[APP][BETA][ROOT][4+] Wifi Codes - Change Country Codes - Enable Wireless Channels

Search This thread

MIMi King

Mar 19, 2011
Los Angeles
Wifi Codes for Android 4+

What I'm Doin?

This application allows you to change your phone's wifi country code ( which is set by your simcard ), to be able to see wifi networks on all channels. This application also helps people who can't see any wireless networks while the simcard is in their phone ( like me ) which is again caused by the bad country code.

What I Need?

1.You have to be rooted.
2.Anything else? :p

Ok cool, How To Get?

You can get the application .apk from here : http://d-h.st/bi2

I will be uploading the application on the market by the time the beta period is over and I'm sure that it works fine on every phone.

Ok gotcha, How To Use?

1. First make sure that wifi is on. ( will be fixed in next releases )
2. Open the application, and put in your desired country code to fly to! :p
3. You can see 2 main country codes which are already there for you, feel free to use them if they meet your needs!
4. Click `Change It`.
5. Now if it's the first time you are running this application, you will be asked for root permissions. Grant Please!
6. Now If everything goes well you will see a message which says that the country code is changed.
7. Go on and turn off your wifi and turn it back on.
8. You will see all the networks showing up.

Note:You don't have to do this every time the phone boots up... This only needs to be done once. Unless you factory reset your phone.

I can't see any wireless networks

It is caused by new android 4 roms arriving to the devices ( mainly htc phones ) which use some carrier and country specific files to set Wifi Regulatory Domain options ( which was present in wifi settings until android 2.3, but been removed from android 4 and later roms ). If your country code seems unknown to android system, then it fails to set right options and it fails to intiate wireless scan.

To solve this all you need to do is to change your country code manually to a known one, so that android system can determine what channels it should scan for networks.

Change Log

09 Nov. 2012 - V1 - Initial Release

Known Bugs

1. If you run the application when the wifi is off, then you will face issues and you will need to restart your phone. ( I'm trying to solve this, but I believe it's nothing with my application, it's an android bug :) )
2. You Say!

About Beta

This application is still in beta section, and won't get to final releases without the help of you guys.. Feel free to post here if you faced any issues while working with the application.

Nov 29, 2010
Hey
I just want to say thank you. I have been faced with this problem and it has been driving me bonkers. I've been trying to run scripts to fix, have tried wifix and others .. File permissions on wps_supplicant. All no luck

But your app here seems to be working. No more reboots and wifi has locked on for half an hour. Looking very positive

Thanks again

MAC address

Does this country code change affect the MAC address on my device ? I have applications that are sensitive to the MAC address and if this address is changed, it will cease to work. Otherwise, I want to try this ASAP. I also noticed that some of the wireless networks will be seen in the discovery, but I cannot connect to those. Can this country setting change fix my problem ?

Reactions: iapps and MIMi King
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

Awesome

awesome job mate!!!and by the way can i juzt enter my country name or is there any specific code for each country pls list the countries and their codes..;)

Hayabusa_XDA

Jan 9, 2012
it works !!

Thank you very much for the app and your information. :victory: :D :)

Helped me to run SlimBean3.0 using wifi channel 13 in Germany. Maybe there is something wrong with my simcard - but whatever, your little app made my day.

Reactions: sami.young

kettir

Mar 31, 2011
Central Ohio
Will this be of any use to someone in the USA who doesn't travel outside the USA? Will the app enable ALL possible channels? Or is it useful mainly for people in a country who get a ROM which isn't properly coded for the channels in their particular country?

I'm not having any problems finding Wifi signal with the stock AT&T ROM, so far as I know. But if there are any wifi channels available out there in the USA that are not currently enabled by the stock ROM, this might be useful to me, if only to see them.

ufish2

Aug 25, 2010
?

I've had a heck of a time trying to get wifi to stick on a sd card install of cm10 on my nook color,ya'll think this might help but i dont see any way to install app cause i cant get pass greyed out wifi and cant sign into google and no internet..thanks..;)

tltan86

Jun 30, 2011
Thanks for this wonderful utility. Will be better if the app can display current setup.

Thanks again!

MIMi King

Mar 19, 2011
Los Angeles
Does this country code change affect the MAC address on my device ? I have applications that are sensitive to the MAC address and if this address is changed, it will cease to work. Otherwise, I want to try this ASAP. I also noticed that some of the wireless networks will be seen in the discovery, but I cannot connect to those. Can this country setting change fix my problem ?

No, It doesn't have anything to do with your wlan MAC Address, It just changes the country code. So It is safe to use in your case.

P.S: Sorry for the late reply.

Reactions: Oxin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wifi Codes for Android 4+

What I'm Doin?

This application allows you to change your phone's wifi country code ( which is set by your simcard ), to be able to see wifi networks on all channels. This application also helps people who can't see any wireless networks while the simcard is in their phone ( like me ) which is again caused by the bad country code.

What I Need?

1.You have to be rooted.
    2.Anything else? :p

Ok cool, How To Get?

You can get the application .apk from here : http://d-h.st/bi2

I will be uploading the application on the market by the time the beta period is over and I'm sure that it works fine on every phone.

Ok gotcha, How To Use?

1. First make sure that wifi is on. ( will be fixed in next releases )
    2. Open the application, and put in your desired country code to fly to! :p
    3. You can see 2 main country codes which are already there for you, feel free to use them if they meet your needs!
    4. Click `Change It`.
    5. Now if it's the first time you are running this application, you will be asked for root permissions. Grant Please!
    6. Now If everything goes well you will see a message which says that the country code is changed.
    7. Go on and turn off your wifi and turn it back on.
    8. You will see all the networks showing up.

Note:You don't have to do this every time the phone boots up... This only needs to be done once. Unless you factory reset your phone.

I can't see any wireless networks

It is caused by new android 4 roms arriving to the devices ( mainly htc phones ) which use some carrier and country specific files to set Wifi Regulatory Domain options ( which was present in wifi settings until android 2.3, but been removed from android 4 and later roms ). If your country code seems unknown to android system, then it fails to set right options and it fails to intiate wireless scan.

To solve this all you need to do is to change your country code manually to a known one, so that android system can determine what channels it should scan for networks.

Change Log

09 Nov. 2012 - V1 - Initial Release

Known Bugs

1. If you run the application when the wifi is off, then you will face issues and you will need to restart your phone. ( I'm trying to solve this, but I believe it's nothing with my application, it's an android bug :) )
    2. You Say!

About Beta

This application is still in beta section, and won't get to final releases without the help of you guys.. Feel free to post here if you faced any issues while working with the application.
    Not working for me

xperia s 4.1.2 stock jb

i’m living in syria so the wifi is blocked when i put the syrian sim and the country code seems not changed
    MAC address

can't open the app with cm10 :/ downloaded it three times but it never worked...
    Will this be of any use to someone in the USA who doesn't travel outside the USA? Will the app enable ALL possible channels? Or is it useful mainly for people in a country who get a ROM which isn't properly coded for the channels in their particular country?

I'm not having any problems finding Wifi signal with the stock AT&T ROM, so far as I know. But if there are any wifi channels available out there in the USA that are not currently enabled by the stock ROM, this might be useful to me, if only to see them.