[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies

Search This thread

dentdntn

Aug 26, 2012
I'm curious about using external storage to install games as the internal is full after installing 3 games. I plugged in an external powered drive and it shows up in es file explorer but I can't copy anything to it and it won't mount in settings either. I'm guessing only thumb drives work? Do they have to be fat32 or ext 4? I just want the option to copy all of my games and files to bigger storage. Any help would be appreciated.

dentdntn

Aug 26, 2012
I've managed to get my USB drive to mount. However my internal storage is full. Is there anyway to automatically install games to USB rather than the internal memory? Linktosd doesn't work as it states my SD is emulated.

dentdntn

Aug 26, 2012
OK. No way on KK to move apps and data to external USB. Folder Mount is pants. When I moved kodi it didn't work. Need a solution to install to USB as default. Installed 4 games and internal is full. 8gb is pretty rubbish in this day and age. Can anyone offer a solution apart from folder mount?

phrozenstare

Sep 11, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
OK. No way on KK to move apps and data to external USB. Folder Mount is pants. When I moved kodi it didn't work. Need a solution to install to USB as default. Installed 4 games and internal is full. 8gb is pretty rubbish in this day and age. Can anyone offer a solution apart from folder mount?

its not possible right now because google removed the ability to use USB storage with KK. which was why they never officially upgraded Ouya to kitkat in the first place

dentdntn

Aug 26, 2012
I get it. I wonder why google decided to remove moving to external storage? I've reverted back to stock rom and bought a large USB drive for storage.

It's a shame as CM11 was great on my Ouya but as Kodi is only supported up to 15.2 (i think) on official stock roms it's a shame we can't dual boot CM11 for Kodi and stock for games.

Also i've tried to get the Play Store installed using Xposed and Ouya Mods but it crashes everytime on boot. I've also tried to flash Gapps to it and it just keeps crashing.

Kodi and the Play store are the only things I miss about having CM11.

eduardo.oc

Apr 13, 2016
Hi
Thanks for sharing
thread: [ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies :good:

I own 2 Ouya consoles, is there any way to clone the Ouya with the CM11 to another console?

Last edited:

brenosabino

Nov 19, 2013
whats the difference between the cm-11-20160312-NIGHTLY-ouya build and the cm-11-20160401-NIGHTLY-MLQ-ouya and cm-11-20160501-NIGHTLY-MLQ-ouya. What has been changed?

s2003r

Apr 15, 2011
movieson.ru
hi all,
tip to share, if was not earlier: to fix cutting off boot screen just change the boot image by going to setting> theme>boot image
you can get the boot images in playstore, search for "cm11 boot"

achiweing

Dec 16, 2013
Hi guys,

I am not very keen with the Ouya Controller (OC from now) and also I have an iPega 9037 that works perfectly so this is my main controller for games. The problem is that the OC is paired with the console just pressing the home button and I would like to do the same with my iPega. So to pair this one I have to go with the OC to settings-bluetooth-and pair it and it’s kinda annoying.

There is any way to set up another remote controller to be found automatically for the Ouya as it does with it own remote control?

Cheers!

lightykd

Dec 4, 2008
Any way to bring back a working On-Screen keyboard? Just installed this on my OUYA and the only major issues I have are...

1) Can't use the mouse when watching video. That means no rewind/pause/forward in Netflix and I can't exit video in PBS Kids

2) Lack of an onscreen keyboard. The standard Android keyboard does not allow you to use arrow and "select" keys on a game controller or remote to type.

This is a very solid ROM. I'm using "TV Launcher" since the OUYA launcher is not displaying properly. On a bright side, "TV Launcher" does allow you to edit your icons. :)

Any way to bring back a working On-Screen keyboard? Just installed this on my OUYA and the only major issues I have are...

1) Can't use the mouse when watching video. That means no rewind/pause/forward in Netflix and I can't exit video in PBS Kids

2) Lack of an onscreen keyboard. The standard Android keyboard does not allow you to use arrow and "select" keys on a game controller or remote to type.

This is a very solid ROM. I'm using "TV Launcher" since the OUYA launcher is not displaying properly. On a bright side, "TV Launcher" does allow you to edit your icons. :)

Grab the LeanbackKeyboard.apk which is part of a zip file found on the OUYA.wiki site. It is a bit smaller, but works very well with this.
http://ouya.wiki/Talk:CyanogenMod_Guide

D

Dr. Mario

I am hoping the recent nightly has Dirty Cow fixes... (It's now a serious security problem, as even though it's a local vulnerability, it's possible that someone can remotely hack Ouya and steal the data that interest them, also by rooting it remotely - and probably change the internal kernel password).

D

Dr. Mario

I just don't like the cooler it came with, so I modified my OUYA, with a Delta 40mm fan (or is it 30mm?), and shorted the fan switching transistor (I triple checked with digital multimeter to be sure). Now it barely get warm especially when running torturous Prime benchmark.

Top Liked Posts