[ROM] [3. 2][4.0.4] DannoRom_2.0.6 Oct 16

Search This thread

dan-htc-touch

Dec 6, 2007
calgary
Hey folks here it is, recovery flashable rom for the sgh-i957.

install from recovery. I recomend a full wipe, but, entirely your choice, this rom wont do it for you.

Info:
Should have most issues fixed, back to rogers boot animation now
rebased off telus ota for ics 4.0.4 all the features of last rom
recomend ATT NOTE radio http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1769255

updated busybox, should work better now

added zipalign on boot for data/app
added init.d scripts for speed increase
updated system apps to latest versions

Based on rogers stock 3.2 rom
Android OS version: 3.2
Device: SGH-I957R
Model: SGH-I957R
ROM Name: MASTER.UXLB8
CSC version: I957RRWCLB8_CL630763
Rooted (Superuser.apk + su)
Rooted (unsecured boot.img)
BusyBox
init.d support
Nano text editor installed
Bash shell support
deodexed
zipaligned
debloated
Da_G's 1944MHz SGH-i957 LTE OC

Download:

http://goo.im/devs/damantea/DannoRom

Last edited:

hjlow

Jan 18, 2007
wow thanks for this ROM. anyone can confirm if Rogers Live Tv app works on this?

njbuzz

Feb 5, 2012
Having an issue connecting to att. Did I forget to do something?

Sent from my SGH-I957R using xda premium

njbuzz

Feb 5, 2012
Thanks for the help. I was getting a sim error first, now with those settings I am getting Error searching for network.

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
That is a phone screen shot.

Here are my tab apn settings... Excuse formatting.

Name: ATT Broadband
APN: Broadband
MCC: 310
MNC:410
Authentication: none
APN type: Internet + mms
APN protocol: IPv4

Everything else is not set

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Reactions: engrboy and njbuzz

nrvate

Aug 25, 2010
Anyone else flash this on an AT&T (not rodgers) 957? (Not 957R)

Just did, it comes up, but is amazingly slowwwwwww.

Curious if anyone is seeing the same behavior... :)

Edit: going back to the stock boot.img did away with that problem. Appears to be related to OC kernel?

UPDATE: reflashed the "1944mhz" Da_G kernel to the boot partition (untar'ed the ODIN tar, dd'ed boot.img to blk0p8) and no slowness was observed, set to 1.72ghz, lets see what 200mhz buys me -- hopefully not a crash :-D

Last edited:

dan-htc-touch

Dec 6, 2007
calgary

Edit: going back to the stock boot.img did away with that problem. Appears to be related to OC kernel?

hmm, that is odd, anyone else with slowness issue?

nrvate

Aug 25, 2010
Broadband APN got me on LTE also. PTA didn't work. I think that one only works with phones?

Either way, I'm getting my usual ~25mbit speeds on AT&T LTE's network, so that's a good sign :)

Seems this ROM is a little faster, but that's based only on software install times from the play store, which is the most intensive thing I've done so far.

Looks like less lag on storage access, maybe.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Mine is running fine. Better than before actually.

I957 ATT or some other variant?

I don't think the hardware should matter here, though.

I'll try the OC kernel as included in the .zip again in a little bit :)

njbuzz

Feb 5, 2012
Broadband APN got me on LTE also. PTA didn't work. I think that one only works with phones?

Either way, I'm getting my usual ~25mbit speeds on AT&T LTE's network, so that's a good sign :)

Seems this ROM is a little faster, but that's based only on software install times from the play store, which is the most intensive thing I've done so far.

Looks like less lag on storage access, maybe.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

I957 ATT or some other variant?

I don't think the hardware should matter here, though.

I'll try the OC kernel as included in the .zip again in a little bit :)

I'm on ATT.

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007

You flash through cwm or twrp?

Reactions: ThePundisher

nrvate

Aug 25, 2010
GPS working for anyone? It appears non-functional here in Texas, hasn't locked in 30 minutes and the "GPS Status" market app shows no sats locked in.

Is there possibly some config that needs to get changed to make it realize it's not in Canada anymore any should look for other birds? or something or that sort?

GPS was really solid on the stock image.

I'll try to troubleshoot but right now just curious if it's just me or all us :)

UPDATE: Magically started working while poking around trying to see why it may be broken. Maybe the GPS receiver just needed a lot of convincing it's in Texas now?
The rogers image has the debug level at 3, ATT at 5 (system/etc/gps.conf) -- Not that we really need that level of debug for normal use, but just another diff between ATT and rogers to note -- sure is less chatty in logcat that way :)

If you're having trouble getting a lock, might just be best to leave GPS on overnight and let it figure out its parameters.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Got to work, about 8 miles from my home. Tab now has no clue where it is an is using network (cell tower) location only. GPS is not receiving fixes. logcat shows the location service is making successful RPC calls to libloc, and the GPS hardware is trying, but isn't getting a real fix. Let it sit for an hour trying to get a fix, nothing. reflashed stock AT&T ROM, boot, instant fix to 20 meters.

