
sorry i have to abandon you all i am moving to HTC as i have swapped phones with my brother. i will NOT be carrying this project on and now i leave in the hands ov the other dev's on this forum. sorry to do this but ide rather have a HTC :p

As he wrote, he wouldn't be developing sense on X8. That's bad. Anyone want to take care of this project?

Blagus said that we have to port HTC kernel first, but it's .32 or newer kernel. We have only .29 now. Therefore it follows that we can't have sense on X8 now.

:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am following the news.

I haven't seen racht's new post since I join xda.
    Does anyone know how's he doing?

I think he needs a little rest...
    In racht's last Sense Port there is a lot of bugs. I really love that rom but it has a lot of bugs.

I was without SIM Card and in the Notification Bar it was showing that i used %S(something like this) tries for the unlock key and blablabla.

SD Safe to remove bug in ROOT Apps

I tried to connect the phone to my car radio and it doesn't show anything in the phone, only the icon changed to charging, but no led, no popup for connecting, nothing. And the radio does not recognized the phone. (i think it will happen the same in the computer, i think)

3d, wifi, 3G and vibra not working, as it shows on the original topic

So this is what has to be worked on ;)

I cannot help you so much because i'm not a good java developer, i can only understand some parts of the code, but i cannot write it. But if you want a beta tester i'm here to try to find the maximum bugs i can

I will love if someone could continue what Racht did :)
    I am following the news.

Great to see your alive Racht! And whut o:? does this mean that this rom is a fully working CM7 release like my Blade has?

And Yes, I've heard about the basics of porting sense.
    Even trough you would be the best teacher.

Does this mean That Your Leaving the Shakira forums now racht?