[Q] HTC Desire S Paint?

Search This thread

huzi_a

Hey guys, I have a few scratches and scuffs on my black HTC Desire S around the edges. I have a case on it but it was my cousin's and i think he went a while without a case. I'm thinking of spray painting it to the original colour. If i can't get the original one then possibly a different colour. How would I go about doing that and what kind of paint would i need? Strange question for XDA, eh? :p
Thanks guys.

rusor123

Dec 22, 2010
Hey guys, I have a few scratches and scuffs on my black HTC Desire S around the edges. I have a case on it but it was my cousin's and i think he went a while without a case. I'm thinking of spray painting it to the original colour. If i can't get the original one then possibly a different colour. How would I go about doing that and what kind of paint would i need? Strange question for XDA, eh? :p
Thanks guys.
Dude do not spray paint. Spray paint will be much weaker than the original coating... so it will wear off gradually. There is another Option though- http://braindeadlock.net/macbook-dye-project/

haroldil23

Oct 2, 2011
Ariel
You can replace all the housing, with a new one, more expensive then paint, but it can actualy "renew" your device.
Search ebay for item number 260851559777.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

D

Deleted member 2496007

Can't remember where but someone in here went the other way and sanded the casing down to remove all the paint, making it a silver desire S. Looked quite nice.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

huzi_a

Dude do not spray paint. Spray paint will be much weaker than the original coating... so it will wear off gradually. There is another Option though- http://braindeadlock.net/macbook-dye-project/

Yeah i'd prefer that the paint lasts a long time. I like the dying idea but i'd probs end up "dying the cat" as he said in the guide :p

You can replace all the housing, with a new one, more expensive then paint, but it can actualy "renew" your device.
Search ebay for item number 260851559777.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

I was thinking of that but I don't really trust myself :p

Can't remember where but someone in here went the other way and sanded the casing down to remove all the paint, making it a silver desire S. Looked quite nice.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

I think this would be the best option coz I've seen a Desire HD sanded down which looked really sexy. I'm gonna research it a bit more.