Got back home, ATT image found it's position ~8 miles away in <1 min

So to be more specific about the "test" conditions, I usually turn GPS on only when I intend to use it, sometimes leaving it off for a day or two... This always presents a bit of a challenge for the GPS to re-lock with it's current parameters (GPS parameters drift, and are updated daily via the internet, aka AGPS). An especially good test of GPS functionality is to move more than a few miles with GPS powered down, so it has to essentially "re-fix". Seems whatever is different in the ATT image makes this process faster?

Any suggestions on what to look at? I don't know much about how GPS works on Android, but I'd guess this would be pretty easy to remedy if I knew what to hack at. It doesn't seem to be a delta in config files (there's not exactly much of those, regardless) so I'm suspecting something in a library or jar (ie: the android framework) -- you guys think the delta might be in something released by samsung? I can grab both the platform sources (957 and 957R) and compare, if I can find where some of the GPS code is (there's a LOT of code there lol!) .. I'd kinda like to learn more about android GPS anyways!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks here it is, recovery flashable rom for the sgh-i957.

install from recovery. I recomend a full wipe, but, entirely your choice, this rom wont do it for you.

Info:
    Should have most issues fixed, back to rogers boot animation now
    rebased off telus ota for ics 4.0.4 all the features of last rom
    recomend ATT NOTE radio http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1769255

updated busybox, should work better now

added zipalign on boot for data/app
    added init.d scripts for speed increase
    updated system apps to latest versions

Based on rogers stock 3.2 rom
    Android OS version: 3.2
    Device: SGH-I957R
    Model: SGH-I957R
    ROM Name: MASTER.UXLB8
    CSC version: I957RRWCLB8_CL630763
    Rooted (Superuser.apk + su)
    Rooted (unsecured boot.img)
    BusyBox
    init.d support
    Nano text editor installed
    Bash shell support
    deodexed
    zipaligned
    debloated
    Da_G's 1944MHz SGH-i957 LTE OC

Download:

http://goo.im/devs/damantea/DannoRom
    Mirrors

Can someone plz upload to another host?

Here you go :

Tmo_SGH-T989_UVLE1_radio.zip - 19.75 MB

Att_ucla1_radio-1.zip - 21.83 MB

DannoRom2.0.zip - 373.98 MB

Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip - 625.15 KB

I'm uploading everything at one place so it will be easy for everyone.

-KS
    I have my tab working awesome now. I can't even believe it.

I've found the ROM on my device. Luckily I was able to retrieve it. I'll upload it to Dropbox for you guys.

Danno Rom

TWRP Odin Flashable Tar File

Odin 1.85

Gapps ICS 4.0.4

First thing I did was flash TWRP with Odin, Booted into recovery (Power + Up Volume), wiped it clean. Then I moved the ROM and Gapps files to device in the TWRP Folder. Booted back into recovery (Power + Up Volume) and flashed the ROM + Gapps. Works like a charm now. Fast and smooth. Cheers boys!
    I have the same issue after trying CLF6, then going back to CLA1 because the tablet was very sluggish (but it had connection). Trying to flash CLF6 a second time didn't help (other than it being sluggish again). Even tried the T-Mobile VLE1 modem, still the same problem, says no SIM inserted.

I inserted T-Mobile US, T-Mobile UK, Virgin Canada, Orange UK, Vodaphone Australia, Bell, Rogers, Fido and AT&T SIM cards, all produce the same non-result and all work in my other devices.

Follow this simple steps and you will get 4G/LTE speed with DannoROM 2.0 on AT&T Network...

1. in Recovery -> Install the attached modded RADIO (by ME, lol)... -> Reboot to android -> and back to recovery.

http://tekunix.com/downloads/roms/i717-ICS-UCLF6-Modem-MODDED.zip

2. in Recovery again...-> Re-FLASH the ROM in top... so libraries get fixed.
    3. Flash the update.zip so you get superuser working...
    4. Done... you will boot and you will get 4G/LTE speed... tested myself
    That is a phone screen shot.

Here are my tab apn settings... Excuse formatting.

Name: ATT Broadband
    APN: Broadband
    MCC: 310
    MNC:410
    Authentication: none
    APN type: Internet + mms
    APN protocol: IPv4

Everything else is not set